Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Levine would be a great choice for director. I still want Justin Theroux as Stephen Strange.

reg_634.JustinTheroux.jlc.060812.jpeg

...why? he's not even convincing as Jennifer Aniston's boyfriend.

I've got to be honest, Doctor strange is not the first movie I would want to see. I'll see it and probably enjoy it so it's not a problem but I would have fathered marvel focus on captain marvel or black panther first

Ditto.

Still though, I'm here for more Marvel Studio movies, so… whatever LOL!

Why? Because sometimes I just feel like actors whether they are great or not would do well with a certain role. Theroux as Strange is one of them. I am by no means married to the choice, I also love the idea of Leto.

I love the Mads rumor. I'm sure everyone here knows that he was in talks for Malekith at one point, so he's been on Marvel's radar for some time, and possibly vice versa. I haven't watched Hannibal, but I highly suggest Valhalla Rising for anyone who hasn't seen that yet.

Mads hasn't replaced Viggo as my first choice, but that rumor hasn't been revived in such a long time that the window may have passed (or never been valid at all).

I'm looking forward to some magic that is magic and not just an advanced science.

Matthew McConaughey - but only if he keeps the Dallas Buyers Club weight...

wow. he really gave in to the dark side of smash burger.

Not anymore. He just did a Q&A a couple of weeks ago and he's lost A LOT of weight. He actually looks really good now.

I'm looking forward to some magic that is magic and not just an advanced science.

They already have that in Thor. Unless what you mean is "magic which is absolutely impossible for science to comprehend", in which case, there is no such thing.

Reminder to everyone: Science is not "tools". Science is "understanding the world by observation and testing".

See, I would like to see Depp in this film, but as Mordo. That would shake it up a little.

I would be completely on board with a Latino Dr. Strange. I they took that route, Oscar Isaac would be my first choice... he was simply amazing in Inside Llewyn Davis. Also fits the "young up and comer" mold of the three Chrises.

I (strangely) wouldn't want a black Dr. Strange though. Somehow, that would come off as a little disrespectful to me when we have a character like Black Panther, who would be profoundly integral to the MCU, waiting in the wings.

I would be completely on board with a Latino Dr. Strange. I they took that route, Oscar Isaac would be my first choice... he was simply amazing in Inside Llewyn Davis. Also fits the "young up and comer" mold of the three Chrises.

I (strangely) wouldn't want a black Dr. Strange though. Somehow, that would come off as a little disrespectful to me when we have a character like Black Panther, who would be profoundly integral to the MCU, waiting in the wings.

That would be Brother Voodoo - who was Sorcerer Supreme for a while as I recall...

That would be Brother Voodoo - who was Sorcerer Supreme for a while as I recall...
Yup, but the main protagonist for a Dr. Strange movie would undoubtedly be Stephen Strange. My point was that if they cast a black actor as Dr. Strange it would be just to check the "hey, we need a black lead for one of these movies" box. That would come off a little hollow to me when there's a legitimate black superhero character in Black Panther just waiting to be adapted.

Paul McGann would be great! Forget age!

Paul McGann would be great! Forget age!

Oh yeah, I'd love him in the role - was just pointing out the Marvel would likely want him for a few years.

But I'd be totally happy with McGann. He'd be brilliant.

Actually another choice I think might work well is Luke Evans

ddyic3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I read today that Mads Mikkelsen was being considered. I'm more than ok with that!

It makes me sad, since he'd be the perfect Dr Doom. . . but since Doom isn't returning to Marvel anytime soon, might as well. If they can get Cumberbatch, that would be great.

( but it'd be another movie starring a white guy! *ducks* )

Ha. So it would.

I feel like Cumberbatch is wasted on these voice-only parts for live action films. He has an incredible voice, but he's an incredible actor first.

And oddly, I agree that a black Dr. Strange film with no Black Panther would be off in more ways than one. Same goes for if we got a female Green Lantern movie or something (Helen Jordan?) I'd be like "Uh, Wonder Woman, please."

Yup, but the main protagonist for a Dr. Strange movie would undoubtedly be Stephen Strange. My point was that if they cast a black actor as Dr. Strange it would be just to check the "hey, we need a black lead for one of these movies" box. That would come off a little hollow to me when there's a legitimate black superhero character in Black Panther just waiting to be adapted.

I agree 100%

This seems to be what Fox is doing with the FF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"