Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how was the editing of it overall? I watched Season 1 on Showtime, so I'm curious.

it was great. the actors/actresses did their own dubs, and flows good. most of the time i couldnt tell it was dubbed, cept for one line of doakes'. its early to tell about the sexual stuff and the gore. but so far in episode 1 the only difference was language.

LMAO! so, seeing Dexter on CBS without having seen it uncut (DVD or Showtime or whatever) I can tell works. But being a HUGE fan of Dexter, both seasons getting progessively better, I must say...

Watching Doakes and Deb is HILARIOUS! Holy crap. All the "freakin" and all that...oh man. Its great hearing their F-words cut.

But seriously, they did a great job getting this to CBS. I bet you this will make Dexter HUGE!

Season 1 of Dexter just finished on Showtime here in Aus. I was an instant fan, had never heard of it when I saw it was on and it seemed worth a watch. Glad I did. It has a fairly small following here, I was wearing a Dexter shirt the other night in a pub and there was some other bloke wearing the same shirt which was a bit weird.

Season 2 starts in a couple of day so I am hanging out for that.

I've always wanted to see Dexter and now I finally got my chance and I loved it. The dubbing for the cussing wasn't bad at all, though I busted out laughing when he called Dexter a "Mother lover."

It was great though, Dex is such a lovable guy and yet incredibly dark. I'm addicted to this show already.

So, I've never watched a full episode of Dexter before, until last night. I dont have Showtime, but I've wanted to get the DVDs and just have never found the time to buy it.
Anyway, I loved it. Michael C. Hall just has such a soulless voice and way about himself when he is narrating or alone, and then tries perfectly to be a normal guy when around others. I'm down for more episodes. Hell, I might just go out right now and get the DVD today.

ahh yes, just the reactions i was expecting... i hope dexter really blasts off now.

Really, the show isn't gory at all.

I prefer it MA, though.

IMPO, its more disturbing than gory. i say gore in the sense that there is chopped up bodies, and he there are murders.

I dont know how gory/disturbing the Showtime version is, but the CBS version doesnt seem all that different from CSI, in my opinion.

yea some people think of gore in diff ways. to me, a gory movie is like saw or hostel...dexter has blood, and some disturbing scenarios, but other then that...

im very impressed about the language editing though, smart move having the original cast come in for their own dubs

I loved watching the first episode again, i'll continue to rewatch each episode. :up:

yea i have the dvds, but seeing it on tv again, knowing its new to a ton of people, made it that much better. i really hope this takes off. it has such potential.

well last night confirmed it after the season 1 premier on CBS, dexter returns this fall... apparently the writers strike had no effect....

still 99% sure its sept 28.

Is anyone going to watch it on CBS? I'll check it out a few times maybe, if nothing else just to see how the **** they edited it down for network standards.

I agree, I hope alot of viewers catch on to it.

alot of people watched it on cbs.

the editing so far has been dubbed over language, and dubbed over very well.

it feels weird watching this show on tv (I don't get Showtime). I'm used to watching it on dvd. lol

indeed, it feels so long since we started our dexter journey to see it again..."new"

I'm a Dexter fan, but Cory I think you're the ultimate one lol.

damn right. its by far the best show ive ever seen. theres really nothing that compares to it...other then southpark :)

but seriously...dexter is the type of quality so many people have been waiting for.

I agree, it's quality at it's best. Never have I enjoyed a show so much, it's just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"