Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought that the 2009 Star Trek handled its cast very nicely so if DoFP manages the same I'll be happy :yay:

Going to Japan twice? Impossible! :o

Agreed. I don't want to see Banshee or Havok go, especially Banshee, but I could not care less about Angel or Riptide. I'm curious to know if Moira is a casualty of the 11 year time jump, too.

Probably no (if you're talking about if she's not alive anymore), since Moira appeared in X3.

I wonder if the Wolverine seen in this movie is not the one from the future, but the one that McAvoy and Fassbender encountered in XM:FC who told them to go **** themselves.

That would mean that whoever is involved trying to save the future would need to convince him to join his/her/their cause decades before Professor X managed to convince him in X1.

They already said that this movie is set after Last Stand. Plus the Jean Grey cameo, they wouldn't include it if Wolverine haven't met jean Grey yet.

Last edited:
Probably no (if you're talking about if she's not alive anymore), since Moira appeared in X3.

They already said that this movie is set after Last Stand. Plus the Jean Grey cameo, they wouldn't include it if Wolverine haven't met jean Grey yet.

But they also said this movie is set in the 70s. There's not only one version of Wolverine. There's the present/ future version, and the past version that appeared in First Class, which was in the 60s. I'm talking about the past version of him.

But they also said this movie is set in the 70s. There's not only one version of Wolverine. There's the present/ future version, and the past version that appeared in First Class, which was in the 60s. I'm talking about the past version of him.
Since Wolverine wasn't yet with the X-Men in the 70s, I don't think we'll see his 70s self there. Unless it's another cameo.

Since Wolverine wasn't yet with the X-Men in the 70s, I don't think we'll see his 70s self there. Unless it's another cameo.

I was going to say past-Wolverine would be in Vietnam but the US pulled out of Vietnam in... wait for it... 1973. The exact year the film is set in. So they might involve the past version in the story too.

yes, but he then joined up with striker and his team, so, he still wouldn't be around

He won't be with the X-Men, but he'll be around in the 70s. If Jackman only plays Wolverine in the present/future scenes, then he's not around for the movie much once it moves to the 70s.

It's unlikely Wolverine will be one of the time travellers. Why make him one anyway when there's a Wolverine in the 70s? If Kitty (and possibly Rogue and Ice Man) travel back in time, then they might band together with any mutants available. They might come across 70s Wolverine. While he won't be with the X-Men, they might have to convince him to help them considering what's at stake. Of course, he'll be reluctant, but maybe they'll reveal a bit of what he could become in the future, and he might be inspired.

Using the 70s Wolverine ensures that Jackman is around for both eras and doesn't suddenly disappear when they go back to the past.

Will they even show a lot of scenes of Wolverine in the 70s? Especially the plot of the movie happens in the present. It could be just a part a long montage like the one that we saw in Origins.

Will they even show a lot of scenes of Wolverine in the 70s? Especially the plot of the movie happens in the present. It could be just a part a long montage like the one that we saw in Origins.

I see it like Back To the Future 2. The movie could start off in the present for the first act of the movie with the last remaining X-Men fighting off the Sentinels. Then maybe Wolverine could be holding some off with a bunch of other X-Men, while Kitty (and possibly a couple of others) travel back in time to the 70s. Then the movie shifts to that era for the middle part. Then towards the end of the 3rd act it could go back to the present and show how it has been changed.

Otherwise what possible reason is there for having the First Class cast? And Jennifer Lawrence won't even be able to play that much if it's in the present, because now that should be Rebecca Romijn. However, Jennifer is their biggest female star.

I see it like Back To the Future 2. The movie could start off in the present for the first act of the movie with the last remaining X-Men fighting off the Sentinels. Then maybe Wolverine could be holding some off with a bunch of other X-Men, while Kitty (and possibly a couple of others) travel back in time to the 70s. Then the movie shifts to that era for the middle part. Then towards the end of the 3rd act it could go back to the present and show how it has been changed.

Otherwise what possible reason is there for having the First Class cast? And Jennifer Lawrence won't even be able to play that much if it's in the present, because now that should be Rebecca Romijn. However, Jennifer is their biggest female star.

Ugh. That sounds so complicated. Just focus on the Japan storyline.

And FYI, I was talking about The Wolverine.

I wonder if Genosha, genoshan mutates/skinsuit will be involved or the SugarMan?

I have to say this...........

I AM TIRED OF THE AVENGERS. IT TIME FOR X-MEN AGIAN. X-MEN WAS THE PREMIERE GROUP IN COMICS

AND I LIKE THE MOVIES BECAUSE THEY HAD A DEEP STORY. IF YOU TOLD SOMEBODY 5 YEARS AGO THEY WERE MAKING AN AVENGERS MOVIE THEY WOULD HAVE LAUGH AT YOU AND TOLD YOU EVERYTHING DOESN'T WORK.

AVENGERS IN THE COMICS WERE A B TEAM JUSTICE LEAGUE!
EVERYBODY KNEW THAT.

WAIT UNTIL X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST COMES OUT. WATCH HOW EVERYBODY JUMPS BACK ON THE X-MEN BAND WAGON X-MEN WAS ALWAYS BETTER THAN AVENGERS.

WATCH!

MAYBE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS NOT THE ONLY GROUP WHEDON HAS TO WORRY ABOUT.

MARK MY WORDS.

I agree with most of what you said (just stay away from the Caps Lock :p)

That said, no one, especially not Joss Whedon, is worrying about Justice League. Maybe WB is though.

Here's hoping for a big flash of light and everything is arrange back to the original members *sorta like DC Crisis on Infinite Earths‎*

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-sentinels-kitty-pryde-story/

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Sentinels.jpg

I was going to say past-Wolverine would be in Vietnam but the US pulled out of Vietnam in... wait for it... 1973. The exact year the film is set in. So they might involve the past version in the story too.

But if Wolverine was involved with the X-Men back in the 70s, it doesn't really make sense for him to get a surprise when he meets them years later in the original trilogy.

Of course you could then argue that the Wolverine in the 70s is not the same Wolverine as in the original trilogy because of the alternate timelines and stuff. But then it can still become a headache because it's not clear at what point this alternate timeline is actually created and how much shared history original!Wolverine and alternate!Wolverine would still have.

My head hurts already D: I wonder if they'll complicate things by trying to clear things up :hehe:

No, I was questioning if she will simply be gone, a casualty of time gone by and people moving on.

Perhaps once the X-men in the 70's are able to return to change the history then whoever went back to the past returned to the event right after X2. Phoenix's power would also change as a result.

If CIA are somehow involved in the plot, it's possible for Moira to be in the movie I guess.

I doubt we'll be seeing her allot in DOFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"