Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
...you can still technically sue though.

Sorry Spidey...I added to my post above, and I'm sure you will want to reply to that....

Um, you find the right lawyer, and you can fight it....no matter what laws are on that cities books....

you can always attempt to sue.. but as long as it's legal grounds.. it's an incredibly tough up-hill battle.. and you're gonna need a great lawyer with that money you don't have due to being homeless and out of a job...

you can always attempt to sue.. but as long as it's legal grounds.. it's an incredibly tough up-hill battle.. and you're gonna need a great lawyer with that money you don't have due to being homeless and out of a job...

No, there are lawyers out there that do this free of charge....he's a great lawyer, he helped get a lesbian woman elected to the office of mayor in this city....they are out there, in every state. yes they are....

The two men that um, "vote for their pocketbook" and are traitors....make it possible for that lawyer to fight these fights....but that's another story.... : )

I will stand up against hate crimes and discrimination of all kinds, I will stand up and vote in Texas for your marital status, I will stand by those two men to death if needed, they are my brothers....but I will not equate the Gay Rights Movement of today....with the Civil Rights Movement of the 60s....sorry, but I will not.

Guess what, women still have not held anything higher than the Secretary of State in this country, women still today do not make the same pay as men in most careers, women today still hold the heaviest burden of child care, women today, in many of those same states still have problems getting credit, buying a house, etc....because they are single women. Blacks STILL TODAY, have those same problems....

I will quote my best buds ..... "cry me a ****ing river...." they say that often...

... this again isn't about who has it worse. Just because everyone still has prejudices about everything, that doesn't mean we stop fighting. The upsetting part about my cities decision of not protecting gays, its that doing so... really changes nothing.

like you said, women and african american's still have it rough, and many are still fired for their jobs or get paid lower because of it.. even with protections. The owners and what not just come up with other reasoning's to cover up their prejudices. The same would be done if we had those protections. but at least they would have thrown us a bone for something.

And you have the ability to sue the hell out of those people, for all the money they are worth.....AND TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE ****ING SUPREME COURT....... the blacks of the 60's Civil Rights Movement, for DECADES, ACTUALLY ALMOST 2 centuries DID NOT have that right....

I will stand up against hate crimes and discrimination of all kinds, I will stand up and vote in Texas for your marital status, I will stand by those two men to death if needed, they are my brothers....but I will not equate the Gay Rights Movement of today....with the Civil Rights Movement of the 60s....sorry, but I will not.

Guess what, women still have not held anything higher than the Secretary of State in this country, women still today do not make the same pay as men in most careers, women today still hold the heaviest burden of child care, women today, in many of those same states still have problems getting credit, buying a house, etc....because they are single women. Blacks STILL TODAY, have those same problems....

I will quote my best buds ..... "cry me a ****ing river...." they say that often...

Only Secretary of State?

That puts her 5th in line to become President if something were to happen.

(Well, 4th, since you don't count the President)

No, there are lawyers out there that do this free of charge....he's a great lawyer, he helped get a lesbian woman elected to the office of mayor in this city....they are out there, in every state. yes they are....

.. never said there wasn't .. but yeah, it's a really strong up hill battle to do all of the above.

Only Secretary of State?

That puts her 5th in line to become President if something were to happen.

(Well, 4th, since you don't count the President)

Whelp, true.....

But the fact that INDIA, beat us to it....kinda pisses me off.

Whelp, true.....

But the fact that INDIA, beat us to it....kinda pisses me off.

True.

Honestly, I always figured breaking the Presidential Ceiling would go black man, white woman, Latino, ....and after that it gets harder to predict.

True.

Honestly, I always figured breaking the Presidential Ceiling would go black man, white woman, Latino, ....and after that it gets harder to predict.

Weeeeelllll, speaking as a woman.....IF...BIG IF....we have more Condie's and Geraldine's....and fewer Sarah's and Nancy's.....MAYBE it will be in that order..... :dry:

2j0gk0n.jpg

Things that are important......usually are.......

well.. regardless, the entire point of my comment (that seemed to get sidetracked) was about the fact that it's not just about marriage... which your post seemed to suggest it so.

Being able to marry, and have the rights as a married couple, from their mouths....does not equate to a loss of civil rights...only the blacks of the civil rights movement had a loss of civil rights that was choking them socially, economically, spiritually and a fight for their very lives, in a way that needed to be overturned quickly and completely

it's incorrect to think we're just fighting for that.

women and gay's have gone through ALL of those same prejudices.. gay's are still going through most of them. The difference, and more correct way of putting it, would be that things were far more severe back then. Gay's have had there severity as well of course... but in today's world.. (at least in the US) things arn't nearly as bad as it was back then.

Weeeeelllll, speaking as a woman.....IF...BIG IF....we have more Condie's and Geraldine's....and fewer Sarah's and Nancy's.....MAYBE it will be in that order..... :dry:

i'd actually consider voting republican if Megan McCain ever stepped up to bat

well.. regardless, the entire point of my comment (that seemed to get sidetracked) was about the fact that it's not just about marriage... which your post seemed to suggest it so.

it's incorrect to think we're just fighting for that.

women and gay's have gone through ALL of those same prejudices.. gay's are still going through most of them. The difference, and more correct way of putting it, would be that things were far more severe back then. Gay's have had there severity as well of course... but in today's world.. (at least in the US) things arn't nearly as bad as it was back then.

Fair enough....what are you fighting for? Because I actually understand that part of your point......but when you trivialize my friends with things like "traitors" and please understand, I'm not angered by that....I understand the passion on your part. Those traitors fought for the rights that you have today, they fought for the respect that many in the homosexual community have today, they fought for and through what many in the gay community, have never and will never have to face....and thank God for that. That was my point... : ) No disrespect to you... but they have lived through a far different country than you live in today.

Last edited:
Fair enough....what are you fighting for?

I'm fighting to not be a second class citizen across the board. for everyone.

equality in general, Marriage Equality, Adoption rights, equal pay for women, pro choice (within the first 2 or 3 months), freedom of all beliefs, a strict separation of church and state, and i have zero tolerance for any form of segregation period.

She needs a lot more real life education, as well as knowledge of the world before she will EVER even come close to the 2 women I mentioned above.

Because I actually understand that part of your point......but when you trivialize my friends with things like "traitors" and please understand, I'm not angered by that....I understand the passion on your part. Those traitors fought for the rights that you have today, they fought for the respect that many in the homosexual community have today, they fought for and through what many in the gay community, have never and will never have to face....and thank God for that. That was my point... : ) No disrespect to you... but they have lived through a far different country than you live in today.

I understand your point. But it sounds like "they've lived their life, did their fighting but now are just worried about themselves" It doesn't exactly sound like they're voting for the cause currently. which... kinda feels like a stab in the back. And i could be wrong.. but I notice alot of gay republicans seems to earn that "respect" in the community by social status. Which to me.. is sorta like saying "those with money have respect".

I'm thankful for what they did then. but by voting republican today, imo.. you're directly voting for the people who want to take those rights away (and have clearly stated such). Don't they worry about where their money could go if one of them, god forbid, got sick or died? don't they worry about hospital visitation rights? I just don't see how money is more important to that.

I understand your point. But it sounds like "they've lived their life, did their fighting but now are just worried about themselves" It doesn't exactly sound like they're voting for the cause currently. which... kinda feels like a stab in the back. And i could be wrong.. but I notice alot of gay republicans seems to earn that "respect" in the community by social status. Which to me.. is sorta like saying "those with money have respect".

I'm thankful for what they did then. but by voting republican today, imo.. you're directly voting for the people who want to take those rights away (and have clearly stated such). Don't they worry about where their money could go if one of them, god forbid, got sick or died? don't they worry about hospital visitation rights? I just don't see how money is more important to that.

No, they just fight that fight, differently than you spidey...that's all.

That money that you speak of....has helped countless people like you build their own businesses, go to school, and win elections. : )

She needs a lot more real life education, as well as knowledge of the world before she will EVER even come close to the 2 women I mentioned above.

she's still young, she's got time.

she seems to be one of the few vocal republicans in the media that realizes the party is a mess, and that the "crazies" for a lack of a better term (referring mostly to palin, bacchman, ryan types... ) have essentially inherited it trying to pick up the pieces. And i'm much more tolerant of republicans who agree with that.

No, they just fight that fight, differently than you spidey...that's all.

That money that you speak of....has helped countless people like you build their own businesses, go to school, and win elections. : )

.... probably not a good example haha. no disrespect. but It's still incredibly counter productive to vote for people who outright speak against your way of life... Hopefully the elections they sent money to... are not those types (i know the entire rep party isn't that way.. but they seem to be the majority these days)

i guess i just have a lot of trouble seeing the logic behind their fight. feels like they're trying to be an ant moving a freight train. just to me, (and to each their own) sounds like the most counter productive way of doing it.

she's still young, she's got time.

she seems to be one of the few vocal republicans in the media that realizes the party is a mess, and that the "crazies" for a lack of a better term (referring mostly to palin, bacchman, ryan types... ) have essentially inherited it trying to pick up the pieces. And i'm much more tolerant of republicans who agree with that.

Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying she can't get there, I'm simply saying she has a long way to go. Margaret Hoover is also someone that you might look at if you like McCain....and she has had the education, and more life experience...

MargaretHoover.png

Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying she can't get there, I'm simply saying she has a long way to go. Margaret Hoover is also someone that you might look at if you like McCain....and she has had the education, and more life experience...

MargaretHoover.png

thanks, i'll have to check her out

Come on, man, I heart Megan, and as I've said before, if I ever needed a sham wife in a cynical attempt to help my career, it would totally be her, but that woman is a dummy. Not only would she lose a debate to Sarah Palin, she'd lose a debate to the actress portraying Sarah in Nailin' Palin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"