Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I've not had internet or a valid news source in a little bit, did anything interesting pertaining to LGBT issues happen in the past 2 weeks?

This has relevance here as well:

Romney Thanks Anti-Gay Hate Group ‘For Their Leadership’
2012-Values-Voter-Summit2.jpg

Mitt Romney Friday addressed the Values Voters Summit and thanked Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council “for their leadership.” The Family Research Council is an anti-gay hate group as certified by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and headed by Perkins. Although invited, Romney declined to attend the Values Voters Summit, a conservative conference sponsored by FRC and the American Family Association, also an anti-gay hate group. Friday, in an unscheduled and surprise move, Romney addressed the annual conference via this pre-recorded video. Paul Ryan, Romney’s running mate, attended and spoke at the Values Voters Summit Friday morning.

Shockingly, Romney adopted Rick Santorum‘s and Focus on the Family‘s ridiculous claim that if someone gets married, they automagically pull their children out of poverty.

This move is significant merely because Romney has now drawn a line in the sand and made clearer than ever before that he supports hate — he’s actually now thanked them for it.

The Values Voters Summit is, in fact, a hate group conference. Hosted by the lobbying arm of the anti-gay group, the Family Research Council’s FRCAction, and sponsored by another anti-gay hate group, the American Family Association, along with anti-gay organizations like Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University, and Gary Bauer’s American Values, The Heritage Foundation, and Mat Staver’s Liberty Counsel, the Values Voters Summit is truly the nexus of anti-gay, anti-women, anti-Islam, anti-Black hate.

Well, being that I'm a biracial mixture of white, Egyptian, African American and Cuban I guess Mitt Romney is endorsing a group that hates every ounce of blood in my veins. How quaint. :dry:

You guys can watch the video yourselves here:

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...addresses-via-video/politics/2012/09/15/49036

This has relevance here as well:

Romney Thanks Anti-Gay Hate Group ‘For Their Leadership’
2012-Values-Voter-Summit2.jpg

Well, being that I'm a biracial mixture of white, Egyptian, African American and Cuban I guess Mitt Romney is endorsing a group that hates every ounce of blood in my veins. How quaint. :dry:

You guys can watch the video yourselves here:

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...addresses-via-video/politics/2012/09/15/49036
And in related news: Another GOP public relations representative has committed suicide.

"The Values Voters"

Thank God I don't share their truly corrupt and twisted sense of "values".

There is ONE God these people worship. And that is
100dollarbill.jpg

And in related news: Another GOP public relations representative has committed suicide.

We should start an "It Gets Better Campaign" for moderate Republicans. Those poor devils.

...nothing that comes out of Mitt Romney's mouth surprises me.

It's a shame this incident didn't get more attention when it happened. I only found out about it recently, but it apparently occurred last December. Romney basically tells a gay Vietnam veteran that if he's elected, he'll repeal his marriage (which is legal under NH law). This episode really illustrates why Rommey is the wrong man to lead America in the 21st century. It would be like if Goldwater went trolling for votes in the South by telling African-Americans he would repeal Civil Rights Act of 1964 if elected.

[YT]GRN9Y5Nvdqk[/YT]

This empty suit can't disappear into obscurity fast enough. Two months until he loses in a landslide.

It's like he's trying to throw the election.
I thought moderates and independents were the only undecideds left? Why's he pandering to the base? Oh right, cause that's what the party platform is? :dry:

I would actually be able to vote for a Republican if they only stuck to the fiscal conservative stuff and weren't such utter *****ebags socially!

Unfortunately, the social issues are the only way conservatives can get the poor and ignorant to vote against their short-term interests and support right-wing candidates.

Thank you for the great educating you folks do. If I hadn't read it here I wouldn't know that "doesn't agree with ones lifestyle choices and supports a more traditional sense of morality" equals hatred. Good thing I had you all to show me the truth.

What a joke.

Thank you for the great educating you folks do. If I hadn't read it here I wouldn't know that "doesn't agree with ones lifestyle choices and supports a more traditional sense of morality" equals hatred. Good thing I had you all to show me the truth.

What a joke.

Therein lies the problem. You dictating what the definition of morality is. How do you define that? I was raised to believe hurting others is immoral. Denying two happy people the right to get married, is to me immoral and unjust. Who are you to infringe on the rights of others under the protective cloak of "morality"?! Your "traditional sense of morality" is borne from an extremely arrogant and self-righteous entitlement that you should have the right to dictate how others live. No gay activist has ever tried to prevent YOU from having a straight marriage while citing his "traditional sense of morality."

Your so-called "morality" is worse than hatred. It's a hypocritical, holier-than-thou arrogance that nauseates me to the very fiber of my being.

What a joke.

As I said before, there is a difference between simply believing homosexuality is a sin and spewing hatred against homosexual people, saying homosexuality should be a criminal felony, saying gays and lesbians should be rounded up and put in electrified fences, etc. etc. etc.

Those are the kinds of people we're bashing.

You know, those with a "traditional sense of Morality" :o

Hating gay people is not a "moral value", and I am so sick of the charlatans and phonies who keep acting like it is. And no, Nitehawk, that's not directed at you.

I think you're being too kind to Nitehawk personally. I'm sick of this "I don't hate gays, I just think they're immoral and going to hell" excuse. It's just so sanctimonious and twisted.

What a joke.

Who Romney ? Yeah the dudes a total joke :D

Look, I don't care who you are or what your belief system us.... It truly does not matter. But..... Im going to give you a cold hard fact with zero wiggle room. I don't care what pandering morons try to convince you to think but..... Being gay Is not a choice. That's a cold hard fact.

The only choice we make is to not keep it a secret......

You have the choice to accept that (its funny how heterosexuals are always telling homosexuals how they think.... ) or you can choose to be blind. And that conscious choice To be blind can both be perceived as being not only stupid but hateful because like i said.... Thank you for telling us how we think.... *eyeroll

But not accepting this fact truly makes you just as educated as those who believed the earth was flat an the sun revolved around it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back