Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the threads I'm in that have been switched over are any indication, this new small thread rule is just going to drive posting up!

Seriously, when's the last time Flagons has been this busy?

If the threads I'm in that have been switched over are any indication, this new small thread rule is just going to drive posting up!

Seriously, when's the last time Flagons has been this busy?

I'm bringing this new system to it's knees!

Fight the power!!! :argh:

I say the Bat forums just get made into their own site. That will solve every problem.

Or just burning them.

Either one.

But I prefer option B.

While we're on the subject, many of us are fans of the Secret Six series, yes? Definitely one of the best team books in recent memory, and due in no small part to Simone's development of the characters.

Now, how close to the third Batman movie do you think Bane will start popping up in all the Bat-titles and much of what Gail has made him into in Secret Six will be ignored?

I want to say Cornell is friends with Simone, but I could be thinking of someone else. Either way, I trust Cornell with B&R if Bane shows up. (Oh **** me, I just realized that Bane could be in 'Batman & Robin'...again!)

Morrison...could either be epically good or epically bad (somehow, he can even manage to pull off both)

Now, how close to the third Batman movie do you think Bane will start popping up in all the Bat-titles and much of what Gail has made him into in Secret Six will be ignored?

With Morrison at the helm of the bat-franchise, you can never tell. He might pop up, but you never know. Joker wasn't really crammed down everyone's throats in the comics post TDK, but there was that mini-series where the guy did a Joker story with a very TDKesque Joker.

I blame the Bat***** crazy Batfans for this...

...ok and maybe the Canadians had something to do with it. What, with their 'eh's and their 'aboot's. Makes me sick.

While we're on the subject, many of us are fans of the Secret Six series, yes? Definitely one of the best team books in recent memory, and due in no small part to Simone's development of the characters.

Personally, I'm hoping more emphasis will be put towards Bane's past than his present. His Secret Six stint is enough to gratify the character through continuing adventures, but there are alot of great Batman stories from the early-to-mid nineties that have largely been ignored because there hasn't been any new editions of them of recent memory. Vengeance of Bane I and II, a more complete Knightfall collection, Legacy, his return in Legends of The Dark Knight (which is 2000's, but I digress), and others could really benefit from a re-release.

Now, a new mini-series by a talented writer and artist certainly wouldn't hurt. Like Byrd mentioned, both The Joker and Two-Face got such treatment through Brian Azzarello's Joker and Mark Sable's Two-Face Year One. So for Bane and Catwoman to get the same, or perhaps even better quality of mini-series' would be quite cool. But I don't think Bane's portrayal in current continuity gets much better than under Gail Simone's masterful characterization. :yay:

It appears the thread limit's been bumped to 5000 posts. YAY.

The rebellion is still going on though. We will not stop until the machines are gone.

Good luck fighting robots that can't feel pain, don't have compassion, and can interface with any electronic device to track and destroy you.

*eyes blink red*

;)

Thanks for killing my LMD, SF. :cmad: You owe me.

*decapitates the other Syn, just in case-er*

SF has become John Conner....God help us all.

*shoots Syn in the face*

Oh, wait. Syn was a robot?!

*decapitates MB's goats*

:wow:

No...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sombrero_vader.jpg

You mean you don't go to that Japanese restaurant where you pick out the animal, **** it, then eat it? They did have goats on the menu.

And, yes, it was a real place before it was shutdown.

Don't mock my attempts to break onto the fast food scene.

That's just rubbing salt in the wound. :csad:

Hey. You just gotta try again, man. Live the dream!

Personally, I'm hoping more emphasis will be put towards Bane's past than his present. His Secret Six stint is enough to gratify the character through continuing adventures, but there are alot of great Batman stories from the early-to-mid nineties that have largely been ignored because there hasn't been any new editions of them of recent memory. Vengeance of Bane I and II, a more complete Knightfall collection, Legacy, his return in Legends of The Dark Knight (which is 2000's, but I digress), and others could really benefit from a re-release.

Now, a new mini-series by a talented writer and artist certainly wouldn't hurt. Like Byrd mentioned, both The Joker and Two-Face got such treatment through Brian Azzarello's Joker and Mark Sable's Two-Face Year One. So for Bane and Catwoman to get the same, or perhaps even better quality of mini-series' would be quite cool. But I don't think Bane's portrayal in current continuity gets much better than under Gail Simone's masterful characterization. :yay:
Re-releasing Legacy would be such a bittersweet victory, since it's a great story and has been out of print for a good while now (maybe collect the Bane of the Demon miniseries as a TPB as well), but I might cry a little if they did that because I went to great lengths over a period of several years to track down each individual issue of that storyarc. :argh:

What would be really great is if we could see Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan reuniting for a new spotlight or something like that for Bane (Vengeance of Bane III, perhaps? :awesome:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"