Deadpool Deadpool Discussion- SPOILER WARNING!!

Baby hand will haunt my dreams for a long time.

So many funny parts in this movie. I really didn't expect to be laughing and smiling this much. The whole audience just lost it at the Deadpool vs Colossus fight. People just couldn't stop laughing. Also the joke when they enter the X-Mansion about only being able to hire two X-Men, and the joke about the incoherent timeline. Those hit really hard with the audience as well.

I've read basically all the reviews, seen the trailer, and knew way too much already going in. And I was still pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this movie. It was amazing. We did have some parents dragging their kids out of the theater pretty early in the movie. I did find that pretty funny.

For me, personally, I always really appreciate great music placement in a film and I thought the music choices were so well done. I cant explain why but i just LOVE how the movie ended with Wade and his girl making out amongst all the destruction to "Careless Whisper." Such as perfect way to end the movie imo.

Also, when Ajax says "Im gobna sow that mouth shut'" and Wade says "ehhh I wouldnt do that," that was definitely an X: OW dig, right?

Last edited:
Pretty much everything I could say about Deadpool was said perfectly by moviebob.

Just got back from seeing it about an hour ago. Overall I liked it, even though I'm not a huge fan of crude humor. The main thing I didn't like, which is understandable, is that Wade Wilson wasn't really likeable. But that's who Deadpool is. 7.5/10.

Craziest, funniest movie I've seen in a looooong time. I haven't had deep stomach pains from laughing that much since Wolf of Wall Street.

Fox did the right thing here. They took a risk and it worked 100%. For every Fantastic Four they make, they come come back with a Deadpool, just like course correcting X-Men Origins: Wolverine by making Days of Future Past.

I'm so happy for Ryan Reynolds. This is going to strike gold, and we will see Deadpool again. Best Ryan Reynolds movie ever, and it'll likely be his most successful. Bravo.

It's just so odd and surreal when a major studio like Fox does everything exactly right. This is probably one of the best comic book movies ever made.

I can't remember the last time I saw such a "fun" superhero film of this sort where everything goes. It's like taking the gritty elements of something like Darkman and blending it with The Mask and Kick-Ass. A very effective film. Liked it alot.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I saw such a "fun" superhero film of this sort where everything goes. It's like taking the gritty elements of something like Darkman and blending it with The Mask and Kick-Ass. A very effective film. Liked it alot.

Reminded me of the grittiness and darkness of Spawn mixed with the humor and wackiness of The Mask.

I recall the moment when DP cut his hand off was the moment the movie really kicked it into gear for me. That whole scene that proceeded him coming back to his apartment was quaint.

I too agree with Moviebob.
Speaking of Bob...Neat cameo. Hope to see him again in the sequel as the running gag of these flicks.

I think the hype (others as well as my own) over Colossus and NTW went a tad overblown. Colossus needs better material even for this new & "comic-accurate" portrayal and NTW was an okay cliche, but they were intended as jokes, so it's w/e.
I guess I wish the movie had more seriously written characters or at least more subtle on the intended humor that cuts in right after, so that the few characters who are meant to be funny can shine more.

Oh and, there was actually someone cheering when Vanessa stabbed Ajax :funny:

Last edited:
The question who is going to play him!?
How about Vinnie Jones? He's a really likeable actor and that man has enough charisma to not be a completely dull Cable and have a great interaction with Wade. I think the Deadpool game nailed Cable with Deadpool and he could be just like that.
You failed to mention that it's a spoof on the end of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
I had no idea. Had to Youtube that.
Deadpool's better.

Gonna see it tomorrow hopefully. Got a question though for those who've seen it.

Can you say which style of Deadpool the film goes with? Is it more Joe Kelly, Duggan and Posehn, or Daniel Way-styled?
It's like 80% Kelly and 20% Way and I was really glad to see that it had much more of Kelly's.

How about Vinnie Jones? He's a really likeable actor and that man has enough charisma to not be a completely dull Cable and have a great interaction with Wade. I think the Deadpool game nailed Cable with Deadpool and he could be just like that.
I had no idea. Had to Youtube that.
Deadpool's better..

Vinnie Jones played juggernaut in X-3 might be little to much wall breaking

Kurt Russell is most likely playing Star Lord's dad in Guardian of the Galaxy vol 2, so I doubt he'd be able to play Cable.

How about Mel Gibson for Cable? I know he is not popular anymore, but I think he would nail the role.

One thing I will say is that having Vanessa/Copycat not be a mutant (or somehow get powers activated; I almost thought that was where the climax was going, before I remembered that it wasn't just the chamber that did that, you need the serum, etc.) may kind of limit the use of that character in future movies.

I also think the more tragic side to Deadpool was done well. There was a kind of melancholy in some scenes. Like when he is following Vanessa in public, then starts noticing people staring at him, growing more and more conscious about his looks. I thought Reynolds did great showing that side to the character. He genuinely seemed insecure. I totally bought that his crazy persona is a coping mechanism.

I also think the more tragic side to Deadpool was done well. There was a kind of melancholy in some scenes. Like when he is following Vanessa in public, then starts noticing people staring at him, growing more and more conscious about his looks. I thought Reynolds did great showing that side to the character. He genuinely seemed insecure. I totally bought that his crazy persona is a coping mechanism.

:up: those scenes were great because they heart to the movie and the character. I am glad amongst the jokes they managed to give the movie some heart and emotion as it was important to the movie.

The story was meh, but I wasn't expecting Doctor Zhivago. The humour mostly made up for that though.

Last edited:
Neat easter egg I noticed on my second viewing, Ryan's first look (pizza,bar,balls in holes, etc) he's wearing a Bea Arthur t-shirt

This movie didn't answer the most important question. What happened to Dopinder? Will he be arrested? Will he be back as a villain? Anything is possible. Everything is true.

This movie didn't answer the most important question. What happened to Dopinder? Will he be arrested? Will he be back as a villain? Anything is possible. Everything is true.

:hehe: my Dad actually made the same point after we walked out, he said "I wanted to know what happened to the taxi driver?" Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"