Easter Eggs (SPOILERS)

I don't think I even know what TDKR scene you're talking about. Unless the shot of Bruce staring at the TV in Bane's prison all sad?

^^ He posted it another thread and even I don't follow what reference that is.

One obvious reference to TDKR was when Supes reaches out his hand to get the Sunlight, when he temporarily gets knocked out after destroying the World Engine over the Indian Ocean.

xVdzcmb.png

I don't think I even know what TDKR scene you're talking about. Unless the shot of Bruce staring at the TV in Bane's prison all sad?

I am referring to Frank Miller;s The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, there was a scene which shows Supes getting hurt after stopping missiles, and falls on to ground, then he recharges himself using solar powers (through Sun flowers ?)

tTcPCWg.png

jEMsm8p.png

Oh ha, I thought you meant Dark Knight Rises. I guess that could be a reference, if there was a sunflower or any flower in the scene I would definitely agree, but there could be several images of Superman reaching out for the sun to get back into a fight in the comics so hmm, who knows?

Oh ha, I thought you meant Dark Knight Rises. I guess that could be a reference, if there was a sunflower or any flower in the scene I would definitely agree, but there could be several images of Superman reaching out for the sun to get back into a fight in the comics so hmm, who knows?

6exexkw.jpg

The music playing in that particular scene is from the track "Goodbye my son", why would that piece of music be used in that scene ? It is obvious reference to Grapic novel where weak Superman asks mother Earth and Sun to give him energy, similarly, in MOS Supers reaches out his hand toward the Sun, lying on Earth to get powers again, while the lullaby like score plays.

I don't know if I'd call it/or if it was meant as an easter egg

but, seeing young Clark playing around in the backyard wearing a red cape, an posing like a super hero

got me thinking... who is he emulating?
(not saying it meant that any real heroes existed then)

but, what fictional heroes did he grow up reading about it comics, or watching on TV,...

it just opens up the idea that the concept of cape heroes existed

I think I have the answer for you: Clark wasn't emulating anybody. He just grabbed a red sheet and ran around playing with his dog. In turn, he created by accident the superhero concept, which by coincidence, later in his life when he found out about his origins, he would wear a suit with a red cape just like what he wore at this age. And yes, Kryptonians were a caped culture, but given what this movie was suggesting, and rightfully so, that Clark invented the concept and Superman is the first (until we find out more about the sequel) superhero, just like the real world where he is the first, that's what I got from that flashback.

I think I have the answer for you: Clark wasn't emulating anybody. He just grabbed a red sheet and ran around playing with his dog. In turn, he created by accident the superhero concept, which by coincidence, later in his life when he found out about his origins, he would wear a suit with a red cape just like what he wore at this age. And yes, Kryptonians were a caped culture, but given what this movie was suggesting, and rightfully so, that Clark invented the concept and Superman is the first (until we find out more about the sequel) superhero, just like the real world where he is the first, that's what I got from that flashback.

What's to say there aren't comic book heroes in this universe?? Like in Smallville there was Warrior Angel. Why can he not have a hero that he looked up to as a child and decides to be a hero like his favorite comic character instead of saying, "Well I was Superman for a day....let me hide this damn costume and hit the road again and go back into hiding". I'm just saying he could have a hero that he looks up to in comic books

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"