Deadpool Deadpool Discussion- SPOILER WARNING!!

I saw Deadpool last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. The jokes were great, certainly laughed at the majority of them. Ryan Reynolds certainly makes such an awesome Deadpool :)

This is gonna be an awesome year for CBM starting with DP.

What an awesome movie. I have never laughed so much since The Avengers.

Gotta give fox massive credit in not screwing this up :cwink:

Deadpool is not as violent as those 3 shows in my eyes, those 3 had worse things in for me.

Crude humour is generally sex and genital jokes and the movie has plenty, but they are funny as hell. To actually tell you some of the jokes would ruin some of the moments in the movie.

Thanks for the tip! :up:

I just saw it, great movie me and my friends and the entire imax crowd were laughing the entire time, and the action was great too. looking forward to the sequel.

Watched it. Loved it. I want more.

The comedy was great and so was the action. It's much better when you're in a room full of people ready to like and laugh at this movie.

I still don't really appreciate when DP breaks the 4th wall to look directly at the camera (but even some scenes were good). I prefer when it's more subtle (like the studio not affording more X-Men). Besides that, I have nothing to complain about.

What were the end credit scenes?
DP in pajamas asking the crowd to go away. "Still here? It's over, you can go, now. You want more? We don't have money" Stuff like "Sam Jackson isn't gonna show up wearing an eye patch".
Then the screen goes black, but he shows up again talking about how Cable is going to be in the sequel.

It's a fun diversion. I chuckled throughout and laughed openly at some scenes, but it wasn't as sidesplitting as I hoped it would be. And for a 107-minute movie, it dragged in places -- it needed to be lighter on its feet, pacing-wise. And the jarring tonal shifts -- R-rated comedy to superhero drama and back again -- weren't that well integrated.

But... this was the role Reynolds was born to play. Hopefully the sequel will be quicker and funnier.

Just got home from seeing it.

Oh...my...god... That was awesome! Most comedies would love to be HALF as funny as this movie. Might as well buy tickets to two shows folks, because you are going to miss some dialog while the crowd laughs. Kinda like the Hulk line after he smashes Loki in Avengers.

I can't think of one thing to complain about. This should get epic word of mouth.

Best thing...I wonder if this will cause more studios to allow "passion projects" for various characters? Deadpool just proved you don't have to spend 200m to turn out a great SH movie.

Also may I add.

The Professor/X-Men timeline joke was absolutely amazing.

No one caught that joke!!! I was the only one laughing.

You're referring to the "which one, MvAvoy or Stewart" joke right? No one laughed at that line in my audience either! I really didn't think that was too "inside baseball" to understand but apparently it was for our audiences. Posers.

You're referring to the "which one, MvAvoy or Stewart" joke right? No one laughed at that line in my audience either! I really didn't think that was too "inside baseball" to understand but apparently it was for our audiences. Posers.

That got a big laugh from the audience at the show I saw tonight. So did the one about the studio not being able to afford any of the other X-Men. :funny:

I really enjoyed it. I agree that it definitely had some weird tonal shifts - where it was hilarious one minute and dark and serious the next, but as a whole it worked.

Reynolds was fabulous...I can’t picture anyone anyone else playing him. And that opening credits sequence was pure gold. :lmao:

Really captured the spirit of the character, props to Ryan Reynolds for keeping the mask on for what seemed like half the movie. 9/10

I think when weasel said something about "that guys over there looking for you, something something probably to further the plot along" was hilarious and I was the only one to laugh at it.

I really liked this movie. It was hilarious, it was weird. I just liked it.

Bring on Cable and Deadpool

What were the end credit scenes?

DP in pajamas asking the crowd to go away. "Still here? It's over, you can go, now. You want more? We don't have money" Stuff like "Sam Jackson isn't gonna show up wearing an eye patch".
Then the screen goes black, but he shows up again talking about how Cable is going to be in the sequel.

You failed to mention that it's a spoof on the end of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Wow, these guys did it. I've been waiting for this movie and getting in debates about how it would be made for over a decade now. Deadpool has been my favorite comic character alongside Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men since I was a kid and I could't be more happy with how this team has fought and followed through. To actually see this movie with my friends at a sold out showing with lines forming for the next has just been amazing.

The film perfectly captured the tone I have loved in the comics and I still can't believe they got it this perfect. Getting the dark tone of Deadpool from his cancer and moments in the workshop to his constant one liners is a tough balancing act. Most the times the comics themselves can't seem to find the perfect balance, being that it's easy to lean one way or the other. But these guys did it without missing a beat. In some major ways they actually improved on the source giving Wade and Vanessa a much more emotional relationship.

Too stoked right now to really write a detailed review but overall I don't see how any Deadpool fan could complain. Was grinning ear to ear every moment.

Well done Reynolds and crew, thanks for never giving up. And thank you Fox for moving forward and trusting in them. :up::up::dpl:

Amazing film, it captured just everything you would ever want in a CBM.

Was I crazy or was....
Ajax final headquarters remnants of a HellaCarrier?

Yeah, that entire final fight was a bit of a spoof on MCU movies with how they all seem to have similar Hellicarriers that fall out of the sky.

This movie knocked it out of the ballpark though. It also wasn't as gore-y or nude-y as I thought it would be. There's only really maybe 3 or 4 gore-y moments throughout the film, the best being Deadpool's roundhouse kick of the decapitated head. That moment was brilliant.

But yeah, JJ and DD I would consider more violent than Deadpool. Especially some of the stuff that Kilgrave does in JJ. That stuff was far more disturbing than what Deadpool does. Of course, Deadpool is funny whereas JJ is grimdark so yeah.

I think Miller, Reese and Wernick did an excellent job juggling tone to be frank. It was spastic sure, but it kinda captured the essence of Deadpool well to me.

Best scenes no doubt were with Colossus. Bit of Monty Python going on there with Wade trying to beat up Colossus. NTW was also great.

What a way to start of 2016. Reynolds and co. know whats up. Time to bring on Cable!

Yeah, that entire final fight was a bit of a spoof on MCU movies with how they all seem to have similar Hellicarriers that fall out of the sky.

This movie knocked it out of the ballpark though. It also wasn't as gore-y or nude-y as I thought it would be. There's only really maybe 3 or 4 gore-y moments throughout the film, the best being Deadpool's roundhouse kick of the decapitated head. That moment was brilliant.

But yeah, JJ and DD I would consider more violent than Deadpool. Especially some of the stuff that Kilgrave does in JJ. That stuff was far more disturbing than what Deadpool does. Of course, Deadpool is funny whereas JJ is grimdark so yeah.

I think Miller, Reese and Wernick did an excellent job juggling tone to be frank. It was spastic sure, but it kinda captured the essence of Deadpool well to me.

Best scenes no doubt were with Colossus. Bit of Monty Python going on there with Wade trying to beat up Colossus. NTW was also great.

What a way to start of 2016. Reynolds and co. know whats up. Time to bring on Cable!

The question who is going to play him!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"