Playstation Death Stranding: A Kojima Productions Joint

So is it true that this is going to be an action-adventure game akin to uncharted? I remember reading that from kojima. A lot of people are saying this might be a horror game or a mix of action/ horror.

All Kojima said that people who like action games will like Death Stranding. That's it. Everything else people have just inferred on their own.

Ok cool thanks for clearing that up. What ever it ends up being its going to be great.

To see a world in a grain of sand
and a heaven in a wildflower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour.
-William Blake

Was this in the trailer?

Yeah one of the first few frames.

I must've missed it. Was it in the trailer at the Sony conference or is there an extended one?

I must've missed it. Was it in the trailer at the Sony conference or is there an extended one?

The poem was the very first thing to start the trailer. Was in the trailer at the conference.

Here's what I was talking about.

About the new title

“It’s an amazing game. Along with the plot, characters, and game system, I’m brainstorming everything equally. Some parts are very new, so I’ll need to experiment with it.”

“I won’t say that it’s an open-world title, but those that enjoy playing today’s AAA titles such as The Division and Uncharted will be able to play it smoothly. When it gets announced some may thing that it’s not as way-out as they had expected, but I’m sure they’ll understand once they play it. The genre is action.”

So Tron was right.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/1...ns-aaa-titles-will-enjoy/#VIWr0I9pU4TIkzjM.99

So excited to see a new mythology from Kojima.

Yeah i enjoy it when Kojima tackles the supernatural in his games, like Psycho Mantis in MGS, and adapting it to a real world setting like in MGS.

Now we can supernatural weird **** without nanomachines! :awesome:

BTDubs, I am obsessed with this song.

I am dead certain that they're the same person.

13415532_1225834937440381_992008594743923216_o.jpg

The handcuffs and umbilical cord I understand. Pretty literal connections. But crabs, whales, and dolphins as connections? Connections to nature, I guess?

I remember how Language was a pretty strong theme in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, in fact a majority of the whole story was based upon Language.

The handcuffs and umbilical cord I understand. Pretty literal connections. But crabs, whales, and dolphins as connections? Connections to nature, I guess?

The way people are explain it on other sites is that the trailer was a metaphor of his dance with Konami.

The floating godlike figure are the Executives at Konami. The naked Norman Redus in the broken handcuffs is Kojima cast out from Konami free from being handcuffed by Konami. The baby on the umbilical cord is Metal Gear Solid. It disappearing and leaving hand prints is the ghost of the game going on with out him. All the dead sea creatures and there dead babies are all the failed Japanese designers and there aborted games.

Now watch the trailer with that in mind and listen to the lyrics in the music closely.
DEATH STRANDING TRAILER PS4 KOJIMA GAME
[YT]k0ladBsb7rg[/YT]

Last edited:
I didn't realize it, but the name of the song is "I'll Keep Coming" .. which was the tagline used on the poster.

I definitely think there's heavy symbolism about his time with Konmai and afterward, but I wonder if there's a game you can build around that, or if this trailer is not related to the final product at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"