Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardy is a good actor, surely he would fit better else where, I could see cumberbatch as DR strange

I'd rather see Hardy in the role. Cumberbatch is great, but I have absolutely no idea what Hardy would do performance-wise.

I generally prefer Hardy but I think Cumby is more appropriate for the role. There are still others though that I'd rather see than either of those.

I'd rather see Hardy in the role. Cumberbatch is great, but I have absolutely no idea what Hardy would do performance-wise.
These are my thoughts, basically. Like, I feel like I could easily picture what we'd get with Cumberbatch (and I'd like it, for the record)...but I can't with Hardy and that's more exciting to me because I know he'd do something great.

I think Hardy is more an unpredictable chameleon than Cumberbatch, for sure (not knocking Cumberbatch at all, who I think is excellent), but Cumberbatch has that intellectual vibe like not that many actors have. I'm not saying Hardy couldn't have it, but I've never seen him do it.

I go away on vacation for a week and all hell breaks loose on DOCTOR STRANGE!

I love THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE! That movie haunts me to this day. Derrickson's a fine choice to direct. Hope it sticks, Marvel.

I let out an involuntary squee when anyone mentions Ethan Hawke or Tom Hardy for Strange. Cumberbatch looks the role, can act and everything, but I'd feel anti-climactic if he got it.

I'm one of the few who thought Jared Leto outshined Matthew McConaughey in DBC, so I'm pulling for him as well. But I love he suggestions of Ejiofor and Edgar Ramirez. Also Oscar Isaac after watching ILD.

I'm liking Hawke for this more and more. I've always felt he was somewhat underappreciated.

I want it to be Hardy for the main reason of shutting anyone up who might still be busting DC/WB's chops for casting a few former Marvel actors.

Daredevil is Batman, Bane is Dr. Strange. Even damn Steven and everyone can shut it and move on. :o

I'd rather have Jared Leto,Ethan Hawke, Tom Hardy or even Billy Crudup for the role more than Cucumberbatch.

Last edited:
No, I'd prefer Cumberbatch over Hardy. They're both great actors and I'd love for Hardy to be in a Marvel movie, but I don't know if Strange is the best fit for him. Ethan Hawke, it depends on the role. I've noticed that he tends to be really good in smaller or more independent movies, but passable at best in bigger movies that he seems less interested in. So idk if he'd be a good choice either. Truth be told by #1 choice is still Viggo Mortensen.

l1NVvg8.jpg

Hugh Dancy
This is my design
nuff said

Last edited:
Ethan Hawke has always seemed 'dirty' to me, and I don't like my Doctor Strange to seem dirty.

I properly like the idea of Luke Evans. Cumberbatch I'm not a huge fan after seeing his 'Khaaaaaen' line (so easily am I influenced hehe). I like Hardy but not for Strange. And yet I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up loving what he brings.

But yeah, Luke Evans thanks.

I wonder if they are going for a proper horror movie vibe with the choice of director? Strange's world opens up the possibilities for a unique superhero film. I'd love to see some real Lovecraftian psychological horror.

I still really like the choice of Jake Gyllenhaal over anyone else to be honest. He has a great look for the character. Plus he has great range. He could totally pull off the arrogant facade yet tortured and kinda messed up.

Out of the two I think Cumberbatch would fit the role better. It feels like he gets unnecessary hate around journalists and people "in the know" because of Khan in STID. The dude is a brilliant actor. But, even though he'd probably do some fantastic stuff with Strange I think he's too much of a safe choice. Some people have been saying Pedro Pascal, who was excellent as Oberyn on this season of Game of Thrones. I'd love to see that.

I'd be down for Cumberbatch as Dr Strange. He would bring a lot of Sherlock fans with him. He definitely has the better voice for Strange and would come across as extremely intelligent. He also has a slightly weird vibe and look, which I think would absolutely suit Strange very well. I think Strange could easily be a character who looks slightly sinister but is a hero, and we'd get that with Cumberbatch. I prefer to see him as a lead than Tom Hardy.

Ethan Hawke wouldn't be bad, but the man would be on a constant deadline. He would need to achieve everything either before sunrise, before sunset or before midnight.

pedro pascal from Game of Thrones.

1. He has the look

2. The arrogance

3. The intelligence

4.The age

20140403-got-x600-1396548472.jpg

I'm telling you guys Hugh Dancy was made for this role.
He's a great actor with incredible range and checks all the boxes when it comes to looks and age.

I'm telling you guys Hugh Dancy was made for this role.
He's a great actor with incredible range and checks all the boxes when it comes to looks and age.

I suggested him awhile back. He and Luke Evans are my favorites for the role.

Seeing as how Cumberbatch, and Hardy are actual potential candidates, of those two I'd prefer BC.

I suggested him awhile back. He and Luke Evans are my favorites for the role.

Seeing as how Cumberbatch, and Hardy are actual potential candidates, of those two I'd prefer BC.

BC is a good Sherlock. I haven't liked him in anything else really. And he really doesn't look the part. He doesn't have the eyes to play Strange. Dancy and Leto do. But I prefer Dancy.

Last edited:
I like the suggestion of Benedict Cumberbatch. He's a good actor, Sherlock is fab, I'm sure he'd do great in the role. My only possible issue is that it feels a bit obvious. Maybe because Cumberbatch has been fan-cast in so many comic book roles that him now actually being in the mix for one feels like an anti-climax, or maybe because I feel like I already know exactly how he'd play the role... but it just doesn't feel like the most exciting choice. But I dunno, maybe sometimes a choice is obvious because it's good. I certainly won't object if he gets the role.

Cumberbatch is normally fancasted for villainous roles though so I wouldn't mind if he got to play a good guy for once.

maybe sometimes a choice is obvious because it's good.

Exactly the reason why I've never been able to understand why a poster dismisses an actor for that reason. Sometimes an actor is 'obvious' because they would fit the role like a glove; why should the actor be rejected in favour of a more left-field suggestion - just for the sake of the one making the suggestion being able to say that they are thinking outside the box and are therefore cool? :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"