Discussion: Gay Rights II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westboro protested the Trade Center site because of 'America's acceptance of homosexuals'. Just as they protest soldier's funerals. Just as they said that New Orleans' 'acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle' caused them to be nearly destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

What utter nonsense. Do these people seriously believe that tripe? That is not only offensive to anyone who's LGBT, it's offensive to anyone with any common sense as well. To say nothing of being monstrously offensive to anyone who lost friends or family in those tragedies.

I don't think it's humanly possible for the WBC to sink any lower at this point.

Last edited:
What utter nonsense. Do these people seriously believe that tripe? That is not only offensive to anyone who's LGBT, it's offensive to anyone with any common sense as well. To say nothing of being monstrously offensive to anyone who lost friends or family in those tragedies.

I don't think it's humanly possible for the WBC to sink any lower at this point.

Which is why they are such a hated group and have essentially zero credibility with the public and public opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually pushed a good number of people on the fence about the issues away from their side. Which is fine by me. Anytime a bunch of hatemongers push people away from their cause by opening their mouths, I'm a happy guy.

Good point wiegabo. I suppose there is a silver lining of sorts there.

According to the AP, the Hawaiian State House of Representatives approved a bill that would allow same-sex civil unions. (The State Senate passed their version in January.) The measure now goes to the Hawaiian Governor (who is a Republican) for approval.

The fact that their stuck with a Republican governor doesn't give me much hope but fingers crossed that the bill will pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"