Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is why im so gungho on it...it hasnt gotten nearly the appreciation it deserves/

If this already has a thread, I couldn't find it.

A thread to discuss the Showtime and CBS (edited) show Dexter:

Dexter is an American television drama series based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay and adapted for television by Emmy Award-winning screenwriter James Manos, Jr.. The show premiered on the premium cable network Showtime on October 1, 2006 and ended its second season on 16 December 2007. The show has been renewed for a third season.

Set and produced in Miami, the series centers on Dexter Morgan, a serial killer who works for the Miami Metro Police Department as a blood pattern analyst.

The second season recently wrapped on Showtime. Any fans?

I guess it's hard to look all the way back to page 2 of the forum.

Thanks C.Lee. I did a forum search. They don't work too well.

Just think everyone watching it for the first time on CBS have just now noticed what they've been missing the past 2 years while thinking shows like "Lost" were the end all, be-all. Mercy...

Yeah, edited Dexter, though strange to me (being a fan of both seasons on Showtime) was great for all my friends who hadn't seen Dexter before.

Great idea Showtime. Great idea.

I believe it was around 8 million? :huh: Could be lower or higher but I remember that they were good numbers. If i'm not right, maybe Cory will know. :cwink:

im not sure how to read ratings...but it was something like 5.7/9 whatever that means:huh: :huh: :huh:

episode 2 about to start

I'll be watching it aswell as the Oscars. :up:

wow they didnt do the opening credits thingy :(

Doesn't really bother me, lol. Just glad I get my Sunday dose of Dexter. :up::up:

I just started watching this show (on CBS) and I am impressed :up: Dexter kind of gives me a Patrick Bateman vibe at times and I love that

just started as in tonight? or last sunday

give it a shot :up:

I did and you were right. It's good. :) I really didn't know anything about it expect what I'd read here.
I didn't realize he was a serial killer who killed bad guys.
He's so likable, it's an interesting dichotomy. Thanks for convincing me to give it a try. To be honest, it probably helps that I'm watching toned down versions.

The tone down versions aren't that bad for CBS I have to admit. As much as I like Dexter and how it is on Showtime, it's just as fine the way CBS is showing it.

yea i agree iron...

and casey, yea its wierd rooting for a serial killers...the inner monster in us all supports him :twisted:

I'm used to watching this unedited, (and that's how it should be) but I think it's funny they brought it to CBS and only edited the language. To me, violence is much worse than the language, so it doesn't make sense not to cut out some of the gore if they have to cut out some of the swearing.

I sadly don't get Showtime where I live and watch it over at my mom's whenever I'm over there, but I can't wait for season 2 to come to DVD.

So is CBS going to also show Season 2? Or is this just a test drive?

So is CBS going to also show Season 2? Or is this just a test drive?

i think its a test drive for now. its funny the writers strike ended right around its premier on cbs and cbs was airing it bc of the strike.

but im sure they will do season 2 on cbs...season one is doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"