Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear Ryan and Tim are still attached. Hope Millar talks some sense into Fox about R rated flicks.

Rob Liefeld tweets

I assure you, as Deadpool's daddy that me, Tim Miller and @mrmarkmillar have huddled on all things Deadpool. We will storm the castle!!

The single biggest blockade(blockhead?) is gone. Mr. Tom Rothman has been removed from Fox. Not a friend of Deadpool's.

I've said it again, if the Deadpool test footage was seen, leaked, the Internet would freak and riots would ensue. Bloody PERFECT.

So with rothman gone it seems the possibilty of deadpool being made post DOFP has gone up.

Any news is good news i guess.

i really want this movie

with Rothman gone and the Deadpool videogame coming next year, hopefully Fox moves forward with this soon

I really want that slo-mo opening with "Angel in the Morning" playing over the chaos. It would be so worth it just for that.

If Ryan Reynolds plays green lantern In Justice League don't expext this till at least 2016.

Reynolds scheduled is filled and it will remain that way with projects that are not Deadpool.

Miller and Liefield both commented that hes still committed and involved. I believe hes a producer on it as well. Hes not the holdback.

@mrmarkmillar: Lots of tweets asking about Fox movies this week. I can say nothing yet, I'm afraid, but to paraphrase Indiana Jones: Trust us :)

Hope FOX gives the go ahead soon. :yay:

I really want that slo-mo opening with "Angel in the Morning" playing over the chaos. It would be so worth it just for that.

That's really all I can hope for.

If Kick-ash can be a mild hit, so can Deadpool!!

:Yawn: This movie is confirmed to me when it comes out in theaters.

I'm hoping Reynolds drops out, and we get an unknown, skilled physical actor who is willing to do the whole movie masked. No offense to Ryan, but I doubt he wants to be covered in prosthetics or a mask, regardless how eager he is. He isn't a Hugo Weaving, and that is what we need for a great Wade Wilson performance.

I still want Reynolds as Deadpool. I'll feel like something is missing if they don't get that to happen.

I'm hoping Reynolds drops out, and we get an unknown, skilled physical actor who is willing to do the whole movie masked. No offense to Ryan, but I doubt he wants to be covered in prosthetics or a mask, regardless how eager he is. He isn't a Hugo Weaving, and that is what we need for a great Wade Wilson performance.

Why wouldn't he?

It's not like Deadpool goes through the whole comic masked all the time. There are often times where he has flashbacks, uses prosthetics to hide his scars or has an image inducer. There are many opportunities for Reynolds to show his face, without taking the mask off just for the bad place of it, like in all the Spider-Man Movies.

Yeah, anything pre Deadpool will be Reynolds unmasked and even if he didnt take off the mask most the flick I dont think Reynolds would care. He wants to do the character justice.

Because Reynolds whole marketability is with his magazine cover good looks and his muscles.

This is a role where he'd have to mostly be in prosthetics or he'd have to be doing ADR for most of the role.

I think for Deadpool I'd much rather see an actor who immerses himself in the role and completely transforms and disguises himself. I just don't think Reynolds has the chops for it.

His face is effed up for most the script though and Reynolds had his hand in that. There has never been anything to suggest Reynolds wouldnt be cool with wearing prosthetics for most the flick. He seemed to be all about it.

I can see being personally against an actor cause you dont like them, but Reynolds has supported bringing the character true to screen more then anyone other person in the industry. He seems dedicated to doing it right or not at all.

Last edited:
It's not necessarily Reynolds decision.

Reynolds is so cool with it and yet he constantly puts off making this movie ;) .

Reynolds is so supportive of bringing the true character to the screen yet his only association with the role is a vast perversion of it.

If the studio wants an unscard/ unmasked Deadpool, then thats gonna happen regardless of the actor.

The hold up is with the studio cutting the check though. Reynolds isnt the problem. Its clear Reynolds and Miller want the film to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"