Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least Reynolds isn't getting trashed in the slaughter of Green Lantern.

That movies gettin it pretty harsh right now. Batman seems to be the only winner for DC theatrically, which is too bad. Some awesome DC characters and stories I would like to see. Im sure it will depend on the box office on if the sequel moves ahead but maybe this is a good thing for the Deadpool movie moving forward if they dont go ahead for the GL sequel.

Yeah, hes well received in all of them though. The early scenes with Wade and Lievs performance as Creed are the best things about XMOW. Deadpool is the role for him. Its tough to picture anyone else as Wade.

Edit: Reynolds said in an interview RIPD is shooting in a couple months. So looks like Deadpool is still gonna have a ways to go before production. ****!

Last edited:
That movies gettin it pretty harsh right now. Batman seems to be the only winner for DC theatrically, which is too bad. Some awesome DC characters and stories I would like to see. Im sure it will depend on the box office on if the sequel moves ahead but maybe this is a good thing for the Deadpool movie moving forward if they dont go ahead for the GL sequel.

I hope we get a second GL movie, at least. All I'm asking for from DC is GL, WW, and Flash. Maybe even that Justice League if we get lucky.

As for RIPD, Deadpool, and GL2, I don't think the scheduling is as complicated as people make it out to be. You can shoot multiple movies in a year, and Deadpool probably won't come out until at least 2013, considering The Wolverine is (possibly) in 2012. And GL2 could be in the next two or three years. That's a lot of time to work things around.

I dont think we'll get a GL 2....the reviews are bad at the moment, and people were already on the fence about it.

Worst case..GL2 gets canned...and DEADPOOL EMERGES!

I dont think we'll get a GL 2....the reviews are bad at the moment, and people were already on the fence about it.

Worst case..GL2 gets canned...and DEADPOOL EMERGES!

Reviews mean nothing if it brings in the money. Look at TF2. Let's wait 'til the numbers come in, then we'll have a better idea for GL2.

Edit: Reynolds said in an interview RIPD is shooting in a couple months. So looks like Deadpool is still gonna have a ways to go before production. ****!

Deadpool wasn't slated to start shooting until next year anyway.

Reviews mean nothing if it brings in the money. Look at TF2. Let's wait 'til the numbers come in, then we'll have a better idea for GL2.

True but TF2 was fully critic proof, they already had a successful first movie. Thats not the case with GL.

Deadpool wasn't slated to start shooting until next year anyway.

I dont think it ever had a start date. But it keeps getting set aside for other projects.

I want Green Lantern to fail so badly. I want it to be a miserable piece of garbage and for Ryan to come running back to the Deadpool script.

This needs to happen NOW.

Well I wouldn't go that far. But i've always though Reynolds doing GL was a big mistake. Sure he's probably bagged a nice few million, but it was the wrong role for him.

And honestly, all the press tours he's done on the talk shows and what not never led me to believe he was that passionate about it.

His head said do Green Lantern for the money. But his heart is obviously still on Deadpool. Even a recent interview promoting Green Lantern he came out and said Deadpool is the only comic book character he's ever liked. I mean, if you're saying things like that whilst promoting another comic book movie, says a lot about how he feels.

He was on Conan last night and was asked if he would to do another comic book character and he didnt say Deadpool I wonder if the studio got on his back. But at this point DP is like a myth to us fans we all know he will be perfect but by pushing the film back with other films the myth continues to grow.

Probably. They don't want him talking about a Marvel character whilst promoting Green Lantern. Don't blame them to be honest.

The interview the other day where he was going on about Deadpool surprised me. I mean, how can you get away with talking about a Marvel character whilst promoting your film about a DC character?!? lol

Well, Conan did say other superheroes. If anything Deadpool is not a superhero. :oldrazz:

Im just wondering if fox is going to look at GL a huge movie to see if he can carry a franchise on his own.If GL does bad then it will appear that he cant carry a film? He said though that DP wont get a huge budget but still Im just wondering if they will put up a nice 40 or 50 mill behind DP and can you link me to the interview you mentioned?

He was on Conan last night and was asked if he would to do another comic book character and he didnt say Deadpool I wonder if the studio got on his back. But at this point DP is like a myth to us fans we all know he will be perfect but by pushing the film back with other films the myth continues to grow.

I thought the same thing when I watched it. Then I realized:

a) He's promoting DC material.
b) Deadpool is not a hero.
c) Conan would have no clue who Deadpool is.

Well Green Lantern won't be getting sequels any time soon. Might be one of the biggest flops ever.

But that raises a question, with Reynolds the lead in this utter disaster, will Fox even want him? Will Fox have the confidence that he can make a comeback and be a box office draw?

Not as though any of this was Reynolds' fault. But he was the lead, it's gonna be damaging for him.

Ryan Reynolds has a comic-book curse!

FOX better cancel Deadpool just move on with X-Men 4.

Last edited:
Box office curse? Wolverine racked up more cash then XFC. Deadpool will get made and more then likely before X4. I dont see how Deadpool would interfere with Fox making X4.

If The Change up, Safe House and RIPD are decent I dont think any one will care but if they suck then that might get the general audience sick of him. Hes not getting thrashed for GL, hes not the main problem with it. Most people I talked to have thought Lantern looked bad from the get go. The movie just never really looked good. I still think people like Reynolds. Even Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie cant grab that much cash out of an audience if their movie sucks. Tourist didnt do great. Dont know how this will effect Deadpool. Hopefully just ditch the GL sequel and make Deadpool.

Last edited:
Screw X-Men 4. X-3 has them into a corner they can't get out of.

If there is an X-Men sequel it should be a First Class sequel.

Besides, Deadpool wouldn't interfere with those plans anyway.

And Def, there is no need for Reynolds to ditch the GL sequel, it won't get one. It's on course to be one of the biggest box office flops ever.

Good Id like to see a decent GL movie one of these days but Deadpool needs to happen now. Sucks for GL crew, lotta talented people there.

Only reason I want X4 is so I can see Psylocke, Archangel and sentinles. All my fav characters are X force right now so Ill take an Uncanny X Force movie over both XFC and X4 :woot:

I know we all hate continuity X film discussions but it really is just too ****ed to actually have the most potential for an X4. At least First Class has a somewhat clean slate ahead till they get to X1 times. I say screw the first 3 X films and let FC do its own thing.

Last edited:
Well Green Lantern won't be getting sequels any time soon. Might be one of the biggest flops ever.

But that raises a question, with Reynolds the lead in this utter disaster, will Fox even want him? Will Fox have the confidence that he can make a comeback and be a box office draw?

Not as though any of this was Reynolds' fault. But he was the lead, it's gonna be damaging for him.

It's not the worst ever. It's not even a huge flop. It did pretty well for a superhero movie no one really knows about.

But still...Deadpool...>>>>> all.

XMFC only got less cash than Wolverine because it came AFTER Wolverine....

And who cares how Fox feels about Reynolds... It shouldn't change a thing, their whole reason to do the Deadpool movie was pretty much a knee crawling apology to the fans after the huge backlash they got for Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"