Ant-Man: Easter Eggs & References (SPOILERS)

When Scott leaves the house after the final battle, his shadow makes reference to Peter Pan( I think. Correct me if I'm wrong)

I thought the implosion was because of the shrinking "Pym particle" replicate Cross had inside the building that made the explosion shrink?

I thought the implosion was because of the shrinking "Pym particle" replicate Cross had inside the building that made the explosion shrink?
Well, now, that would make way too much sense... I guess I have no choice but to concede that that is probably the case. :yay:

Was anyone else hoping for a Micronauts Easter egg when they went to the Microverse?

5 spoilers/references you need to know

http://io9.com/the-5-ant-man-spoilers-you-absolutely-need-to-know-1718614546

Interesting that the Spidey one wasn't even meant to be about him originally

For some reason I'm having trouble believing that, but I don't know why they'd lie. Didn't she flat out say, "guys that swing and stick to walls?" There's only so many characters that could be. It's almost like saying, "flies around with a hammer and punches people" but then saying it's not necessarily Thor.

As I recall, it was said in a way that, at least grammatically, implied they were (or might be) different people with different abilities. Something like "We've got a guy who jumps, a guy who swings, a guy who climbs walls..."

For some reason I'm having trouble believing that, but I don't know why they'd lie. Didn't she flat out say, "guys that swing and stick to walls?" There's only so many characters that could be. It's almost like saying, "flies around with a hammer and punches people" but then saying it's not necessarily Thor.

I'm having a hard time believing that as well. I mean they had to have known how that sounded when they shot it.

When Cross had his hand scanned to get into his building, the security computer said “12 point scan verified (or some other words i forget), but it’s a continuation of the number 12 that marvel has used in a few movies although usually as 12 %.

Was there an OsCorp reference or Easter Egg anywhere??

I was very disappointed there was no Zoolander/ants reference when they showed the model.

Yes! I thought I was the only one that noticed it. Howard Stark's Nitramine Bomb (had to Google for the name).

(They never called it that in the film, but it's pretty obvious that that's what it was supposed to be.)

It was more similar to the Dark Elve's black hole grenades

The Dark Elves 'black hole' grenades were the first thing that popped into my mind as well (probably since it's been a while since I watched Agent Carter).

Part of me wonders, if all 3 (Howard's Nitramine Bomb, the DE grenades, what Pym/Cross particles do when 'unrestrained' or are involved in an explosion) aren't all at least *somewhat* connected. maybe tie into roughly the same science (and maybe all tie into the Quantum realm somehow?) but just due to the way each person who's creating/tinkering happens to tap into that science have some different results/behaviors/aren't exactly the same due to how it's executed differently?

If that makes sense (which it probably doesn't).

I wonder if the shrinking due to the explosion of Cross' particles was unintentional. They didn't get to show the characters reactions to that happening, but if they knew the whole building would shrink to nothing, why bother erasing the hard drive data of the Yellowjacket and particles? I think they just planned to wipe the drives, blow the particles, but the actual explosion caused an unplanned chain reaction.

Also, I think I noticed Janet in after Scott goes Sub-Atomic, though it differs from the link above, maybe...hard to tell if unless you're going frame by frame. But right before Scott shrinks into the final portion of that journey, (Cassie yells "Daddy!" and he slips into the dimension made mostly of reflective glass or whatever), I am almost positive I saw a female silhouette reflecting off his helmet.

Actually, it's not the same model. Looks like someone simply decided to be cute with photoshop.

[YT]_6GqqIvfSVQ[/YT]

Am I the only one who thinks seeing Janet in the microverse would make no sense whatsover?

By my limited understanding of physics, I am thinking the 'microverse' means that you shrink to molecular level, seeing electrons and nucleus and such and get lost there, meaning that even if Janet is alive she is probably still stuck in the molecules of the material of the Russian Missile somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic while Ant-man was in the microverse of the Yellow Jacket suit and later the air of Cassie's room, it would make no sense to see Janet when she is thousasnds of miles away

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks seeing Janet in the microverse would make no sense whatsover?

By my limited understanding of physics, I am thinking the 'microverse' means that you shrink to molecular level, seeing electrons and nucleus and such and get lost there, meaning that even if Janet is alive she is probably still stuck in the molecules of the material of the Russian Missile somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic while Ant-man was in the microverse of the Yellow Jacket suit and later the air of Cassie's room, it would make no sense to see Janet when she is thousasnds of miles away
It is a comic book movie. Applying real science to a fictional world is sort of pointless because it is fantasy. Pym particles don't exist in real life so the science behind them doesn't exist either ;)

The G-force in the Ironman suit for example would probably kill Tony Stark.

The Microverse (quantum realm) is a completely different plane of existence.
They said in the movie space and time are irrelevant in the quantum realm.

If space is irrelevant then anyone who shrinks down into the quantum realm could arrive at the same point of entry. You are entering a dimension outside of the normal space time continuum.

Honestly, it looked like its not even a different dimension, so much as "your mortal concepts of locality are irrelevant here". Anybody who hits the Microverse is everywhere, and nowhere, simultaneously.

Wouldn't Janet starve to death in quantum realm?

Well,if time really does move differently in the Quantum realm, then to Janet , it might feel like the next day or maybe she thinks only a few hours passed .

Well,if time really does move differently in the Quantum realm, then to Janet , it might feel like the next day or maybe she thinks only a few hours passed .

Yep :up:

She is outside the normal realms of time and space so she may of been trapped for decades but it may of been minutes or hours for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"