Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made this, now really want him in the role. :o

DrStrange_zpse88b7d99.png

Speakin' of Mads, what about his Hannibal co-star Hugh Dancy as Doctor Strange?

I feel they are going to cast young for this one (though that may have been reported or speculated elsewhere)

Hugh-Dancy-hot-british-actors-655480_991_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Geez, y'all… these are some really great options. I'm digging them all.

Honestly, for me, if a black actor came in and just stunned Feige and whoever the director is that they couldn't look at anyone else, I'd be totally great/down/chill with that. I wouldn't necessarily see it as insulting, because I do think we will eventually get a BP movie… more of a question of when. I mean, there has to be something to the Johannesburg shoot for A:AoU. I hope.

But yes to all these options. Except for Depp. Unless he chooses to be less recent Depp.

ETA: I saw Matthew Modine on Twitter thirsting for the Doctor Strange role. Um… no dude. You were insufferable during the promotion for TDKR. Do. Not. Want. Also, tweeting you want a role is a surefire way of not getting it with Marvel.

Gonna get rapped on the mouth for this... Timothy Omundson. Finde pics of him with his facial hair grown out. Also... I just see Strange as older looking. Some of the choices here are too youthful for me.

I had no idea who Omundson was until I saw his face. Yes, he's so good in anything I've seen him in. Though I do think Marvel will go for someone who's either on an upswing of their career or a little more well-known than Omundson.

I vacilate between wanting an older Strange, but then kind of being okay with a younger Strange depending on the choices presented (Issac, Dancy, Luke Evans…) So it just depends who ends up getting cast for me.

Well, Marvel does seem to go for higher profile actors, tis true.

They could end up with Cumberbatch.

And then this board explodes with the thought of Elba, Cumberbatch and Hiddleston all in the MCU.

And then this board explodes with the thought of Elba, Cumberbatch and Hiddleston all in the MCU.

If Hardy shows up as Baron Zemo the internet will melt through the crust of the Earth and drop all the way to the core. :word:

Another actor trying to lobby for the role of Strange, Matthew Modine.
Nope, let's not make it happen.

If Hardy shows up as Baron Zemo the internet will melt through the crust of the Earth and drop all the way to the core. :word:

(Actually, if Bale was cast as Strange and Nolan came on board to direct… Fandom would devour itself whole)
Yep. I want to see that happen. T'would be epicness.

So much thirst. Especially after all the smack he talked about Marvel. He said in an EW interview where he said if Bale and RDJ were in a cage match, Bale would ***** down RDJ's throat.

I love how he's wanting to be in a Marvel movie now *provided he's not joking.

I just have like the weirdest thought ever, but think about it. Marvel's known for their out-of left field casting such as Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, John C Reilly, and more..what if they go with someone that no one ever thought of for Strange? For some examples and I know some of you might kill me for this, but..

Jared Leto
Ben Stiller
Will Ferrell
Jim Carrey
Sacha Baron Cohen
John Cusack
Stephen Dorff

Last edited:
So much thirst. Especially after all the smack he talked about Marvel. He said in an EW interview where he said if Bale and RDJ were in a cage match, Bale would ***** down RDJ's throat.

I love how he's wanting to be in a Marvel movie now *provided he's not joking.

Oh for sure he's serious.
He sees himself as a reasonable choice and being part of the MCU is one hell of a meal ticket. It's basically immortilization.
You get in an you become a literal icon and I sure as heck hope Marvel Studios haven't forgotten about his snide comments.

Honestly even if it wasn't for that can anyone name one thing that he's played that could show him as suitable for the movie?

Made this, now really want him in the role. :o

DrStrange_zpse88b7d99.png

How I wish it was so!

There would be more than explosions.....how insanely glorious would that be!

Hey, I rather like that casting idea...

Ah, self promotion. Maybe he heard how Vin Diesel got the job and thought he'd try it, too. Diesel was a bit more savvy with his self promotion, though.

Modine's previous comments about Marvel aside, haven't they said they're looking on the youngish side for this so they can keep the actor around for awhile? If so, he's probably outside the age range they want. Maybe they never actually said that, and fans were just speculating, I don't recall. Strange could be a less-physical role than some others.

Anyway... Visionquest was awesome. My whole wrestling team watched it together.

I just have like the weirdest thought ever, but think about it. Marvel's known for their out-of left field casting such as Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, John C Reilly, and more..what if they go with someone that no one ever thought of for Strange? For some examples and I know some of you might kill me for this, but..

Jared Leto
Ben Stiller
Will Ferrell
Jim Carrey
Sacha Baron Cohen
John Cusack
Stephen Dorff

John Cusack would be interesting. Sacha Baron Cohen has been branching out beyond zany-Borat type projects and has surprised me, so I don't know what to think about that suggestion. Maybe I like it...?

Stiller, Ferrell, and Carrey i think are bigger names than Marvel usually casts for their leads. Besides, they carry a lot of baggage. I don't have a problem with any of them, but I know people who hate all 3.

My favorite choices so far are Evans, Theroux, Dancy, and Leto. I'd like to throw Ethan hawke's name out there, too.

Now of course if that Johnny Depp rumor pans out, I need my ticket NOW.

Leto would be great. Its about time he got a leading role in a big film. Depp would also be a win, although I think I like the idea of Leto more. He seems like the sort of pick Marvel would go for that you wouldn't really think of, but would then go on to knock it out of the park.

And I hate to post another manip, but c'mon, Leto looks pretty awesome. Logo by SkinnyGlasses
DoctorStrangePoster2Leto_zps694067cf.png

Jared Leto
Ben Stiller
Will Ferrell
Jim Carrey
Sacha Baron Cohen
John Cusack
Stephen Dorff

I love Leto, Cusack, and Dorff would be really interesting. Whoever suggested Ethan Hawke, I adore you.

I've kind of wondered whether SBC would be a decent choice. I love him and his acting, plus his casting would make fandom's head collectively explode, which would be a thing to see. Ditto Ferrell and Carrey. Although the latter two would be just, well, strange.

Ben Stiller as a magician? Hmmm seems…

tony-wonder.jpg

After watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty today, I don't think Stiller would be a bad choice for director.

(Actually, if Bale was cast as Strange and Nolan came on board to direct… Fandom would devour itself whole)
Yep. I want to see that happen. T'would be epicness.

While the fan reaction would be *epic*, I don't think it'd be a good idea. Nolan's style really wouldn't fit Dr Strange, which is not supposed to be dark, low-key occultism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"