does anyone besides me have no faith?

I can understand them having a young Wonder Woman, and Flash, but a young Superman??? Err no!!

Batman should be mid to late 20's maybe early 30's

Superman should be older as he is the Justice League Leader.

They should do these films once the Batman / Superman franchises have finished in my opinion (let Wonder Woman have her own stand-alone film).

Hope the rumour is true that it's cancelled.

Being leader doesn't mean older... besides he's mostly just leader because he's iconic....

:)

It might be cancelled?!.... *oddly enough does happy dance*

i'd love to see a justice league film. i think everyone here does.

i'd love to see a good justice league film. however, i just dont think this would be it. the fact that the rumoured cast is of such a low calibre leads me to question the quality of the script.

Superman's not even that young? Porter's the same age as Routh.

porter is not in the film , and really most of the rumored actors are 24-29 yrs old minus hammer(21), gale(31/32), and common(35).

I've seen enough pre-production issues in big budget movies to know when it isn't worth my time to have faith. Right now, the Justice League film has some pretty rotten seeds being sown.

Being leader doesn't mean older... besides he's mostly just leader because he's iconic....

:)

It might be cancelled?!.... *oddly enough does happy dance*
Older men (30s/40s) tend to be more inspiring as leaders than prettyboy 20 somethings.

I dont know about you but ever since that neither Christian Bale nor Brandon Routh would be involved in the film i lost all faith in it.
I love the idea of seeing Batman and Superman being played by two people other than Routh/Bale. There are fools who think no one else on the planet can play these characters. I personally welcome new actors for the roles. Plus, it won't come with the overhyped bullsh:t that I see in the Batman forums.

I doubt it will be cancelled for good, maybe a year...or two at the most.

LOL, and how is it that us "naysayers" should be schooled. Because I have expressed my anger in the names I have heard associated with these iconic characters, I need to be "schooled"? :huh: Orin is basically saying we should be grateful that we are getting a JLA movie or at least a movie that features heroes such as GL, WW, Aquaman etc... then the typical solo Batman and Superman movies put out by WB. Or, that us naysayers should pipe down and leave the JLA fans alone since we still have individual Batman and Superman movies to lean back on.

Thing is, I want a JLA movie! Just not with a sh1tty cast. It's that simple. And when you hear names such as DJ Cotrona, Arm and Hammer, Santiago Cabrera and Teresa Palmer, that, IMVHO, is scraping the bottom of the barrel. And I will not lower my standards and just be satisfied because we are getting a JLA movie. Sorry.
:up: x 2million!
Ugh whatever. Those aren't valid comparisons. Especially for Pirates of The Carribbean. Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp were NOT unknowns. Nor was Geoffrey Rush for that matter.

And it might just be more than casting for that matter. There's nothing wrong with people questioning the quality of the casting. And how poorly this whole business has been planned.

Couldn't agree more. :up: Just cuase you make a burger doesn't make it a Whopper! You get me a Whopper now! :cmad:

I love the idea of seeing Batman and Superman being played by two people other than Routh/Bale. There are fools who think no one else on the planet can play these characters. I personally welcome new actors for the roles. Plus, it won't come with the overhyped bullsh:t that I see in the Batman forums.

I can tell in your posts that you just love your fellow Hypers. :cwink:

I can see your point, though. I was always for Bale playing Batman, but Routh and Welling's followings clashing over "who's the best" bugs me to no end. I'm just fine with someone else playing Superman.

I love the idea of seeing Batman and Superman being played by two people other than Routh/Bale. There are fools who think no one else on the planet can play these characters. I personally welcome new actors for the roles.

There was no way Bale would ever have gotten close to this thing, anyway. I'm glad they will stay with their own series. Well Bale, anyway. Routh may not have a Superman to come back to.

I can tell in your posts that you just love your fellow Hypers. :cwink:

I can see your point, though. I was always for Bale playing Batman, but Routh and Welling's followings clashing over "who's the best" bugs me to no end. I'm just fine with someone else playing Superman.

Routh vs. Welling annoys you and yet you want someone else playing Superman?!? Then it'll just be Routh vs. Welling vs. the JLA chump. That's not what we need!

Casey said:
There was no way Bale would ever have gotten close to this thing, anyway. I'm glad they will stay with their own series. Well Bale, anyway. Routh may not have a Superman to come back to.

I really dont think Bale would be as opposed to doing this as people think. Not under the right circumstances. I know he's expressed interest in a Batman/Superman film before. Besides, he's playing John Connor in the new Terminator movie, it's not like he's stuck up about what kind of roles he takes on.

My caution about the project isn't due to not having Routh or bale, but by the rushed script, director attached, the way in which it's being promoted and pushed, and the general production ethics.

I say i got 40% faith left on this film, but if we dont get anything in the next few weeks or what not then it will drop to 0%. Yes i would have liked if wb waited to after third batfilm and another superman and maybe get gl, flash, or ww solo film out first before going with teamup film.

agreed... why is it that WB can't seem to follow a logical path to any superhero movie franchise? (BB being really the only exception to that observation)

Older men (30s/40s) tend to be more inspiring as leaders than prettyboy 20 somethings.

I ment as opposed to other justice league members. As in I'm all for an older Justice League Cast but Superman doesn't necessarily need to be older than say maybe Aquaman or Batman just because he's leader..... :)

I never had faith. I thought this movie was a bad idea to begin with. It's over-saturating the market. People are going to get sick of this genre faster if you have 2 different batmen and 2 different supermen running around. If those movies didn't exist, I'd be for it, but not at this point. I wouldn't want a Batman vs. Superman at this point unless it was the Batman Begins and Superman Returns universes combined. I'm pretty happy it's going nowhere. But that's just me.

Yet Bale will attach himself to a 4th Terminator film directed by McG of 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle' fame. :whatever:

well t4 director might be crap to some cause of the charlie angels films but his other film we are marshall is good people say, and most think if bale picked to do t4 it had to be a good script because he only does certain kinds of films and all that. We will just have to wait and see what happens with it. I hope it is on par with T1 and T2 and not crap like T3.

Yeah, right, you think McG is going to produce a film on par with James Cameron. And I'm Papa Smurf. :dry:

well it is shaping up to look good we will just have ot wait and see what happens once that starts filming later this yr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"