Comics Doesn't anyone else read Spider-Girl??

Originally posted by Nicholas
Now you've REALLY got me confused as to what constitutes the "regular continuity." Is that what's going on in ASM? And aren't Peter and MJ separated?

Didn't mean to confuse you bro, but if go back to Amazing Spider-Man 400-sumthin' during the Gathering of Five arc, Spider-Girl fast forwards like 15 years into the future. They, (Peter & MJ), find baby May, Peter lost his leg, and the rest is history.

- :venom:BSM

Anyone got the latest scoop on the next ish of Spider-Girl, BEFORE it comes to mile high's first look section? If so, let me knows so i can start a new thread.....Thanks!

-:venom:BSM

For Anyone who wants an extra does of our favorite web-spinnerete, check out the Spider-Girl Message Board.

http://www.comicboards.com/spidergirl/

Enjoy! And Tom Defalco posts on the board from time to time or If he gets asked a question!

The only thing i dont like is that make mayday look older. I remeber one issue were peter said "put down my 15 yr old daughter". She's 15 but looks alot more like a 23 yr old. Besides that its a great read oh wait no that self narration is getting a tad-bit annoying and the use of "girl", but thats it.

Hey wahts the skinny on DARKDEVIL? i dont know his origin can someone clue me in.

Originally posted by B-bot
The only thing i dont like is that make mayday look older. I remeber one issue were peter said "put down my 15 yr old daughter". She's 15 but looks alot more like a 23 yr old. Besides that its a great read oh wait no that self narration is getting a tad-bit annoying and the use of "girl", but thats it.

Hey what's the skinny on DARKDEVIL? i dont know his origin can someone clue me in.

You think May looks too old? The haircut was a big improvement, but i think she looks fine. More mature, but not old- well to me that is! And for ol' DarkDevil, he's the son of Ben Reilly. He inherited his fathers' spider powers', BUT unfortunately also his degeneration diease. Kaine came to help by placing him in a resucutation chamber to heal him of the diease, where he remained for months, and as for Kaine, he was still muscle-for-hire by the Kingpin when DareDevil bursted in with evidence to take the Kingpin down, but was killed by saving Kaine's life. Kaine, wanting to pay DD back, tried to revive him to no avail, and went as far to using mystic arts to bring DD back to life. Then he called on Zarathos, the spirit of vengence,(who cured Kaine of his degeneration diease), to reanimate DD, but saw DarkDevil-(whose real name is Reilly Tyne), and entered into his body to possess him. Then the spirit of DareDevil came to root out Zarathos from the boy, and was successful. But Zarathos made young Reilly go from a 13 years old to an adult in his early 20's, and left his markings on him- pastry colored skin, fangs, horns, and pointed ears. He went on to blame Kaine for what happened to him, and tried to figure out a way to regain his human appearence. He went on to research the arts, and was able to morph into his human features. Having the spirit of Matt Murdock in him, he went to study law, where he interned for Foggy Nelson, and became a lawyer. So he took DD's orignal costume, and altered it to become DarkDevil. Darkdevil has the ability to teleport, and manifest flaming constructs'. I hope that gives you some info about DarkDevil, bro!

You might want to explain Sophmore to this Swedish-educated dummy. We have three years of High-School here and they're called just that - year one, year two and year three.

Originally posted by Travelling Wave
You might want to explain Sophmore to this Swedish-educated dummy. We have three years of High-School here and they're called just that - year one, year two and year three.

There are four years of high school in the States (Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior). Sophmore is 2nd year.

Well than the Canadian system rules over the American one. Ouch!

We go Junior High from grades 7-9
Highschool From Grades 10-12

In anycase according to the Canuck lingo (Sophomore), May would be in Grade 11, putting her in 16-17 age range.

I hope May starts getting back into her webs soon, I'm going to get severe stomach cramps copping with another 10 issue of no May saying "Should I be Spider-Girl?":( :mad: :eek:

Like my earlier posts suggested, I'm really hoping this book can pick up the slack creatively, because it's wandering aimlessly and it's turnning away people who just wanna jump on the book. Continuity is good, but no need to drown in it every issue. Issue 51 was continuety free and that equals good.

A book can only put in so many plotlines before some of them go :bomb: it's already happened in the book and I wish the book would get a more story arch approach. I'm repeating myself aren't I?:)

Hmmm. Then you Canadians have the very same system as us Swedes.

back to the subject; It might be wise to hire another writer for a couple of issues, just to get some new ideas and a bit of a new angle. Wouldn't it be killer to have Paul Jenkins do an arc with Spider-Girl? But I don't think Tom should go, mind you! He's still one of the greatest writers around. He cares about Spider-Girl and that shows.

Originally posted by venom4life
I like Spider-Girl, it's a good read.
dude, I read about Mayday, too...but, honestly, I just can't get addicted..no interesting villians:(

Yeah the villains have never really developed beyond kingpin/Kanis and I mean DarkDevil used to be cool and intteresting, now he's just another member of the super-team for 2 dimensional characters!

OUCH! That was harsh, but beyond Kingpin/Kanis and the Faces (where interresting but not enough to be a center stage villain), there aren't really any intteresting villains.

Mays support group is way too big (IMO)...

back to the subject; It might be wise to hire another writer for a couple of issues, just to get some new ideas and a bit of a new angle. Wouldn't it be killer to have Paul Jenkins do an arc with Spider-Girl? But I don't think Tom should go, mind you! He's still one of the greatest writers around. He cares about Spider-Girl and that shows.

Yeah, Tom D. shouldn't go, but the book needs a new angle and new ideas, otherwise it will eventually get cancelled (IMO).

Like I said above May has a support web that's WAY too big. How big has Spider-Man support web been? I mean we as a whole don't seem to like the idea of Spidey being able to have a shoulder to cry on, the same applies with May. I mean her Parents are fine, but when she has such an UNDERSTANDING group of people...I dunno...bleh....she needs to stand on her own and get over the whole "worthy of her dads webs thing". I thought she would have gotten over that after beating Kain. ANOTHER thing (endless loist of complaints:D ) is that all the battles don't seem to do that Characters justice. Taking down a heavy hitter like Kain should have been a full issue in itself. I mean it's KAIN (stronger than Ben or Pete). Instead it was like a few pages (admittedly cool pages it could have been so much more!).

Again, thank all you guys' for your collective thoughts, comments, and all that! I appreciate it very much! Well, with all said in regards to the writting/plots and creative direction, and as i've reread all my Spider-Girl issues- i agree. It's now time to establish May as Spider-Girl, her IT enemies,(like her dad and the Goblin), and stop trying too hard to make this title like the old Spidey issues, (which i like, but now its' time that she's established her own idenity). I love what Tom's started with this book, and maybe its' time to let someone come and breathe new life into the book, UNTIL he can refresh himself from tying up all those loose ends associated with the Clone Saga. (And he did a great job in doing so!)

I think they're preparing to do something on that front, she's now reaffirmed her confidence in herself, Peter is now back in retirement, the loose ends are tied, and this is May's time to shine in HER book! So let's see what direction the next few issues go in, but i totally agree on lettin' Paul Jenkins write this book for a couple issues!! I'd like to see that happen! Lata True Believers.......

Unfortunately it probably won't happen. the man's way to busy. What other writers would you like to see on SG? Who wouldn't you want? I say Kevin Smith (good writer but not for SG).

hmmm good question....

Your right about Kevin Smith not being the right writter for Spider-Girl. I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the evil that men do isn't really grounding itself. Every issue seems to get more and more wacky. While Spidey is wacky, it's almost getting too much now. First issue was the best... 2nd was good, but Cat got wayyy too "wacky" for lack of a better word when they were fighting the scorpian girl. 3rd one seems all the way wacky, it needs to be just a LITTLE serious I mean felicias friend was killed...

Anyway enough about that, I can't honnestly say who should help with the creative direction. However I have a good feeling that the book will only go up from here!:D

Hopefully...

Please don't bring Kevin Smith to anything else Spider-related! LOL!! I'm serious! The guy is talented, but he's not the kinda writer that's universal- in regards to writting for any character and doing them justice, or even creating groundbreaking stuff, (with exceptions to his Green Arrow #1). I wouldn't mind seeing Stan Lee doing a three issue story arc, being that he's so busy doing other projects, or even the ever popular Mr. Bendis! Or even the Millar boys. But you really don't think that Paul Jenkins couldn't make time to do a few story plots, or arcs'? I think anything is possible, if we raise or voices loud enough, it could!

Stan Lee would be a dream. Bendis would also work. But, and maybe that's just me, I'd really like to see Todd Dezago and Mike Wieringo do a couple of issues. That'd be great!

Stan Lee would be a dream. Bendis would also work. But, and maybe that's just me, I'd really like to see Todd Dezago and Mike Wieringo do a couple of issues. That'd be great!

Oh hell yeah, how could i forget Mike? I love his work, and Todd is good as well! Either guy is capable of doing this book some justice, AND taking it to another level IMO. What'dya think T.W. ?:spidey:

Originally posted by BLAQUE-SPIDERMAN
Again, thank all you guys' for your collective thoughts, comments, and all that! I appreciate it very much! Well, with all said in regards to the writting/plots and creative direction, and as i've reread all my Spider-Girl issues- i agree. It's now time to establish May as Spider-Girl, her IT enemies,(like her dad and the Goblin), and stop trying too hard to make this title like the old Spidey issues, (which i like, but now its' time that she's established her own idenity). I love what Tom's started with this book, and maybe its' time to let someone come and breathe new life into the book, UNTIL he can refresh himself from tying up all those loose ends associated with the Clone Saga. (And he did a great job in doing so!)

I think they're preparing to do something on that front, she's now reaffirmed her confidence in herself, Peter is now back in retirement, the loose ends are tied, and this is May's time to shine in HER book! So let's see what direction the next few issues go in, but i totally agree on lettin' Paul Jenkins write this book for a couple issues!! I'd like to see that happen! Lata True Believers.......

I agree. I thought Scott McKeever, who did Spider-Girl $51, wouldnt be so bad. I also liked the artist.

Funny thing; I think the artist of SG 51 is the same as the artist of the short lived Spider-Man Unlimited comic ( a spin-off from the Fox animated tv-show). He reused the "caption-boxes" from the unlimited title.

True, Scott did a good job with issue 51, and the artwork was clean. I'm patiently awaiting 53, and see what we're in for in the upcoming issues to follow. I do believe that our voices are heard, AND have been heard, so let's keep pushing for excellence with Spider-Girl! :spidey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"