Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I was thinking about him as strange earlier too. If only he was 20 years younger.

Cumberbatch, Hiddleston and Elba all in the MCU if it happens?

The internet is going to explode.

Cumberbatch as Strange would be crazy awesome. If not him, David Duchovny would be awesome as heck.

Cumberbatch as Strange

Hardy as Mordo

C'mon. It's obvious. DO IT.

I'm down with Cummerbund or Hardy for Strange; as for Mordo, I'd think (slightly) outside of the box other than "Generic British Villain" (aren't villains required by Hollywood Law to be Brits nowadays...?) Even though Marvel didn't really pursue this angle in the comics, the word "mordo" translates interestingly enough in Italian to "I bite." That would give a credible ethnic backstory to a villain with that name and title. Even though Italy hasn't officially recognized titles of nobility since the deposition of Mussolini, the term "baron" is used loosely and with varying degrees of authenticity by some Italian bluebloods today.

With that being said, I'd prefer that they give Mordo to an Italian-American, or better yet, a true Italian actor.

You are speaking my language Whiskey. :highfive:

Strange needs a deep, rich voice above all else. I imagine a Strange movie with lots of voiceovers, reading excerpts from forbidden texts, lots of dramatic shouting whilst fighting demons, etc.

That's why I always pushed Liam Neeson and never felt Viggo M was a good pick.

"Let the lard of the black land come farth!" No, sorry.

Cumberbatch and Hardy seem like some legit possible casting choices for Strange. If they are indeed the two main contenders then of the two I would go with Cumberbatch. Something about him as Stephen Strange makes me think of Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber or Snape or somewhere in between. I could see Alan Rickman as Strange maybe 15 years ago or if they wanted someone to play an older version of the character.

Between Cumberbatch and Hardy I'd have to go with Hardy. He seems to have much more range and would likely make Dr. Strange a character that would stand out well from previous roles Hardy has played as well as making the good doctor stand out well from all the other superheroes on film these days. That's very important since a lot of his origin story and personality is going to struggle to set itself apart from both Batman(in Batman Begins journey to a far off Asian mountain top for training) AND Iron Man's "jerk learns to be a better person" schtick. I know this is all magic and those weren't but Dr. Strange needs more that just the substitute of magic for science to set himself apart, IMO.

Last edited:
What are the odds of the actor who'll be playing Doctor Strange getting announced at San Diego Comic-Con?

If they're willing to hold off for that long. I doubt we won't know by the time SDCC wraps up.

If they're willing to hold off for that long. I doubt we won't know by the time SDCC wraps up.

They won't be filming this until sometime mid next year - they have plenty of time to cast. They might not decide until a few months before filming.

I would love to see Tom Hardy alongside the Avengers in TA3.

But both are great casting choices if either has been picked. I'm just a total Tom Hardy fan.

Cumberbatch gets my vote.

But I would prefer Pedro Pascal or Oded Fehr.

They won't be filming this until sometime mid next year - they have plenty of time to cast. They might not decide until a few months before filming.

They're exploring their options already, if Deadine it to be believed, with Hardy and Cumberbatch. They're not holding off on an announcement for a whole year.

tumblr_n6idpfv8D41scg5r7o1_400.jpg

jered leto is hot coming off a Oscar win I think is their top pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back