Decency On the Hype

I think the best answer is to monitor your 11 year old nephew's internet use, know what sites he's visiting, approve or disapprove them and enforce that decision.

A site can have standards, but there's no way they those standards can line up with the standards of thousands of users from all over the world.

The only possible answer is...parenting.
I know, that's a pretty tough job, but, no one is forced to have a child.
( I hope! :eek: )

I would agree with this assessment. Sadly however, it is far from reality...as Britney Spear's mom continues to prove. :rolleyes:

Ha, I remember when they first censored LeSoft but then people weren't able to say the allspark. Hahahaha
Hahahaha,

keycop.jpg

I think we should expose kids to all things indecent. They must learn the harsh reality of life at a young age.

I heard she was planning her release tour when she found out her daughter was pregnant :dry:
Looks like she's too busy being manager (is she??) and friend to her kids that she forgot to be their parent.

I heard she was planning her release tour when she found out her daughter was pregnant :dry:

You say laughter and I say lawfter,
You say after and I say awfter;
Laughter, lawfter, after, awfter,
Let's call the whole thing off!
You like vanilla and I like vanella,
You, sa's'parilla and I sa's'parella;
Vanilla, vanella, Choc'late, strawb'ry!
Let's call the whole thing off!

I believe that it's nobodies job on this site, including the Mods and the Owner, to parent other peoples kids. Same thing with real life. Hillery's "It takes a villiage" idea is pure crap. If I'm going to be held responsible to raise another persons child, then the real parent should except my parenting morals. I feel it's ok for a kid to watch R rated movies. If you don't like it, don't hold me responsible to raise your kid by proxy.

Lets just say the Hype is on a downgrade ramp in every aspect...

I say add a new kind of "tag" where anything above PG-13 goes in there with a discription of what's in it. That way we can decide what we look at.

Wasn't her mom going to write a book about parenting? *shudders*

On the news a day or two ago, they mentioned that the publishers of her book pulled out of the deal...since she apparently is a ****ty mother lol.

As for thread topic, I picked rating system to keep the youngens from seeing it. It would never work because they can always lie about their age when making a username but I can always dream.

Just get sick of things having to be watered down for the kiddies sometimes.

I don't get where people see a problem. Could someone give me examples. All I can see are people with avys of clevage and side boob. Hardly anything a pre-teen can't handle.

I believe that it's nobodies job on this site, including the Mods and the Owner, to parent other peoples kids. Same thing with real life. Hillery's "It takes a villiage" idea is pure crap. If I'm going to be held responsible to raise another persons child, then the real parent should except my parenting morals. I feel it's ok for a kid to watch R rated movies. If you don't like it, don't hold me responsible to raise your kid by proxy.
Beautiful. :( ( except for the misspellings )

It doesn't take a village to raise a child.
It takes one or more good parents to raise a kid capable of navigating and surviving "The Village". :o

Hardly anything a pre-teen can't handle.

I think most people get wound up with "shouldn't" more than "can't." As a species, we're rapidly becoming more obscene and fascistic at the same time.

And those aren't the best of bed buddies.

Things should stay they are.I would think there should be a disclaimer for anyone under 15.

Agree some kind of disclaimer isn't a bad idea.

The reality is, no web site, television channel, radio station, video game manufacturer or musician OWES any parent a clean, sterile, safe environment for their kids to play in. It is the responsibility of the parent to investigate and monitor the things their kids are being exposed to and decide whether they want them involved with those things or not. If you think a place is inappropriate for kids to be at then DON'T LET YOUR KIDS HAVE ACCESS TO IT! Demanding that anything censor and change itself to suit what you believe your kids' level of naivety should be is WRONG and horribly draconian.

jag

:word: :applaud :bow: :up:

I don't get where people see a problem. Could someone give me examples. All I can see are people with avys of clevage and side boob. Hardly anything a pre-teen can't handle.

it's not necessarily about what they can handle per se

i mean, i'm a 22 yr old female. i don't care to see half naked women and stuff like that, BUT, I do recognize this is a male dominated forum and things like that will be apparent and abundant lol

so I just go with the flow.

I think the best answer is to monitor your 11 year old nephew's internet use, know what sites he's visiting, approve or disapprove them and enforce that decision.

A site can have standards, but there's no way they those standards can line up with the standards of thousands of users from all over the world.

The only possible answer is...parenting.
I know, that's a pretty tough job, but, no one is forced to have a child.
( I hope! :eek: )

That's what I said. Biter. :cmad:

It doesn't take a village to raise a child.
It takes one or more good parents to raise a kid capable of navigating and surviving "The Village". :o

As long as there are no more cliche twist endings and if the damn director would quit with the horrible cameos, then I think survivability would be highly possible.

I believe in the practice of "equal responsibility"; that is, the viewer and the site should be held equally accountable for the content and conduct of the site. When dealing with younger children (say, 16 or under), then I strongly believe the responsibility should be divided by three, adding the parents to the equation. Kids get into trouble for two primary reasons, above all others: it's easy, and no one is there to stop them.

I believe in the practice of "equal responsibility"; that is, the viewer and the site should be held equally accountable for the content and conduct of the site. When dealing with younger children (say, 16 or under), then I strongly believe the responsibility should be divided by three, adding the parents to the equation. Kids get into trouble for two primary reasons, above all others: it's easy, and no one is there to stop them.

Just how can we add parents to the equation on an Internet forum :huh:?

Do we call them up or something?

No, what I was suggesting was that the parents need to pay more attention to the Internet habits of their kids. In this way, they could monitor what's seen, or even place a password-protected filter on the computer (with a code the kid wouldn't likely guess). Society at large clearly has little interest in protecting children from most online dangers, and many kids don't know or care enough to handle the situation themselves, so it becomes the responsibility of both webmasters and parents.

It's solely the parent's responsibility. The webmaster isn't going to come to the parent's house and install an internet filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"