Discussion: Media, The Press, Journalism, Cable News, Media Bias, and Other Media Issues

Not sure Pence's opinion matters much to Trump’s base anyhow, lol. Still funny.

Elon Musk has been pushing that lie.

Who votes (but not who for) isn’t a secret it is public information in every state.

In the same way that the USA is banning tik tok, China is banning Whatsapp, Signal, Threads, and Telegram.

The same forces are at play in both cases: economic protectionism and the need for narrative and information control. I enthusiastically support the former but not the latter.

I think it's a risk.

Americans know that many, many Presidents and other major leaders are criminals multiple times over. If Trump is the only one that gets tried and convicted, that will make him look good to anybody that is a skeptic of the system. I've heard argument that this is behind Trump's increasing support among African Americans.

Myself, I know from personal experience that the justice system is not objective. A lot depends on which lawyer you have, which judge, the relationship between the judge and lawyer, how people are feeling that day, etc. I once lost thousands of dollars because a magistrate wanted to go home early. When I read about these scheduling conflicts, I roll my eyes and think "typical".

But for people who believe in the system, which roughly corresponds to the base of the democratic party (the professional managerial class / white collar workers / etc), lawfare seems like an objective strategy, so this will create a massive communication gulf.

IMO, the Democratic party should actually pursue the opposite strategy, rather than say that the system is aghast at Donald Trump, they should say that he's a man of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"