• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 4

Many of the most famous X-Men just aren't that interesting in the grand scheme of things, while lesser known mutants like Oya or Quentin provide much more fascinating character arcs.

Hopefully the new POV girl (like a kitty/Jubilee/armor type in the books) is really cool n diverse if they go that route

Just hire Joss Whedon to do the new film and call it Astonishing X-Men. Make Armor, Kitty Pryde, or Jubilee the main POV character ;)

I don't really appreciate that line of reasoning. Also, not for female superheroes, of which Kitty Pryde is a prominent Jewish female superhero, who could be a much bigger star in the future X-Men films than how she's been utilized in the past.

Dude, again, all for inclusion of Kitty and more women heroes and more Jewish heroes, and yes, here's to her as a much bigger star in the MCU X-Men.

But unless you would call it racebending if a White actress was cast as her, then you kinda agree with the reasoning, even if you don't appreciate it.

Just because she's White doesn't mean her inclusion isn't more important than other more milquetoast/WASPy folks. Racial diversity isn't the only important diversity.

It seems like a hair splitting argument. To me there's no verifiable proof on the amount of jimmies rustled for one change vs. the other.

Not to mention, if you keep Wolverine as a white male and one of the top heroes, that will also ruffle a lot of feathers as well if you think about it. The problem is that there is lack of inclusion, gender and racial diversity.

Well, if we really want to fix that. Then we have X-23/Laura, who became Wolverine the comics. Make her the new Wolverine of the MCU, just like Marvel Studios is using the current version of Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, which started fairly recently in 2012. They picked the latest female iteration fo Captain Marvel over Mar-Vell and Genus-Vell; two white male versions of Captain Marvel.
There's no verifiable proof of something that hasn't happened, sure, but do you think that getting gender inclusion ruffling fewer feathers is better than getting the same amount of inclusion ruffling a lot of feathers? Is the principle sound?

And we can confirm that people like Wolverine more than they like, say Beast, right? Like, I don't have a list of polls on hand, but you've gathered that, too, right? They have more emotional investment in the "bigger" character? Is that splitting hairs?

I don't get how including Wolverine, alone, will ruffle feathers. Describe the person who would be upset at lack of gender inclusion for a majority female team that includes Wolverine, because the only people that could be upset are hardcore Laura fans, who don't care about how much gender inclusion there is if she's not there.

Captain Marvel is a poor example because not only is Mar-Vell not the most popular version of the character, but unlike with Logan/Laura it's a solo property so it's either/or. You can make the CM movie female-centric OR you can have Mar-Vell as CM, but not both. Because the X-Men aren't and should never have been the Wolverine movies, you can have a female centric X-Men AND include Logan. You can have your cake and eat it too, so why are you acting like they can only eat cake?

Also, Captain Marvel is a character only really known to comic fans. Logan/Wolverine is iconic and known to EVERYBODY. Using Laura will only make people say "I thought Wolverine was a dude" when they're releasing the movie. No one says that about Carol because no one outside of us know who Mar-Vell is.

People are always going to whine because their personal favorite mutant isn't the star of the franchise. Trying to pick a team based on "who the fans want" is a hopeless and futile task. They need to compile a team based compelling characterization, uniqueness of powerset, and desired diversity of the cast.

Many of the most famous X-Men just aren't that interesting in the grand scheme of things, while lesser known mutants like Oya or Quentin provide much more fascinating character arcs.

Again, this is that sort of "well, if it's not perfect why try?" There are advantages to doing fan-favorite things, even if fans aren't a fan of everything. This is why the MCU uses faithful costumes, even though they make some changes. They use top villains from each rogues gallery, even though they often change those villains' background. There is a balance to every adaptation and that balance is never "well, we can't adapt everything, so we adapt nothing!" That's the Fant4stic/Snyder-y mindset, and we've all been around long enough to know better, haven't we?

I agree that the fully formed static-since-the-80s famous mutants are not as dynamic as those who are just now developing, like Oya and Quire. That's why it's important to catch these static "boring" characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix and Beast WHILE they're still developing, so that we can become as attached to them as comic fans were in the 70s and 80s, when they were developing in comics, as the newer comics characters are now.

Just hire Joss Whedon to do the new film and call it Astonishing X-Men. Make Armor, Kitty Pryde, or Jubilee the main POV character ;)

This. Honestly I'm pulling for Kitty, as much as I love the other two.

Edit: Minus the Whedon part. He needs a solid break for a while, imho.

Last edited:
Also, Captain Marvel is a character only really known to comic fans. Logan/Wolverine is iconic and known to EVERYBODY. Using Laura will only make people say "I thought Wolverine was a dude" when they're releasing the movie. No one says that about Carol because no one outside of us know who Mar-Vell is.

They know who Ms. Marvel is since she's the one that got adapted the most and she was pretty easy to cosplay.

They know who Ms. Marvel is since she's the one that got adapted the most and she was pretty easy to cosplay.

If you find 100 random people on the street and ask them who Ms. Marvel is, I guarantee you on this day (before her movie), most people will say "No." I bet that majority will be high, as well. She is iconic to Marvel fans, yes. To the public at large, no.

If you find 100 random people on the street and ask them who Ms. Marvel is, I guarantee you on this day (before her movie), most people will say "No." I bet that majority will be high, as well. She is iconic to Marvel fans, yes. To the public at large, no.

I meant in comparison to Mar-Vell, which I assumed was your point in that whole Laura as the new Wolvie.
You'll still have people out of the comics circle who call Carol Ms and don't know she's now Cap.

I meant in comparison to Mar-Vell, which I assumed was your point in that whole Laura as the new Wolvie.
You'll still have people out of the comics circle who call Carol Ms and don't know she's now Cap.

I would agree Ms. Marvel is more popular than Captain Marvel :up:

BossLogic

oZESlXA.jpg

I dont even think that. Carol looks unrecognizable now as Captain Marvel. From her design to hair, if someone were to see her, they'd likely think its a new character and not necesarily Ms. Marvel

I dont even think that. Carol looks unrecognizable now as Captain Marvel. From her design to hair, if someone were to see her, they'd likely think its a new character and not necesarily Ms. Marvel

That too.

My Wolverine shortlist.
Dustin Clare 5'11
2d1sfhu.jpg

rax6jt.jpg

Colin Donnell 5'10
23m61pd.jpg

21boupf.gif

Luke Hemsworth 5'11
2vwtu2o.jpg

9v8get.jpg

Digging Hemsworth :up: But they'll need to make him shorter. At least 5 inches shorter

Try to find a semi good actor with wolverines build under 5'10. It is a lesson in annoyance.

also as long as he's relatively shorter it wont matter.
for example:
mcdgew.jpg

And also he's my favorite choice too.:up:
4hzalf.jpg

Last edited:
Dustin Clare sounds good to me.

I doubt the movie will have a adjective. Only Hulk movie got one in the MCU.

I prefer just X-MEN (so we can erase the 2000 movie) or X-MEN: Subtitle

I doubt the movie will have a adjective. Only Hulk movie got one in the MCU.

I prefer just X-MEN (so we can erase the 2000 movie) or X-MEN: Subtitle

I think X-Men will get an adjective. Reason being we already have a film called X-Men and many X-Men ____ titles. To seperate their X-Men from those X-Men, I think Uncanny X-Men is a likely title (it's the same reason they called their Hulk Movie The Incredible Hulk). Spider-Man bucked this trend, but Spider-Man had the opposite problem: The Amazing Spider-Man had already been used.

I'm tired of all these tall Wolverines! They should be called Bears, not named after scrappy little death machines. Though it would almost never happen, here's who I'd love to see in the role, that could capture everything about the character:

G4CUQRJm.jpg

Yeah. Harry Potter as Wolverine. That's the ticket.

I think X-Men will get an adjective. Reason being we already have a film called X-Men and many X-Men ____ titles. To seperate their X-Men from those X-Men, I think Uncanny X-Men is a likely title (it's the same reason they called their Hulk Movie The Incredible Hulk). Spider-Man bucked this trend, but Spider-Man had the opposite problem: The Amazing Spider-Man had already been used.

I understand the point of separating from FOXMEN I just hope they just ignore and replace any trace of them personally

They can use Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men or simply Marvels X-Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"