Ant-Man: Easter Eggs & References (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by TheSpectacular, Jul 9, 2015.

1. NotSoLongAgo

NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

You just have to remember that this is Luis and his stories are basically a game of telephone. So by the time it reaches him/he says it, it's changed.

Unrelated: when scott shows his crew the suit, Kurt says "that's the thing of gypsies, sorcery!" Obviously not really an easter egg but it seems like intentional wording.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. gdw

gdw Well-Known Member

As mentioned, the usual rules of time and space do not apply.

3. Octavias

Octavias Mad Insomniac

Re the second after credits scene....

Bucky's robotic arm is severely damaged. he is in a mechanics garage and his arm is in some sort of press. This is clearly meant to happen in the middle of or just after the Civil War storyline, which is why the references to not being sure Tony would help come into play. either they cant contact him because they are on the run or he is holding a grudge... That is also why Falcon brings up Ant man... the tech ability to repair the winter soldier..

also I hope everyone got the rocket scene where Pym loses Janet was directly lifted from the old Captian America/Bucky story where Cap loses bucky and is frozen while stopping a missile.

4. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

i think they need some tech from stark but can't tell him cause he might be against it.

also, was the giant man reference mentioned before?

he used that growing disc on the suit to escape the microverse...which for me was like...
    he'll do it when in normal size too

5. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

SCOTT: Bud, this is going to be sooo awesome. You and me, a team. The insect heroes, together at last.

PETER: Actually, it's a common misconception, but the spider is not an insect. It's an arachnid. A totally different taxonomic class.

SCOTT: .... riiiight. This is going to be one of those really painfully long days with you, isn't it?

6. TheVision

TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

I bet Scott will shrink down and find some way to get Buckys arm out of the vise. Great way to turn them all into pals too. "Remember when I first met you guys, I had to get Bucksters arm out of that vise, haha" *clink*

7. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I doubt it. I'm 90% certain Cap and Falcon put his arm *in* the vice. Its a way to keep him contained while they figure out what to do with him.

8. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I reckon that too.

I reckon Steve put it there so he could say "hello buck. It's vice to see you!"

9. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

MICROVERSE is just ant-man shrunken. QUANTUM REALM is were he is in the realm of molecules and atoms.

10. TheVision

TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

someone said that they thought a third party mightve put Buckys arm in the vice, not Sam and Steve. Thats why I came up with my idea. If they did it themselves, why would they call Scott? Whats he gonna do?

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Well-Known Member

Maybe "the guy" isn't supposed to be Scott? Maybe it's someone else entirely? T'Challa?

12. Verbal21

Verbal21 Well-Known Member

That would make everything Luis said at the end of the film for nothing. This is a case where there's no need to force a twist just for the sake of it. Everybody knew he was talking about Ant-Man, just roll with it and don't complicate things,lol

13. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Well-Known Member

sorry if this has already been stated - but who was glimpsed in the Microverse ?

14. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Janet Pym (Original Wasp)

15. 4thWallBreaker

4thWallBreaker Well-Known Member

I kind of agree that it was her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's so subtle. More subtle than the cock frame in Fight Club. Lol.

But I've also heard theories of Eternity, but probably not. Eternity is the MU, not micro but the ultimate macro. Heh.

16. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

Since they said they couldn't call Stark, I would be on the side of thinking they need someone with technical skills who can work at microscopic levels to fix Bucky's arm. Who knows, maybe Hydra/Leviathan put some kind of control in the arm and in order for Bucky to be free they have to remove it. Lang has both the engineering skills as well as the ability to shrink small enough to go inside of it to work.

17. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

Had no clue Peggy Carter was going to be in this. Great cameo. Is she still alive? She must be super old now

18. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

She's still alive as of the events of The Winter Soldier (she was 93 in that)