Dexter - Part 6

I just finished episode 6. Definitely moved several plots forward and was pretty good overall.

Just pure speculation on my part, but regarding Hannah....

From the start of the season it has been said Hannah died of cancer, but unless I've missed something Dexter has never bothered confirming this. Harrison's reactions during therapy has reinforced my suspicion that Harrison may be resposible. Harrison's first kill?

This was another great episode IMO and now I'm even more interested in seeing how this season ends and what the ultimate fate of Harrison will be given the direction it looks like they are going in.

I really loved the tension between Dexter and Kurt in this episode too and man has Clancy Brown never been more intense, despicable and creepy in a role in a very long time.

That's why he is easily one of my favorite character actors of all-time.

So this is intended to be a true series finale, by all accounts I’ve read. I have to wonder knowing the cast list and that this is building to an ending that will “blow up on the internet”:

Will Harrison be the one “sent by God” to kill Dexter, guided by his Vision/Dark Passenger of Trinity? I know that plays very loosely with the rules of the show, but that would be a closed loop on Trinity’s final words to Dexter

Trinity should not be Harrison’s “Dark Passenger”, or the person he talks to in his head. Harrison was like 8 months old when Trinity killed Rita. He’s never interacted or spoke with Trinity. Just doesn’t make sense. Dexter has had visions of his father, sister, and brother — all people he interacted with and spoke with extensively.

So this is intended to be a true series finale, by all accounts I’ve read. I have to wonder knowing the cast list and that this is building to an ending that will “blow up on the internet”:

Will Harrison be the one “sent by God” to kill Dexter, guided by his Vision/Dark Passenger of Trinity? I know that plays very loosely with the rules of the show, but that would be a closed loop on Trinity’s final words to Dexter
I hope that if this season goes well they would continue it.... :(

I hope that if this season goes well they would continue it.... :(

What they've been doing so far has been great, but we've seen what happens when you get too much Dexter... If this is supposed to be just one season, it should end here. Don't get me wrong, I would love another season(s), but only if they already planned it.

Finally watched the recent episode. Rookie mistake on Harrison's part. I konw that teens want to get their rocks off, but Angela is the flippin' chief of police! You bust and bail! That said, I did like how Angela wasted literally no time at all taking Harrison home and, as Deb pointed out, there was no awkward conversation.

At the same time, yeah, that public display of Harrison's dark passenger coming out probably won't make him any more popular.

Damn the most recent episode

Dexter making hella mistakes, he knew the guy had an accident and surgery. When he was cutting him up did he not cut through the titanium at any point? He was in a rush to burn the body though. Then his lie about hearing Molly and Kurt talking along with his reason for following was flimsy. He has been out of the game for awhile but seems like he should know a murder obsessed podcast host would get creep vibes from a lot of situations.

Dexter making hella mistakes, he knew the guy had an accident and surgery. When he was cutting him up did he not cut through the titanium at any point? He was in a rush to burn the body though. Then his lie about hearing Molly and Kurt talking along with his reason for following was flimsy. He has been out of the game for awhile but seems like he should know a murder obsessed podcast host would get creep vibes from a lot of situations.
He hasn't had to be this careful for a while. :p

Yeah even though I liked the episode, I feel like Dexter would know this.

Also Molly figuring things out kind of had me :whatever: That's a bit too easy.

Dexter's so used to being a step ahead that he's definitely not used to someone one-upping or being a step ahead of him, like Trinity getting to Rita. By the way, even if brief, it was nice to see John Lithgow again.

I did like the opening scene of Dexter assessing what happened to Iris. It's always cool to see him back in his analytical mode. At least there he hasn't lost a beat, even though you'd think he would know about the screw.

What I'm confused about is...did Kurt have someone get the remains in order to find the screw? I'm more trying to get how he came into possession of it, unless I missed it in the dialogue.

Tonights episode is ****ing great. I was on the fence on whether or not this season was worth it... necessary... whatever.... this episode fixed that.

Dexter's so used to being a step ahead that he's definitely not used to someone one-upping or being a step ahead of him, like Trinity getting to Rita. By the way, even if brief, it was nice to see John Lithgow again.

I did like the opening scene of Dexter assessing what happened to Iris. It's always cool to see him back in his analytical mode. At least there he hasn't lost a beat, even though you'd think he would know about the screw.

What I'm confused about is...did Kurt have someone get the remains in order to find the screw? I'm more trying to get how he came into possession of it, unless I missed it in the dialogue.
I assume Kurt knew where the body was cremated from the floating ash, and dug around the ashes until he found the hardware.

This episode was very good. The tension is putting me on the edge of my seat!

This episode was very good. The tension is putting me on the edge of my seat!
Loved the episode, but damn

He is going to get taken down due to drug dealers. The needle mark, getting caught in multiple lies, the main drug distributor dying hours after Dexter was released from custody. I don't know how he gets away from this unless Kurt getting exposed draws attention and he can slip away with Harrison.

Loved the episode, but damn

He is going to get taken down due to drug dealers. The needle mark, getting caught in multiple lies, the main drug distributor dying hours after Dexter was released from custody. I don't know how he gets away from this unless Kurt getting exposed draws attention and he can slip away with Harrison.

Maybe
Angela will let Dexter get away with it if he takes down Kurt. She might have some doubts about the system not working since Kurt was killing girls for years, but Dexter is "fixing" it.

But I guess it also depends on if they want to do another season. If this is the end, Dexter will probably get killed or end up in jail. If the show does get a second season, I can imagine it being about Dexter teaching Harrison the code while they're on the run.

Maybe
Angela will let Dexter get away with it if he takes down Kurt. She might have some doubts about the system not working since Kurt was killing girls for years, but Dexter is "fixing" it.

But I guess it also depends on if they want to do another season. If this is the end, Dexter will probably get killed or end up in jail. If the show does get a second season, I can imagine it being about Dexter teaching Harrison the code while they're on the run.

If this is one and done then Dexter getting locked up if they do another 9ne it will be him teaching Harrison i hope we get another season Clancy once again dam i thought Harrison was done

Man, I really don't want this to end. Even though this was kind of a filler episode, it was still nice and intense up until the end. However...

The way Dexter is going to get taken down is kind of silly. Angela Googling Ketamine Miami homicide? Doesn't make sense. The Bay Harbor Butcher (Dex) used M99 for pretty much all of his murders in Miami, not ketamine. Two completely different sedatives. Also, in the Dexter universe, I don't think it was ever discovered or made public that the BHB used a sedative on all of his victims. Gonna have to see how things plays out, but right now seems like a writing mistake or plot hole.

Holy ****, just watched Episode 9 (tonight's episode) and it was sooooo good. Such intensity, I was on the edge of my seat for the entire time. Hard to believe we only have one episode left, I'm sad yet excited at the same time. And I'm still going back on forth on whether I'd rather this be a one and done or continue on. I feel like it'd be amazing to see more, but Showtime already ran Dexter into the ground once and could definitely repeat the same mistake.

After so many episodes, it felt so good for Dexter to finally come completely clean about everything with Harrison. Although I can't tell just how much Harrison agrees with his methods.. Sad to see both Molly and Kurt go, but Clancy Brown was yet another amazing antagonist for a show that's had so many. Can't wait to see the fallout next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"