Guardians of the Galaxy Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully just a rumor. Purcell has settled into the straight to video phase of his career. Bit parts and crappy action b movies are in his future, not big budget tentpoles.

Last edited:
He was one of the first actors that came to mind for the role for me

If Purcell got the role I wouldnt be dissapointed, think he could actually do well with it. He wasnt bad as Drake in Blade 3, even though his character was written poorly.

When I saw the pics of the character I thought of Matt M. in Reign of Fire. He was pretty good in that actually. Not saying I'd want him for the role as he's largely hit and miss.

Imagine how much the internet would break if Matthew Mocconughey got the role of Drax...

scaled.php

It would but really just an example of them not needing a bodybuilder for that type of role. Matt M. can only play lawyers and stoners effectively lol.

There's no way GoTG is getting anywhere near Avengers money.

It doesn't have to in order to be a success.

I estimate between 200 and 350 million worldwide. Even with phenomenal marketing and ratings. I mean no disrespect. I actually don't think the movie will flop. That is, I have hopes that it will at least surpass its production budget.

However, that doesnt mean we can't call it a cult classic! I love cult classics. Makes me feel like I'm a part of something. :BA

I imagine merchandising will be successful too. Plenty of characters likenesses to exploit.

Last edited:
I estimate between 200 and 350 million worldwide. Even with phenomenal marketing and ratings. I mean no disrespect. I actually don't think the movie will flop. That is, I have hopes that it will at least surpass its production budget.

However, that doesnt mean we can't call it a cult classic! I love cult classics. Makes me feel like I'm a part of something. :BA

I imagine merchandising will be successful too. Plenty of characters likenesses to exploit.

You do realize a film has to double it's production budget to break even right? 200 M would be a disastrous flop for GOTG. Then you factor in marketing costs on top of that, and $350 M becomes the absolute worst a $150 M budgeted film can perform and still be considered "a success".

I expect Captain America TFA #s for GotG. The Avengers 2 tie-in factor should get it there.

I expect Captain America TFA #s for GotG. The Avengers 2 tie-in factor should get it there.

Very true. I think the success of Avengers will move every Marvel Studios film up a tier from where it would've been: Iron Man up to roughly 800 M, Thor to 600 M, Cap to 500 M, and GoTG, which would've probably been a Green Lantern or John Carteresque Bomb, into 350-400 M territory.

Jury's still out on the man on the Ant-Hill...

Ant-Man at least benefits from likely having a much smaller budget.

Hehehe...a smaller budget... I get it.

You probably weren't trying to make a joke but I found it funny anyway.

Interested in seeing how much of Drax's Origin will make it into the film! Can't wait!

annihilation_4.jpg

Interested in seeing how much of Drax's Origin will make it into the film! Can't wait!

annihilation_4.jpg

I think they might make Drax and Moon Dragon Eternals of Titan, just to simplify their origins a bit. The idea of a dead saxophone playing real estate agent being resurrected by a discorporated Space God to kill said Space God's grand son is a bit hard to swallow.

Last edited:
I personally hope a lot of Drax's comic-book history stays in, especially the bit about Thanos killing him and his family and being resurrected by Kronos.

I think it would be a very interesting arc for him and develop sympathy for the character.

Yeah i assume he'll just be an alien. His original origin is so random.

I personally hope a lot of Drax's comic-book history stays in, especially the bit about Thanos killing him and his family and being resurrected by Kronos.

I think it would be a very interesting arc for him and develop sympathy for the character.

You can do that with him being an alien. Also, if they don't want to use Moon Dragon, they could simplify him by having him be an Eternal of titan who's family Thanos wiped out. No Death and Resurrection.

Drax, eating pancakes

DLGIe.jpg

(Make it so, Marvel :argh:)

What's the Rock's schedule like for when GotG would be shooting?

He seems to get attached to all kinds of stuff.

If Rock's biggest issue with Drax is the voice.. I'm confident even The Brahma Bull can work on it to the point where it will be fine.

I don't expect him to bust out "FINALLY, DRAX HAS COME BACK........TO KILL THANOS" in full Rock Glory.. Though.. that would be classic.

If Rock's biggest issue with Drax is the voice.. I'm confident even The Brahma Bull can work on it to the point where it will be fine.

I don't expect him to bust out "FINALLY, DRAX HAS COME BACK........TO KILL THANOS" in full Rock Glory.. Though.. that would be classic.

Chris Evans didn't doesn't and won't ever have the right voice for Captain America. Most people are still happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"