• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Discussion: Media, The Press, Journalism, Cable News, Media Bias, and Other Media Issues

I'll never cheer sexual assault, but I will say if he gets fired, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I'll be surprised if this is the last sexual assault claim against a Fox host though. Sometimes when one victim comes forward it opens the floodgate for other victims to not feel alone or intimidated.

I mean apparently Fox backed O'Reilly in court against his claims initially, who knows who else was paid to remain silent. I'm not saying this just because I dislike Fox News. It just strikes me as the type of place where these things happen. Like a country club for right wing men with massive ego's.

I wouldn't even consider that sexual assault or even worthy of termination. He certainly cant take a hint, but asking a girl to go to a book signing and whether she wants to go back to a hotel room and getting ******** when she says no isn't a crime. At worst something like this happening on the job would require a chat with HR. Nothing more.

That being said, it won't shock me if he has some skeletons in his closet. Fox News is probably like a 1960s ad agency where a bunch of older white men try to take advantage of the young women. *cough*madmen*cough*

I wouldn't even consider that sexual assault or even worthy of termination. He certainly cant take a hint, but asking a girl to go to a book signing and whether she wants to go back to a hotel room and getting ******** when she says no isn't a crime. At worst something like this happening on the job would require a chat with HR. Nothing more.

That being said, it won't shock me if he has some skeletons in his closet. Fox News is probably like a 1960s ad agency where a bunch of older white men try to take advantage of the young women. *cough*madmen*cough*

From the sounds of it he made an advance, inviting her to a hotel room. However nothing physical. It would also depends on what all he said to her during those advances. She also claims after turning him down she stopped getting calls for appearances, but I can't see that going anywhere. That said, unless there's more to the story, I agree most likely no laws were broken.

However it doesn't make it any less scummy as I believe Hannity is married with kids. Not sure if he was at the time or not though as I don't follow news about him.

We'll see what happens. Way too early to tell what will happen with Hannity.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if more allegations follow. Nor would it surprise me if he eventually loses his job too. Murdoch's sons are angling to change the company culture and bring it more into the 21st century, which is why they pressured their father to push O'Reilly out. Hannity is part of that same old guard, alongside O'Reilly and Ailes.

So remember conservatives...whatever ends up happening here, it's not just some liberal conspiracy. There are absolutely going to be liberal activist groups trying to make a social media push that reaches Hannity's advertisers, but ultimately all of this stuff is just giving the Murdochs an excuse to speed up what they want to do anyway.

“My patience with this individual (Debbie Schlussel) is over. I have retained a team of some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country who are now in the process of laying out the legal course of action we will be taking against this individual.”

“In this fiercely divided and vindictive political climate I will no longer allow slander and lies about me to go unchallenged, as I see a coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views,” he said. “I will fight every single lie about me by all legal means available to me as an American.”
- Sean Hannity

:mnm:

tenor.gif

Debbie is now walking back her statement against Hannity.

"In an interview with LawNewz.com on Monday, Debbie Schlussel said she doesn’t think that what happened with Sean Hannity amounts to sexual harassment. Still, she stands by her description of events, saying, “He tried to get me to go back to the hotel after the show after he and his executive producer Bill Shine treated me horribly.”

She clarified that Hannity allegedly asked her to come to his hotel, not his hotel room. "

I wonder how much she was paid to make up this bogus story.

:lmao:

I am calling Bull**** on this one. Democrats are getting desperate. :o

Debbie is a longtime conservative wing nut. Are you or are you not aware of this? She's always been the minor league Colter. Look up her writing some time.

“My patience with this individual (Debbie Schlussel) is over. I have retained a team of some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country who are now in the process of laying out the legal course of action we will be taking against this individual.”

“In this fiercely divided and vindictive political climate I will no longer allow slander and lies about me to go unchallenged, as I see a coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views,” he said. “I will fight every single lie about me by all legal means available to me as an American.”
- Sean Hannity

:mnm:

It doesn't seem to be assault, just another example of the work environment at Fox for women. And as for Hannity's response, you've gotta love how people working at Fox suddenly stop being conservative the minute they dare speak out against one of the top men...

"I completely laugh and give a head nod so my audience completely knows I talk about jazz"

Fox just has the best men.

Fox News is a frat house of overgrown teenagers.

I don't like Waters. He has a smugness to him.

All cable news is trash.

Cable news in a nutshell:

A headline is presented. The talking heads appear. The talking heads present opinion and speculation. This opinion and speculation is recycled every hour on every commentators program. The next day the speculation becomes the headline. Social media blows up the headline/speculation. Reporters and so-called "journalists" of print news now question everyone about the headline/speculation.

Rinse and repeat.

Rinse and repeat.

The speculation is never proven; it's just disregarded for the next batch of speculation and talking heads' opinions . . .

All cable news is trash.

Cable news in a nutshell:

A headline is presented. The talking heads appear. The talking heads present opinion and speculation. This opinion and speculation is recycled every hour on every commentators program. The next day the speculation becomes the headline. Social media blows up the headline/speculation. Reporters and so-called "journalists" of print news now question everyone about the headline/speculation.

Rinse and repeat.

Rinse and repeat.

The speculation is never proven; it's just disregarded for the next batch of speculation and talking heads' opinions . . .

Translation: i (and family/friends) watch Fox News. Got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"