DC to "Rebirth" in June - Part 2

Wait What? How the hell did i miss that.
I had the theory it could be Alan Scott...when was the last time Alan Scott appeared?

Last time i remember seeing Alan Scott was in the Earth 2 series. But that was a different version of the character.

New costume and creative team for Batgirl:
https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/6/15/17466032/batgirl-new-costume-redesign

Dfv837fXcAAOeba.jpg

Yup... Totally digging the Year One re-design. :ilv:

So I don't really keep up with the buzz, but do people generally not like Tom King? The only things I've read from him are Mister Miracle and The Omega Men, and I've loved 'em both.
I forgot to add this the other day, but definitely pick up Vision. And if you want to read non-superhero stuff, there's Sheriff of Babylon which is pretty solid and a sequel has been announced.

God, we got rid of that awful New 52 Millennial costume! I like this new Batgirl look.

So let me get this straight... many people disliked the Stewart/Tarr redesign because, they said, "it doesn't fit an adult Barbara". But this hideous homage to her Year One costume does? Wtf is up with that silly mask?

Can't wait for DC to realize what a huge mistake they've made and change it again. Bring back the armored black/yellow one, I say.

Sean Gordon Murphy designed Batgirl's new suit. I dig it.

They can put her in as many costumes as they want, as long as Babs is Batgirl again, I will not give a flying ****.

Put her back in the chair and make her Oracle again.

Add me to the list who think the new suit his a miserable eyesore. But I really don't care either way, because they were hinting at returning her to the wheelchair and then now I guess not. They even went and revealed Steph and Cass' tenure as Batgirl to them, but it doesn't look like that is actually going anywhere anytime soon.

So let me get this straight... many people disliked the Stewart/Tarr redesign because, they said, "it doesn't fit an adult Barbara". But this hideous homage to her Year One costume does? Wtf is up with that silly mask?

Can't wait for DC to realize what a huge mistake they've made and change it again. Bring back the armored black/yellow one, I say.

I liked the Stewart/Tarr redesign but she was always drawn to look like a teen which made things weird since she was an adult.

While I hate the mask of this new one, overall it isnt that bad. But I still prefer and wish we'd just go back to her New52 outfit
latest

By far the best version of the costume.

Yeah, the new 52 suit was excellent. Although I think the Rebirth Batgirl was a good alternative because it was a way to bring the do-it-yourself aspect of batgirl. I always thought she made the suit alone, so that fitted.
I don't like the current one from Sean Murphy, especially the lack of cowl. and people thought schumacher batman was inappropriate :whatever:

I liked her original New 52 costume, not the later New 52 one...

Yeah, it was practical and cool at the same time. It made her look like someone you definitely don't want to mess with.

Although I think the Rebirth Batgirl was a good alternative because it was a way to bring the do-it-yourself aspect of batgirl. I always thought she made the suit alone, so that fitted.
I love the Burnside costume, but I agree with its detractors that it isn't what a post-TKJ Barbara should wear.

DC Black Label seems interesting. Some of the photos released of "Batman: Damned" look amazing

Last edited:
Guess who's coming to the comics? I'm genuinely pleased about this. SIV was the first time I saw a live-action Superman, so the goofy things is a bit of a soft spot for me.

Screenshot_2018_06_19_22_55_32_2.png

I need to vent, just quickly as I'm currently reading Red Hood vs. Anarky. I will admit, I facepalmed at first with some of the...choice dialogue, shall we say. I'm glad it was all for a reason in the end.

Last edited:
Looks like Man of Steel is revisiting
Mr. oz
I hope somehow that is an effort to undue that entire horrible decision.

Well, after a decent start, I'm officially not a fan of Bendis' Man of Steel. It has now reached the levels I was expecting when Bendis was first announced.

I forgot to add this the other day, but definitely pick up Vision. And if you want to read non-superhero stuff, there's Sheriff of Babylon which is pretty solid and a sequel has been announced.
Thanks, I will check those out. :up:

Agreed on this Bendis run. Underwhelming.

I'm generally quite a traditionalist when it comes to superhero costumes, so I was pleased to see the return of Superman's red trunks (all we have to do is see Batman gets his trunks back...and the yellow oval logo too), but has the costume change been explained anywhere in the comics themselves? I know it's been referenced but has Superman said why he decided to go pro-trunks again?

Personally I would've loved if they gave Superman his MOS movie suit.

Welp, NY Times (and DC) spoiled Batman #50 today.

Those who have been hating King's run will detest it, and him, even more. Those who have been enjoying the run will probably be damn disappointed...

Ha ha ha!

[BLACKOUT]So after enduring a shi**y ass run by a shi**y ass writer for the one thing I was expecting, it was never going to happen, as I guessed around the time that Booster Gold shi**y story hit. I started to wonder if this would happen and had my doubts around then.

At least with it being spoiled, I don't have to wait until issue 50 to stop reading this garbage, I can stop now! There are good things to be found in shi*![/BLACKOUT]

I just saw it...and there is no joy or anything, no glee or "schadenfreude"...im just really really upset.

He takes a dump on anything in the batman universe, twists the characters around to fit the narrative instead the other way around, and then he doesnt even have the guts to go through with the story that is built since 20 issues or so?

F*** Tom King...i take it all back, he is not a good writer...he is garbage.
A sellout garbage writer who is willing to go on all fours for profit.

You dedicate your whole run to butchering the universe, you sacrifice every character and the involved characters themself to this...and then you back out in the end? What a disgusting move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"