DC November Solicits

OH JEEZE!!

"3 Kryptoneans = 7 Kryptoneans", as translated from my Kryptonese Scrolls :whatever:

**1940s Radio Voice**

"This just in! This just in! Kurt Busiek's 'top secret dc project' is going to be called 'Crisis Off Infinite Kryptoneans'!"

**End of News Bulletin**

Ugh. We get maybe six or or seven decent books while the rest of the horde is saturated with ******ed bullsht. And congratulations, DC, for fcking up Simone's Wonder Woman's schedule before it even begins. At this rate, we're going to see Simone's Diana appear in the Atom first before she even appears in her own book.

They're just keeping with the tradition of the book so far.

Kyle Rayner's new costume looks uber-lame, but at least Kyle looks to be omnipresent in November. That's always good. I hope Gibbons snaps him up for GLC, as that cover implies he will, too.

The Batman stuff sounds great. I'll be adding Robin to my buy list at least for the duration of the crossover.

Though Peter Milligan writing the title makes me whimper. Hope he doesn't skewer the book the way he did for Adjectiveless X-Men.

I am f***ing psyched about the Ra's Resurrection in the Bat-titles.

Dont know why, but I love this cover.

SM_ANN_2007_CVR_SOLICIT.jpg

we all know why you like taht cover darth. did'nt know you were into kids doing
animals..

See, this is why I'm not getting you a job.

Doesn't bother me one bit. It's cool that Superman actually has people to relate to now.

Kyle Rayner's new costume looks uber-lame, but at least Kyle looks to be omnipresent in November. That's always good. I hope Gibbons snaps him up for GLC, as that cover implies he will, too.
I can deal with that damn Daxamite or whatever taking over the role of Ion -- which is also bullsht, incidentally, on many many levels about which I plan to write magnificent essays when it happens -- but the fact that Kyle would then be left with that fugly uniform is just too much. Man, a combination of all of Kyle's costumes should be a holy breed of awesome, and yet they somehow managed to make it look like the plainest, most boring outfit since Hal Jordan.

The saddest part is that it'd probably be a hundred times better if they just moved the GL symbol back to the center and lit it up again. Kyle had the first glowing lantern symbol, and now he's stuck with the most plain, boring piece of **** one. Not cool. :o
Doesn't bother me one bit. It's cool that Superman actually has people to relate to now.
You mean it's nice he has other Kryptonians to relate to, right? Superman already had people to relate to, and the great thing about the pre-IC Super-family is that they were all a bunch of orphans, just like Superman. Matrix was some freaky entity with no connections on Earth; Superman accepted her as one of his closest allies. Power Girl was utterly alone, with no clue of where she really came from; Superman extended a hand of friendship to her. Superboy was just some clone; Superman accepted him as family. Steel was a fledgling hero who wasn't even sure he could get the job done; Superman assured him that the only things he really needed to be a hero were conviction and courage, which John Henry had in spades. I loved that dynamic of Superman as a big brother figure for these disparate, homeless people that he saw something special in, effectively doing for them in the hero game what the Kents did for him in life. Now he's just surrounded by a bunch of people who happen to share his planet of origin. :o

You know what would make this cover better?

Getting rid of the girly, the boy, and the animal.

Getting rid of Supergirl would give us a better look at Powergirl, that's always a plus.

You mean it's nice he has other Kryptonians to relate to, right?

Correct. I should have been more specific. It's nice that he has other members of his race around. Relating to someone is great, but sometimes they just don't FULLY get it. This way they can all discuss home, etc.

Chris wasn't born on Krypton, Power Girl remembers even less about it than Superman does, even discounting the fact that her Krypton wasn't his Krypton...and Supergirl sucks. And Superman should have long since gotten over his Krypton-musing days by now. The waaaambulance has come and passed.

Really, if Superman wants to visit Kryptonians who actually know anything about Krypton, wouldn't Kandor be a good place? He does keep it on a shelf in the Fortress, right?

SALVATION RUN #1
Written by Bill Willingham
Art and cover by Sean Chen & Walden Wong
Variant cover by TK
Don’t miss the stunning debut issue of a 7-part miniseries written by Bill Willingham (SHADOWPACT, FABLES) with art by superstar Sean Chen (Iron Man, X-Men: The End) & Walden Wong (COUNTDOWN TO MYSTERY, DAY OF VENGEANCE)! The world has finally had enough of the villains of the DCU — so they’re exiling the evildoers to another planet, where they’ll be left to their own diabolical devices! Who will thrive…and who will survive?
Retailers please note: This issue will feature two covers that may be ordered separately. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (featuring a cover by Sean Chen & Walden Wong), retailers may order one Variant Edition (featuring a cover by TK TK). See the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale November 14 • 1 of 7 •32 pg, FC, $2.99 US [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hmm, never noticed that before. That looks very interesting.

TEEN TITANS EAST SPECIAL #1
Written by Judd Winick
Art and cover by Ian Churchill & Norm Rapmund
Titans Tower is back up and running on the East Coast as Judd Winick, Ian Churchill & Norm Rapmund assemble an explosive new team of Titans under the leadership of Cyborg! But their first mission may be their last as powerful forces gather to destroy all Titans past and future!
On sale November 14 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US[/FONT]

So, is there going to be two Titan titles then?

Supergirl written by Busiek isn't annoying therefore wins at life.

OMFG finally, they use Vulcan! His mini was great!

84a833b9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"