Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm sorry, I'm never donating money on KICKSTARTER for Fox to do a Deadpool movie.

My movie ticket is the donation.

The R rated Blade movies were successful, they need to get on this

Agreed, I still wish Ghost Rider followed suit....well, theres a lot of things about the GR films I would have done differently.

I'm just happy that they're sticking with all the breaking the 4th wall stuff. Without that certain kind of bizarre humor it's just another action flick. So on that front, and especially the way it apparently addresses the Wolverine movie it sounds hilarious and awesome.

I don't know that it really needs an R rating though, looking at the list of NC 17 seems like they could get away with quite a bit. Does it really need the same rating as crap like Saw and Hostel?

Anyway ultimately I could give two hoots about the rating, as long as it get done. And it should, because there's no reason for this thing to be expensive. So get on it, Fox.

i'm just glad we got some update to the movie. nice to see that Ryan still wants to make the movie. hopefully Fox execs pull their heads out of their asses and get this made.

Not really an update:
On DEADPOOL and his erratic behavior:
I love that kind of stuff. I loved doing Wolverine 'cause the movie wasn't on my shoulders. I got to kind of come in and insult everybody. It was a lot of fun actually. I love Deadpool and there is a script that's in development. But it's so, so far into the R-rated zone... it's a nearly NC-17 world and I just don't know if the studio would ever risk their reputation doing it. We've been developing it and we would never wanna do it unless you could it that R-rated way, so...

On DEADPOOL's view of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE and how it would play in continuity:
I don't think you can do that, because that character would really sully that whole world. The script is one rewrite away from Deadpool jumping across the desk at the studio executive and attacking him. But I've always wanted to do the movie just if only because Deadpool would get to do his own movie trailer. So that's a thing that we were dying to do and we would love to be a part of that. I don't know how it would fit though, no. In the current iteration of the script, it doesn't address Wolverine - though it does address Deadpool's appearance in Wolverine. Deadpool was not happy with Deadpool in Wolverine. He has a sort of a WTF!? moment with that.

But I've always wanted to do the movie just if only because Deadpool would get to do his own movie trailer.
They should just film the trailer without the film being greenlit. So many different ways they can do that while talking **** on current comic films.

Last edited:
Video interview with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick on Deadpool. Said its their favorite script they have written.
http://collider.com/deadpool-movie-details-rhett-reese-paul-wernick/
RHETT REESE: We have a phenomenal director in Tim Miller, who did about a 3-minute test for Fox, and Ryan came in to do the mo-cap for it and the voice. And it’s like the greatest three minutes ever. I look at the three minutes and I’m like, “That’s the movie, and it has to get made.” I think the biggest hurdle right now is convincing the-powers-that-be that it’s okay to have a hard-R rated movie within the Marvel Universe.

REESE: I think there just has to be a tolerance for the outlier. There has to be a tolerance for this one project that’s not like all the other Marvel projects.

PAUL WERNICK: Iron Man was like that when it came out. Tony Stark and the hard drinking, fast-talking billionaire was very different from all the other Marvel characters. And look what it became. And we feel that way about Deadpool.

REESE: The script leaked online in some bizarre way that we haven’t figured out, so it’s very easily findable out there. It’s pretty much you go on Google and type in “Deadpool script” and you’ll find it. Not to say people should be doing that because it certainly wasn’t something we anticipated or enjoyed in the moment, but the Deadpool fans who found it think that it’s right in the wheelhouse of what a Deadpool movie should be. And so again, we’re just fighting that uphill battle to convince people, and be positive.

They mention they can make it for $50 mil and joked about kickstarter. 50 mil? Serisouly wtf are you waiting for FOX!!!

Last edited:
What Iron Man was/is is pretty tamed compared to Deadpool.

Come on FOX, grow some balls!

Personally I think if Fox ever does Deadpool it will be more like the earlier issues of the Joe Kelly monthly series. Less blood and guts more situational humor. Deadpool rooms with that blind old lady.

Last edited:
Joe Kelly :) And I hope you're right because I actually think that Deadpool was a lot more mature. He wasn't just violence and foul language but actually a really dark, psychologically screwed up character. I mean, he kept Blind Al a prisoner in that house and if she ever spoke to any outsiders, he'd basically torture her.

Yeah, It's by far the best. Kelly noted alot is taken from his run with the script and sounded pretty stoked about it.

While I think its possible to do a pg-13, I'd much prefer an R especially knowing how a few of these set pieces and scenes go down. With guns and swords being Deadpool's weapon of choice your gonna be held back if its pg-13. Not to mention the workshop is gonna be some pretty dark jacked up ****. Torture to that length isn't easy to pull off with rating restrictions.

Last edited:
Another interview with the writers.
http://www.slashfilm.com/deadpool-w...script-is-online-have-tricks-up-their-sleeve/
Rhett Reese: The way I would describe it is to say it’s the best script we’ve ever written and probably ever can write. To us it’s the pinnacle of what we are capable of and we are super proud of it. It will definitely pose a risk, just because it’s an R rated Deadpool and most comic book movies aren’t, but we just think it’s a phenomenal opportunity and we’ve got a wonderful star in Ryan Reynolds and a wonderful director in Tim Miller and we’ve got some wonderful test footage that he did for it. The script is sitting there, we just want it.

Paul Wernick: We really tapped into the character. They say, “write what you know.” It’s ultimately a self hating….

Reese: (Laughs) Exactly. “An irreverent, vile lunatic.”

Have you talked to Mark Millar at all about it?

Reese: We’ve been in touch with Mark, because he’s come on as a consultant for Fox, so we are talking to him and we are….

Wernick: We are beating that drum. It’s the one project that we are so passionate to get made and we are doing everything we can. We have a few tricks up our sleeves still.

Reese: We are living a game of thrones, or trying to.

Wernick: You can find the script online actually. It leaked and there are downloads that you can read it yourself.

And you guys are fine with that, because you’re happy with it?

Wernick: As fine with that as we could be.

Reese: We really couldn’t be. I mean we didn’t have a choice. It leaked and we couldn’t do anything about it and for a minute we were appalled and then the reaction was great, so we were excited and now I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Wernick: Wait until you’ve seen Tim’s test. It’s brilliant.

Hope they can get this done. I actually dl'ed the script a couple days ago and read a few pages. It's pretty good.

Just saying, the Kelly run wasn't R-rated stuff. It was good.

But Deadpool being this ultra-violent gory character didn't get more prevalent until he became this cult favorite and they would just cut off his head for fun.

That was probably less creative decision and more just the style at the time. I mean now Marvel is a lot more relaxed in having more adult themes and imagery in some of their comics. Back then some of the Joe Kelly stuff was so adult and dark in tone that I'm sure if it was written today it'd probably be a bit more graphic too.

But I agree in essence, gratuitous violence and nudity does not equal 'mature'.

Every time I see this thread bumped, and there's no news, a small part of dies.

Someone tweet Tim Miller and tell him to show that test footage to the fans already!

If the test footage was has as good as ant mans then the buzz for this would re-ignight full force.

That was probably less creative decision and more just the style at the time. I mean now Marvel is a lot more relaxed in having more adult themes and imagery in some of their comics. Back then some of the Joe Kelly stuff was so adult and dark in tone that I'm sure if it was written today it'd probably be a bit more graphic too.

But I agree in essence, gratuitous violence and nudity does not equal 'mature'.
Basically I'm saying you could do Deadpool at the PG-13 level. The early Joe Kelly stories weren't like nonstop blood and gore and disturbing content.

I think a movie like Kick Ass nails the tone a Deadpool movie should have.

Basically I'm saying you could do Deadpool at the PG-13 level. The early Joe Kelly stories weren't like nonstop blood and gore and disturbing content.

They won't be able to pull off the Workshop scenes which they are using from Kelly's run with a pg-13. The subject matter of that scene alone should get it an R. I would think they would have to lighten that up alot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"