Dexter - Part 6

I remember we were saying that the final season and ending of Game of Thrones was completely rushed and out of character for a bunch of the protagonists. Well, hold this guy's beer.
tumblr_lz3drqpZaq1rp79qco1_500.gifv

I thought the ending was right.
Dexter would not want the court process to drag out. His only way was to get out or die, Angela probably would have exposed him and he could not hide. I really wanted more of Dexter but it just was not possible. I wanted Batista and him to interact it would have been cool.

Not sure if they do spin off with Harrison, would Dexter become his Dark Passenger voice? That would get me to watch. If not I don't know if Harrison is enough, this was a better season/series finale than last time.

People are wayyyyyyy overreacting about the ending. Even if there were a couple iffy moments, anybody who says that this was somehow worse than the original Season 8 finale are kidding themselves, this absolutely redeemed the original non-ending for me.

I can't believe we've seen the last of Dexter Morgan, so sad to say goodbye to such a good character.

Michael C. Hall absolutely killed it reprising the role after so many years.

I wouldn't say it's worse than the season 8 ending, but somehow it's equally bad for different reasons.

Eh, this ending kinda felt right to me, tbh. And I was not hot on this season at all except in the early episodes. But the ending brought me back around to liking it. Not one of their best seasons or anything, but they’ve certainly had worse ones to go out on.

So, The finale is online?
I am watching The New Blood Marathon.
I will see the finale in real time, via the West Coast Feed.
I should be done by 7pm.
I am looking forward to seeing what they did.

It's not about the plot development itself for me. Do people really have a problem with that? I thought the we wanted to get away from the horrible happy ending of season 8. It was obvious since before the season started that it would probably end like that and it's one of the very few conclusions that make sense.

The problem was the road to get there. It was a terrible execution, very reminiscent to the Game of Thrones finale and two certain characters. They rushed everything and completely threw away character development for the three protagonists in just five minutes.

Last edited:
Not sure if they do spin off with Harrison, would Dexter become his Dark Passenger voice? That would get me to watch. If not I don't know if Harrison is enough, this was a better season/series finale than last time.

I don't think Harrison knew Dexter well enough for a spin off to work. Sure they could do it, but it wouldn't really be Dexter. They only spent a couple of weeks, maybe 2 or 3 months together. He never showed his true self to Harrison, until the very end. (Unless they just ignore that fact)

I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending, but I guess it’s better than the previous one we got. I think I wanted something "bigger."

Edit. The more I'm reading other people's comments, the less I'm liking the finale.
Dexter wouldn't be that sloppy killing Logan... "kill me son, so you can be normal" :dry:... Also the m99/ketamine mixup really bothers me.

Last edited:
Edit. The more I'm reading other people's comments, the less I'm liking the finale.
Dexter wouldn't be that sloppy killing Logan... "kill me son, so you can be normal" :dry:... Also the m99/ketamine mixup really bothers me.
Logan dying was something he didn't plan so yes it was going to be sloppy. Anytime an innocent dies from Dexter it seems sloppy, Miami Metro was just incompetent for the most part. When Logan reached for his gun he couldn't get choked out think the fighting back impacted the twist. If he went for keys he could have still went for gun after though. I didn't like that the needle mark did him in.

I’m really mixed about the ending. Kind of felt like a cop out. Not as much of a cop out as the season 8 ending but, still.

They really rushed the episode IMO. Dexter’s capture didn’t feel well earned. Angela came up with a lot of circumstantial evidence and fumbled her way to the right conclusion. Looking back at the series, it should have been either Doakes or Lundy to bring Dexter down. Since both are dead, it should have been Batista. I’m glad he knows Dexter is alive and was bringing the case file to Angela but now it seems moot. The only satisfying ending to me would have been Dexter going to jail and getting the death penalty. I also would have loved to see everyone’s reaction to him being the BHB. They should have done one last episode showing the media attention, everyone’s reactions, and Dexter getting the lethal injection.

The finale wasn't my favorite episode of the season, but I was mostly satisfied with it because it honestly felt like the right and most logical ending for the character although I kind of wish this episode was longer.

I was really hoping a certain legacy character was going to become more involved because I wanted to see how they would interact after all these years, and I was a bit let down when that didn't happen.

I will say though that I definitely felt some genuine emotion towards the end of the episode too. Overall, I quite loved this season and I'm glad the Dexter character was finally able to find peace.

Dexter would not want the court process to drag out. His only way was to get out or die, Angela probably would have exposed him and he could not hide. I really wanted more of Dexter but it just was not possible. I wanted Batista and him to interact it would have been cool.

Yeah, I thought it was done decently enough. :) Better than the last finale.

In the end, they had two choices.
1. What They Did.
2. drag it out.
Dexter is exposed tonight with a trial/media circus next season.
I think that they made the right choice.

Nothing on thst rich oil guy so why even put that in smh

Need to know the details of Michael Halls coming back did he say he was only doing one season and thats thst ?
If that is case then ending was appropriate but I wanted it to continue better than what we got in s8 atleast

Nothing on thst rich oil guy so why even put that in smh

Need to know the details of Michael Halls coming back did he say he was only doing one season and thats thst ?
If that is case then ending was appropriate but I wanted it to continue better than what we got in s8 atleast
I heard that the oil guy had a larger role, but,COVID19 forced some changes

Ok just peaking in here and so relieved to see people not overreacting like I'm seeing on the Dexter Reddit lol...getting so tired of fandom meltdowns.

Yeah, I agree, I think what we have here is an ending that overall feels like it checks enough boxes and I don't disagree with it. Was it rushed to get there? Absolutely. Everything in this season felt rushed IMO, I'm wondering if they had a 12 episode arc that that Showtime made them cut down to 10 or something. And even then...a lot happens. My thing with this show is...while it has its great moments, it also had a LOT of wonky writing throughout. So I don't see it as this huge shark jumping moment that people are trying to make it out to be. I was entertained. Michael was still a pleasure to watch in the role.

While they could always continue it, I hope they don't, this felt fine as some additional closure on the series. I don't regret watching it.

While I liked Clancy Brown, he was definitely no Ice Truck Killer or Trinity. Definitely better than the brain surgeon though.

One thing I really liked is that they showed Dexter doesn’t kill out of some moral superiority

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"