Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine just gave me all of season 2 and I watched it the other day in 1 sitting. To say I enjoyed it is an understatement.

I'm practically salivating at the prospect of Season 3.

:up: i watched both seasons back to back (over a 3 day period) and its amazing. its really like a two part movie. Michael C Hall is an amazing actor and deserves more recognition.

Definately.

MCH's Dexter is truly enthralling to watch. When you actually think that he's made a psychopathic killer likeable and someone to actually root for - his achievement becomes even more remarkable.

Definately.

MCH's Dexter is truly enthralling to watch. When you actually think that he's made a psychopathic killer likeable and someone to actually root for - his achievement becomes even more remarkable.

whats scary is i dont even see michael c hall anymore, when i see MCH i think dexter is actually out there killing people :)

season 1 was us getting to know and like dexter...season 2 was showing his emotions and showing us that he is actually a monster, giving us a reality check...but at the same kept kept us rooting for him....its unreal.

i cant even fathom what season 3 could be about or how it can top the first 2 seasons...but heres to hoping:word:

Conservative Parents' Group Wants CBS to Kill Dexter

Michael C. Hall as Dexter by Randy Tepper/ ShowtimeParents Television Council, a non-partisan nonprofit group, has formally asked CBS to kill its plans to air Dexter.

In a press release, PTC describes the series as a "graphically violent show about a hero who is a serial killer." The series, which is in its second season on Showtime, is set to air on CBS starting Feb. 17. PTC, which was launched in 1995 by conservative activist L. Brent Bozell III, has previously campaigned against shows including Nip/Tuck and for shows like Joan of Arcadia.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-e...ews/Conservative-Parents-Television/800032129

Hey Cory!

Thanks for the invite. Do you happen to know when season 3 is going to start?

;-)

Hi Cory,

I heard that exact rumor.

Thanks for the invite. I have some reading to do.

Later,
Maria

:word:

yes i know its incredibly early for this....but rumors are already starting to go, and ill continue to post news and rumors here, cause i love the show :)

rumor has it the 3rd season will be based loosely on book 2, Dearly Devoted Dexter.

this is a word of mouth rumor so dont hold me to it or ask where i heard it cause no one on here knows them.

Dexter returns September 28.

Michael C. Hall as Dexter by Randy Tepper/ ShowtimeParents Television Council, a non-partisan nonprofit group, has formally asked CBS to kill its plans to air Dexter.

In a press release, PTC describes the series as a "graphically violent show about a hero who is a serial killer." The series, which is in its second season on Showtime, is set to air on CBS starting Feb. 17. PTC, which was launched in 1995 by conservative activist L. Brent Bozell III, has previously campaigned against shows including Nip/Tuck and for shows like Joan of Arcadia.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-e...ews/Conservative-Parents-Television/800032129

F**** conservatives. They have no idea. It's not about "a hero who is a serial killer".

these people have been after Nip/Tuck for such a long time. Now they are targeting Dexter? Why must they ruin my favorite shows!! :csad:

when I first heard about the show, I thought "oh it's about a serial killer, what's the big deal?" Then I discovered it's about a serial killer killing other serial killers. That was the hook that took me in. I love this show and never thought I would actually root for the killer. Plus, this is the first time I've seen Michael C. Hall. I heard about him in Six Feet Under but never watched him before. Hall is definitely one of my favorite actors now.

cause they have no lives.

yea i wasnt too enthused about a serial killer show...didnt think it was special...til i learned about the code, etc.

short article in Entertainment Weekly says only about 6 minutes of each show will be edited out...nearly none of the violence will be edited out...they said most of the editing will be language.

:up: good news!

Good news indeed. I read a similar article on TV Guide where they interviewed the actress who plays Rita (Julie Benz). She said they covered the language just in case the show got repurposed/someday went into syndication. It's cool that they are already protecting the integrity of the show so we won't see any ninja-movie-esque dubs ...

yea its gonna be great...i wonder when season 2 comes out on dvd. i could prob download them and burn em on dvd, but i dunno how much the dvd disk are...i figure they cost jsut as much as buying it on dvd so might as well get the legit version

one weeks till the world becomes fans of a serial killer.

ah yes. this sunday its going down!

hope everyone enjoys it tonight.

I'll catch the show next week. Tonight is all about Knight Rider for me.

wow the language editing was awesome. the violence was the same tho :)

IMO Dexter without violence and language, just isnt dexter...but we will see, i hope people start watching this show more... once you watch the pilot, your hooked!

I was going to ask if it's very violent, but now I don't have to. :( I don't understand how violence is entertaining to some people. :dry:

its not really violent. the worst u really see is a body thats cut into pieces, and the pieces are like refridgerated. it just looks like packaged meat...but theres not really violence, i meant they didnt edit out any scenes, just language.

Okay ... :( I tivo'd it so I'll try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"