The Dark Knight Rises Discussing the Third Movie and 3D

Batman137

Why do we fall?
Reaction score
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/18/all-warner-bros-tentpole-movies-will-be-released-in-3d/

Warner Bros will be releasing five movies in 3D in 2010 and nine movies in 2011. Alan Horn announced at ShoWest that all the studios tentpole movies, superhero films, and big special effects releases, will be distributed in 3D. He called it the new standard for the company. And yes, he was clear to say all of the future DC Comic Books films while making the statement. That means that the new Superman and third Batman will be released in 3D.

This Is DUMB.

Probably the same proprietary 3D conversion they use for a lot of 2D movies. Doesn't mean it'll be shot in 3D.

3D is somewhat wasted on people like me, who have only one functional eye. I'll hold out for smellovision. I want to experience Selina Kyle's heady mix of leather, sweat and perfume.

Excuse me.

That's interesting, because I only have one working nostril.

So I guess if they did both, we'd have to go together so we could tell eachother what it's like.

Of course, we'd probably piss of the guy with one working ear, who we'd be right next to on his good side.

Yes!!!

Honestly, the only people who ***** about 3D are the ones who can't afford an Imax ticket.

Watch the 2D version and get over yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please not. I don't care what most of you think, but 3D is still a very silly gimmick. While it may look astounding, like some scenes in avatar, it adds nothing to the substance of the movie, like...well...avatar.

and I simply don't think it suits the Nolan style

Regweg wasn't *****ing about it, I wasn't refering to him. I was talking about the people who cry and moan about 3D films as if it makes a negative difference

Honestly, the only people who ***** about 3D are the ones who can't afford an Imax ticket.

Watch the 2D version and get over yourself.

or maybe some people have vision problems and can't see it in 3D

At least we won't have to see Maggie's mug flying towards us.

*thank ya jesus*

I doubt that you won't be able to see it in regular 2D, though.

Please not. I don't care what most of you think, but 3D is still a very silly gimmick. While it may look astounding, like some scenes in avatar, it adds nothing to the substance of the movie, like...well...avatar.

and I simply don't think it suits the Nolan style

Again, doing a digital 3D conversion like In-Three's Dimensionalization or what have you doesn't mean the actual film is shot in 3D or affects the production. They could do it right now to TDK and BB, and it won't change the way the film was actually made.

Yay

Again, doing a digital 3D conversion like In-Three's Dimensionalization or what have you doesn't mean the actual film is shot in 3D or affects the production.

I think it most probably will... Wb is a big studio, they have the big guns to do it

Great another movie where I have to put glasses, on my glasses. Well, just like most movies this year, I can wait for dvd.

I think it most probably will... Wb is a big studio, they have the big guns to do it

Well, if Nolan doesn't want to 'tailor' his production/shooting to 3D, he won't.....and if there's an issue there, then he may walk.

Look at it from WB's perspective as well...they can make more money with higher-priced tickets for 3D screenings, but still spend the same on regular 2D production.

If they are filming it in 3D, cool. If not, then this is bad news. I want to see an imax version without having to wear the glasses for a lame tacked on 3D experience.

Last movie I saw in a theatre in 3D? Jaws 3. In 1983 it was goofy.

I'm sorry but I'm not putting on no silly 3D glasses in no movie theatre...even for Batman. Batman is an action series, but it's heavy in drama. They can't be serious.

has it occured to them that clash of the titans may flop like a decapitated gorgon? like they seem way way confidident that its just going to reap hella cash

has it occured to them that clash of the titans may flop like a decapitated gorgon? like they seem way way confidident that its just going to reap hella cash
The fact Avatar made $2 billlion dollars is the only thing they care about. Clash can fail, Batman would have more reason for success. Plus that extra $3 bucks is really appealing.

If they are filming it in 3D, cool. If not, then this is bad news. I want to see an imax version without having to wear the glasses for a lame tacked on 3D experience.

Doubtful they'll film in 3D, as it would have to be filmed digitally, which I believe Nolan has expressed an aversion to.

fuuuuuuc.jpg

If it's filmed in 3D then I have no problems with it and I'll see it in 3D. If they film it in 2D and then convert it to 3D, I'll just go to a 2D theatre and watch it...so either way it's good.

No reason to get all worked up over it...

This sounds like terrible news to be honest, but I have never even seen a movie in 3D, so I guess I shouldn't be too critical.

This obviously sounds like a move to maximize revenue from the movie, they are just modeling the success of Avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"