• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr. Lecter Invites you to Dinner. The ''Hannibal'' Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this show good? I watched the pilot and kinda stopped there. I saw season 1 on blu-ray and wanted to get it, but hesitated.

It's $20 on Amazon and worth every cent. I can't think of one bad episode in it.

It's $20 on Amazon and worth every cent. I can't think of one bad episode in it.
My thoughts exactly. What a wonderful thing to have a new show that shines on every level. Hopefully the second season will be even better. :)

Hopefully. I can't imagine them ****ing it up though

Yeah, apart from just being poorly rated, having a comedy block lead into this kind of a drama really doesn't make sense. It'd give the audience whiplash.

I have couple of questions, so if anyone could help it would be great. Is Caroline Dhavernas' character still alive on the show, and how much screen time does she get per episode?

Yes, and a good amount. Probably not as much as Dancy and Mikkelson, but she's got to be tied for screentime with Fishburne, I think.

Yes, and a good amount. Probably not as much as Dancy and Mikkelson, but she's got to be tied for screentime with Fishburne, I think.
Sounds good. I barely remember seeing her in the promotional footage so when I found out she was on the show I was surprised. I had the first couple episodes on my DVR last year, but life and GoT got in the way. I have heard many good things about it.

Now that it is out on Blu-Ray watching the first season over a weekend won't be difficult, especially if it is as good as I have heard. Then I can jump on for season 2.

Sounds good. I barely remember seeing her in the promotional footage so when I found out she was on the show I was surprised. I had the first couple episodes on my DVR last year, but life and GoT got in the way. I have heard many good things about it.

Now that it is out on Blu-Ray watching the first season over a weekend won't be difficult, especially if it is as good as I have heard. Then I can jump on for season 2.
I'd be amazed if you don't end up gobbling it, it's an intense show that once you start watching, you can't stop. :)

Started watching this show up until episode 5, but got distracted by other things and put it off for a long time.

However, not too long after I saw the recent "Embrace the Madness" poster advertising the release date and time, which sparked my interest in the show again, I saw the blu-ray (just got a blu-ray player for Christmas) was at Best Buy for only $20 (such a steal) about a week ago, so I snatched that sucker up and watched the rest of the season up until just about an hour ago.

Loved every single moment of it. Without wanting to repeat a lot of what others have said, every actor in their respective role is awesome, every line is so well written, and every scene is so beautifully photographed. Regarding the cinematography, a couple of users brought up David Fincher and Tarsem Singh as examples, and I'm inclined to agree. There's just something so unsettling, yet beautiful, about the way the series is shot. This show is so meticulously crafted in pretty much every aspect.

In other words, this series is awesome. :woot:

February 28th can't get here soon enough!

Thank you!!! Finally somebody agrees with me about the Tarsem Singh stuff! Lmao

Thank you!!! Finally somebody agrees with me about the Tarsem Singh stuff! Lmao

I think it's because Tarsem Singh is known for using a lot of disembodied, otherworldly and abstractly beautiful imagery in his films, and this show has a lot of that, particularly with Will Graham and his envisioning how the crimes happened, his dreams/nightmares, etc.

The real-world stuff is very reminiscent of David Fincher.

My sentiments exactly. Singh's work, especially The Cell, used a ton of paintings and art as inspiration and I feel Hannibal hits a very similar chord. Although, Im not sure if they've used any actual art works as inspiration on Hannibal

Just caught up and finished the first season. Quick question, did they show the first season on Hulu? I know a lot of NBC shows are on there, and I probably won't have TV for when I move to my new place.

This is on Fridays this year? **** NBC. Really, **** them.

I think it's a blessing in disguise. This show should thrive on Fridays like Grimm has.

Friday is great for me. :) It doesn't conflict with anything I am already watching.

Friday is my 'Monday', works for me too! :D

From the minute I see Bryan Fuller's name attached to anything, I always temper my expectations for it to probably not last more than 2 seasons. I hope this one does, but I won't expect it. I've been hurt too much before :(

Hannibal Season 2 - First Look Promo
[YT]HGOk4Qol7QI[/YT]

Oh man. That was awesome! But. I need a trailer. Now. Right now. Right ****ing now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"