Ant-Man: Easter Eggs & References (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by TheSpectacular, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Broseph44 Witness Me

I dunno about this nitpick, I could've sworn they threw some makeup on him in present day that made him look older than the prologue.

2. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

I caught this as well...

3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What exactly was this? I don't recall seeing her, or even her flashing anything.

4. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

Hard to describe the scene, considering how surreal it was, but at one point, Ant-Man drifts into a shape that seems to turn into an eight sided diamond shape that rotates, so you see him in the first few rotations, then you see the Wasp... It happened pretty fast, so my near 48 year old eyes wasn't sure initially, but it really did look like her... And with Reed's comments, I'm pretty sure it was...

5. TheVileOne Registered

Looked more like Ant-Man to me.

6. Silvermoth Avenger

Adored the spider-man ref. Tom and Paul will have a lot of chemistry as actors and as characters I reckon. Plus you can pass up a joke about how they're both based on insects.

7. spider-neil spins a web any size!

The Spider-Man reference actually gave me goose bumps.

8. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think the shrunken tank was a homage to how Pym used to shrink all kinds of weapons down and keep on him to be used later in West Coast Avengers.

9. AgentGojiraRgr AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I heard the figure seen flashing in the quantum realm isn't Wasp, but one of the Cosmic Entities

10. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

the eight (or so) views were rotating, so while the first few was of Ant-Man, it "appeared" to me like one of the rotations showed the Wasp...

11. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yep, one man Swiss army knife Hank Pym :up:
    Peyton Reed said implied it was Janet
    If I remember correctly it looked like a woman

12. Mysteryman Registered

Peyton Reed Implied in an interview that Pym's house was full of shrunken objects.
    Anybody catch any?

13. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I could picture movie Hank saying something like this in regards to Janet being trapped in the Microverse/Quantum Realm

[​IMG]
    The silver convertible car Hank drove to Pym Tech was on the table when Cross showed up at Hank's house.

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

It would be cool to keep your car on your table. The problem with having things these days is that there is just a lack of space. If you want more than one car, you need a twin garage. Even having one car is difficult if you live in an area that doesn't have garages but you're required to park on the street. Not only can parking spaces be hard to find in some cities but also you might have to pay parking.

If you could just keep your car on your table or in your pocket when you go somewhere, that would solve everything. If you're moving house as well, it would be so easy to shrink everything down and transport them that way.

There would also be no excuse for hoarders to live in a cluttered house.

15. SSJ4_Haruhi Get F4 back to Marvel!

Was there definitely some hidden stuff in the Microverse? I remember reading an article about a week ago saying there'd be stuff we'd easily miss like when he flies to the Avengers HQ and stuff like that.

I didn't stop anything, though it was all quite surreal to take in.

16. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

It's funny how Janet got a similar 'demise' to comics Bucky.

17. Mai Registered

Loving the Spider-Man reference! :). Can't wait to see this movie again. (Saw it yesterday)

18. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

Did anyone lose an arm or hand in this like in the other Phase Two films? I can't remember.

19. Creo Registered

Damn, I meant to look for that and totally forgot. I'll watch for it next week when I see the movie again.

20. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

It technically happens to Cross when he is being crushed. His right arm is the first to go.

21. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Cross's painfully arm shrunk before he died and Hank got shot in the upper chest which resulted in his arm in a sling.

22. cph9fa Registered

Yes! I thought I was the only one that noticed it. Howard Stark's Nitramine Bomb (had to Google for the name).

(They never called it that in the film, but it's pretty obvious that that's what it was supposed to be.)

#72 cph9fa, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  23. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I thought the explosion and implosion looked familiar but couldn't place it at the time. I don't remember Scott stealing any of that stuff since he was just after the signal jammer device thing so I believe it may have come from Pym's stash of it.

24. cph9fa Registered

I forget exactly how Pym said he came by it, but yeah, it was from SHIELD, and wasn't what got stolen from the Avenger's Facility.

Also, might this be the first time that something from a Marvel TV show has resurfaced later in a film? Usually the arrow goes the other direction -- I mean... I know Agents of SHIELD was able to work around the downfall of SHIELD in Winter Soldier, and the retcon that Coulson saved the original hellicarrier for Fury, and was responsible for Hydra moving the scepter to Sokovia. But those were tacked on, as a matter of knowing what was already coming up in the film, while in this case, it seems more like something that was originally invented strictly for TV was deliberately reused on the big screen. Or did the Ant-Man film already have an implosive device in the script, and Agent Carter decided to foreshadow it?

Edit: Upon further reflection, I'm not so sure. It seems that Ant Man started filming about a month or so before Agent Carter, so the idea for the implosive bomb may well have started in the film script. If so, that's some impressive foreshadowing in Agent Carter.

#74 cph9fa, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  25. AgentGojiraRgr AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

It was more similar to the Dark Elve's black hole grenades