Eddie brock's character arc

Odin's Lapdog

Avenger
Reaction score
Now I thought when this show came out they were going to show how eddie and peter were tight and slowly show the demise of their relationship into hatred.

However, apart from leaving connors and ignoring gwen abit, brock's got nothing to be angry about.

We've also seen very little of him considering the whole season is geared towards him becoming venom at the end of it. There is more time spent on pretty much every other character, even flash thompson.

I don't even think parker has spoken to eddie since the connors incident.

I think spectacular may be making a mistake with this relationship, especially since Tas did a real good job of making eddie hate spiderman right from early on in the show till pretty much venom appeared. In fact the whole way it handled the symbiote was a genius and they are continually following up on it in the films and in this medium.

in short, I feel venom is going to be kinda empty with no real reason for going after spidey/parker from eddie's side.

Well, we still have four episodes to see his hatred for Peter Parker grow. Or maybe even in this upcoming episode. I have faith that they'll handle the story line well.

Remember, the symbiote will change Peter's personality. I'm guessing symbiote Peter will do something to Gwen and maybe getting his job as an intern and humiliating Eddie. It's a thought.

Yea they still have episode 9, 10 symboite start, 11, before we are do to be getting venom in episode 12 or 13. So lots of time to see their friendship dissolve some more. One thing i am hoping for the symboite is they have all the comics powers and all that and dont cheap out like movies did and not having all its powers/weaknesses.

Or, here's the novel idea.

You could wait and see how it turns out before making a thread like this complaining about how it will turn out.

Why, my idea is actually, GASP, logical. Wait and see and then complain? Why, if only more people would do this.

Got it? Comprende? Dost thou fathom?

We still have a good amount of episodes left and I'm sure Brock will start to change more in those episodes. Something between Peter and brock will happen. I just have a gut feeling.

How is he complaining? This is speculation. Speculation worth discussing. By your logic, we shouldn't even have these episode threads made until after the episodes themselves aire.

I've been worried about this too. If Eddie does develop a reason to hate Peter/Spider-Man, it'll feel rushed, at this point. But anythings better than just saying "the symbiote makes Eddie evil. That's why Venom wants to kill Spider-Man."

But anythings better than just saying "the symbiote makes Eddie evil.

Or maybe we're all finding out just how mediocre the character of Brock/Venom truly are. Truth is, there is no justification why Brock should want to murder Peter/Spidey in the funny books. Everyone is looking for the cartoons and movies to make up for what isn't in the comics. Now that's just sad and freakin' pathetic.

Or, here's the novel idea.

You could wait and see how it turns out before making a thread like this complaining about how it will turn out.

Why, my idea is actually, GASP, logical. Wait and see and then complain? Why, if only more people would do this.

Got it? Comprende? Dost thou fathom?
Lol. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I guess he wants to see Eddie get pissed in every episode till Venom shows up.

Or maybe we're all finding out just how mediocre the character of Brock/Venom truly are. Truth is, there is no justification why Brock should want to murder Peter/Spidey in the funny books. Everyone is looking for the cartoons and movies to make up for what isn't in the comics. Now that's just sad and freakin' pathetic.

Well bully for you. That's why the cartoon is taking newer steps for this Venom. How is that sad and pathetic that we would want a radically new spin on Venom?

I'm guessing you didn't like the new additions Superman: TAS added? The background behind Kal-El? Brainiac and Lex Luthor new/modern revisions? Fact is, every villain, even the classics that didn't need improvements, are going to get new takes on them. You could say that there was nothing wrong with Doc Ock's comic origins, but the new cartoon still improved on that. So why wouldn't we want to find better reasons for Venom's actions in the shows and movies that weren't there in the comics? I for one didn't think 616 Brock's reasons for hating Spider-Man were bad. Flawed, yes.

We still have a good amount of episodes left and I'm sure Brock will start to change more in those episodes. Something between Peter and brock will happen. I just have a gut feeling.
Of course there will. Everyone should just be patient and see how it plays out. Then praise it or criticize it.

Or maybe you're are so closed minded that not even the light can can escape the swirling, empty void. Granted, you don't like Venom and that is perfectly fine. I'm not holding that against you, but to simply say what you just said, and then pass it off as "fact" is unacceptable. Nobody is looking in the movies and cartoons for what isn't in the comics, that is a ridiculous notion.

The justification is clear as day. In 616, Eddie Blames Spider-Man for ruining his career, in turn ruining his own life. Yes, it may be contrived, and yes it's delusional but I don't think Eddie Brock is the most sanest person kicking around. He is a psychopathic man, this has been established. At it's core, it works. It's the overexposure which ruined 616 Venom, but there have been a few good stories. Most recently, "The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock" which deals mainly with Eddie Brock.

In Ultimate Spider-Man Eddie Brock is a slimey worm whom only looks out for himself, oh sure he may seem like a nice guy at first, but he certainlly did feel betrayed by Peter when he stole the "suit", and to top it off, destroy the last sample of the "suit". It was all that was left of their fathers legacy, he had every right to be pissed off, but was he truly ready for the consequences after letting the suit overwhelm him? Perhaps not, but he wanted Peter Parker dead. And guess what, Ultimate Venom was a sucess, plus he wasn't overused. And thats the way it should be.

The Spider-Man TAS of the 90's took the 616 Venom, and completely turned it around. It took elements from 616 and they put there own spin on him. And it worked great! As for SM3, it was a mixture of both 616 & Ultimate which truly worked wonderful. Yeah, there are people that don't like how it was handled, but I thought it was wonderful. I am a Venom fan, I have been fan of Venom for years and for many more years to come. Is Venom flawed? Absolutely! But is he so flawed that he cannot operate anymore? Nope, given good writers and imagination, the character can and does work.

I've explained why I'm fan of Venom.

I've given reason why I liked Venom from Spider-Man 3.

And I've given an observation regarding Eddie Brock in the Spectacular Spider-Man series.

Because people have asked me why I'm such a big fan of Venom, i've posted my reasons in the above links.

I still think they should've made Lance Bannon Venom in 616, at least we wouldn't have been put through Venom turning out to be a wholly new character.

The TAS and movie versions are closer to Bannon anyways.

I still think they should've made Lance Bannon Venom in 616, at least we wouldn't have been put through Venom turning out to be a wholly new character.

The TAS and movie versions are closer to Bannon anyways.

Oh sure, Bannon could've worked too, but we'll never know. And remember, Venom was originally going to be a woman seeking revenge on Spider-Man because her husband was killed during a chaotic event where Spider-Man was involved. The woman was pregnant at the time, and labor was induced upon seeing her husband get crushed. They also wanted the symbiote to go from host to host, but none of this saw light. Except for the last part, the symbiote did change hosts from time to time.

To this day, I will always think the pregnant woman would have been the best way to go. I hope it eventually happens in the comics.

For a totally new char, go with the Pregnant woman.

For an Anti-Spidey AND an Anti-Peter, it should've been Bannon. It would've made Venom's "evil twin" cliche complete.

As I said once before, it would be cool to see the original woman Venom idea in a "What if?" story.

eddies going to have four episodes in a row of development. it'll be good.

Three episodes of Eddie, one of Venom.

And that's best case scenario since the first episode is supposed to be about Chameleon impersonating Spidey and him teaming with Black Cat.

Wasn't it mentioned that there was something a little "off" about sPectacular Eddie in the first place? I don't remember the source, but there's a reason he went after Lizard and Electro.

I'm sure were going to get some soap-drama involving eddie though. and venom/eddie was something i counted as "development", thus, four, but thats just based on how you look at it. even when t doesint center on eddie, remember, the arcs are built to be like little movies, no way they wont foreshadow or allude to relationship development from the get go between eddie and peter in an arc that heavily centers on the two.

Well, check out his face when Harry ignored Gwen in "Catalysts", almost as angry as he was at Peter for "lying" to them about not having a date.

He's either got anger issues, or thinks of Gwen as more than just a little sister type.

eddies going to have four episodes in a row of development. it'll be good.
Indeed, I mean, he's had alot of development so far, but the four episodes with Brock really is most likely going to have him change something big will most likely erupt inside Brock, making him go nuts or something.

Wasn't it mentioned that there was something a little "off" about sPectacular Eddie in the first place? I don't remember the source, but there's a reason he went after Lizard and Electro.

i think someone mentioned that he has an anger issue or sucisidal tendencies, something in that vein. i remember someone describing eddie as being a cool guy on the outside, but he's someone hiding darker secrets about his mental health on the inside. i think it was a voice actor interview with Benjamin Diskin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"