Deadpool DEADPOOL: User Review Thread (SPOILER FREE)

Is there a mid/post-credit scene (or both)?

How much NTW and Colossus is there? They're pretty much the reason I want to give it a shot.

They kind of bookend the movie. In the beginning their scenes aren't terribly long, but they are a big part of the final act.

Wow I very impressed with this. One of the most comic accurate movies I've seen. A lot of the jokes landed well with me and I usually don't laugh at comedies at all. This movie really feels like the little engine that could, it was fun had just enough heart, the action was pretty good, cgi holds up fine, and it felt very authentic to deadpool. It totally deserves a good sequel with more scope.

8.5/10

Last edited:
Watched it tonight and really enjoyed it.

I'm so out of the loop when it comes to superhero movies. I never watched any Captain America's, Thor's, Iron Man 3, Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy, etc. This was the first superhero movie in a long time that I went out of my way to see, which is somewhat surprising because I've never watched or read anything Deadpool related before in my life.

Movie was a ton of fun, action is great, Reynolds was awesome. A solid 8/10.

At the end, Deadpool is about to take his mask off to show Vanessa his face. When he does, he has a picture of Hugh Jackman stapled to his face!

Thanks. So I guess this is the first X-men movie he wasn't in, technically.

The dream wade has, cant remember the exact line,but it was something about liam neeson not loving his family for doing too many taken films haha

Deadpool is The exact opposite of the F4NTASTIC movie. Whereas the former had zero feeling, devoid of any excitement, the former is a full on passion project. From start to finish I could feel how much everybody was invested in making this the best movie possible.

Will do for Ryan Reynolds' career what the first Iron Man did for Robert Downey Jr.

The perfect superhero movie. Out-Marveled Marvel Studios' humour.

A love letter to Deadpool fans from start to end.

The upcoming Spider-Man should take note. DP showed how you can being witty and snarky can be a weapon.

Can't wait to watch this another 10+ times in theatres.

10/10 A Masterpiece. I've only given out two other perfect scores. Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Last edited:
The upcoming Spider-Man should take note. DP showed how you can being witty and snarky can be a weapon.

They should also note Reynolds was in full costume for at least half this movie too. Hate superhero flicks where the hero is constantly removing their mask. Spider-man is the most guilty of that.

I hope they at least take note of the use of DP's CGI eyes in this, it really helped sell the character and gave him more expression when in the suit. It added so much and have not seen it mentioned much elsewhere.

Last edited:
The dream wade has, cant remember the exact line,but it was something about liam neeson not loving his family for doing too many taken films haha

I loved that joke. I won't say the whole thing here as I don't want to spoil it but that is one of the jokes that has had me laughing still 2 days after seeing it.

It was as straight forward as you could get in terms of story:

Guy goes after bad guy-->Bad guy kidnaps guys girl-->Guy defeats bad guy and saves girl.

But it's the origin story peppered in-between and the humor of the character that makes the movie.

7.5/10 . I'm just hoping that the sequel has a much more engaging plot.

Just caught an early showing and really enjoyed it. Definitely a different movie than what we're used to seeing. 8/10

8.5/10. The plot was basic and Ajax was cookie-cutter, but this was one of the funniest movies ever. The movie got the most out of its unconventional centerpiece, and that goes a long way.

Awesome film. Seriously it's a Deadpool fans dream but a great action packed erotic rom/com horror film. It just defies convention.

Millers style reminds me of Edgar Wright with how dynamic and rhythmic it is. The opening sequence is just out of this world. Loved it.

I thought Ajax was a decent villain. He didn't have a motive and he was pretty one note. But I thought Ed Skrein brought something to the role. He looked invested into the role

Last edited:
People say the plot was too simple as a negative. I think it's refreshing these days. There is no complicated plot about the end of the world. This is revenge and love here. The stakes are personal and intimate.

It was more like:
He's a bad parent because his daughter keeps getting kidnapped.

I thought Ajax was a decent villain. He didn't have a motive and he was pretty one note. But I thought Ed Skrein brought something to the role. He looked invested into the role
I thought he was a good villain. Like you said...performance is the key.

Motivation? Meh...I don't think it matters. Darth Vader didn't have a motive and he was awesome. When Lucas finally gave him a motive in the Prequels it made the character worse. The shark in Jaws didn't have a motive (hunger? all sharks are hungry so that doesn't work), the Aliens in the Alien franchise don't have a motive. Hans Gruber pretended to have a noble motive in Die Hard but really just wanted to steal money...and he was great. Hannibal Lecter had no motive at all in Silence of the Lambs and he was great. What was the Wicked Witch's motive in Wizard of Oz?

I think he's just like Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Alex from A Clockwork Orange, and Amon Goeth from Schindler's List....just a psychopath. They just like to hurt people. That's never been a problem for great villains.

Last edited:
So I just got out of it, and I'll probably give it an 8/10. And while the movie was hysterical throughout, I thought the funniest part of the movie was the opening "credits". It really set the tone of the movie right off the bat. But overall, I loved it. This is definitely a movie I'm excited about getting on Blu Ray, cause I'm sure they'll pack it with a lot of funny extras within the menus and commentary.

Could have done with one more action scene, as it gets a bit slow during the end of the second act. But overall, I loved it. So funny and really enjoyed the relationship between Wade and Vanessa. One of my favorite comic book couples. Colossus and Negasonic need to return for the sequel.

10/10

There was a point where I was trying to stop laughing just so I could keep up with what was going on.

Could have done with one more action scene, as it gets a bit slow during the end of the second act. But overall, I loved it. So funny and really enjoyed the relationship between Wade and Vanessa. One of my favorite comic book couples. Colossus and Negasonic need to return for the sequel.

If you think about it, the film only has three actual action set-pieces. But that's what you have to do to make do with a $58 million budget to get the film done with an R-rating.

Honestly the flaws that this movie does have just completely disappeared. I loved every second of it and I have not seen an audience laugh this much before. If you haven't seen this already, go watch it!

I think I may have loved it even more the second time than the first, was a bigger and better crowd which helped but there is just so much to this movie to like, it has a bit of everything done well but mixed together in unique and quirky way. Will go down as one of all time favourite origin stories. I though maybe hype got the better of me the first time but nope this is my jam. 9.2/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"