Eddie brock's character arc

yeah, in 616 parker really didn't give a flying **** about who venom was and was letting him rant on so he could buy himself some time and reach that raygun thing he had...

Yeah, I still think that it would've been a better reveal to have Venom remove his "face" and show Harry underneath, explaining that the symbiote knew about him from Peter's memories and sought him out, bonding to him and giving him back his memories of how Peter "killed" Norman and how Harry tried to be the Goblin but was defeated.

I really hope that they make him refer to himself and the alien as "WE". It really just stresses the fact that Eddie is dependent on the symbiote and that he really feels he is nothing on his own. It is he fact that he is still struggling to bond with the alien and that there is still the part of the good Eddie deep down there that is salvageable.....carnage says "I", Venom says "WE".

I think Rami nixed this in Spider-man 3 because at times he had Doctor Octopus refer to himself as "We" (himself and the arms) in Spider-man 2 and he didn't want that similarity- but I want Venom to have his line "Call us, Venom".

-R

Well, Peter himself is referring to himself as "We" in "Group Therapy" so I think Eddie will do the same thing.

I think Rami nixed this in Spider-man 3 because at times he had Doctor Octopus refer to himself as "We" (himself and the arms) in Spider-man 2 and he didn't want that similarity- but I want Venom to have his line "Call us, Venom".

Well, in the movies, the tentacles seem to be a lot more "alive" than the symbiote :oldrazz: Well, I even thought Venom was not necessary because we already had a symbiote in the second movie :woot: Symbiote is fails, big living tentacles that can warn you when something unpleasant come your way are win :oldrazz:

There is also the fact that in the movies, Eddie Brock is far more of a bad guy than Otto Octavius, the symbiote just gave him something he has wanted for a long time : power.

have they redesigned venom, he doesn't look anything like his torso heavy self from before....

speaking of topics here, we have yet to see any signs of eddie's natural enhanced strengh in relation to parker, either by seeing him training or other means. They left it late in the comics and in tas but i wonder if it'll be included here considering it wasn't in the ultimate universe.

Get Ready to say...Omg.

Venom for this cartoon will be the most solid design besides Spidey himself.
it's perfect. it's not that much different from the T.a.s. version. the only thing some fans might nit pick about is the symbol. but besides that everythings there.

he looks like a SERIOUS threat.

well there is some other differences between TAS and SSM Venom.

look mostly. We cant SSM venom yet cause we dont know how he is going ot turn out fully just yet.

Yeah, I still think that it would've been a better reveal to have Venom remove his "face" and show Harry underneath, explaining that the symbiote knew about him from Peter's memories and sought him out, bonding to him and giving him back his memories of how Peter "killed" Norman and how Harry tried to be the Goblin but was defeated.
there's only one problem with harry becoming venom

is his hatred for spiderman enough to wish to emulate him

or

would he rather follow in his father's footsteps since he was always looking for his approval.

or

would harry take on board the symbiote and make himself a gobline styled venom instead of a spidey styled one

or is the reveal of harry being the new green goblin enough to warrant staying away from venom altogether.

I can't wait to see the events that unfold in Intervention & Nature vs Nurture

there's only one problem with harry becoming venom

is his hatred for spiderman enough to wish to emulate him

or

would he rather follow in his father's footsteps since he was always looking for his approval.

or

would harry take on board the symbiote and make himself a gobline styled venom instead of a spidey styled one

or is the reveal of harry being the new green goblin enough to warrant staying away from venom altogether.

If it was the comics, Harry wouldn't care about what he looked like if it meant he could get back at Peter (his main problem was lack of powers, no Goblin strength). If it was the movies Harry would claim he chose to keep the Spider-Man appearance to prove to himself he was better than Peter (he was angry over how Norman respected Peter more and treated him more as a son) when he killed him.

Well intervention has finished airing and now we have our venom?

I'm really completely miffed by it all....

Eddie gets told ultimately that he can no longer go to uni because he can't afford it without his research position.

Then in the end he gets to see the symbiote back and even though spidey tries to kill it, he doesn't so there it is alive with all its problems over.

And the dude lets it go?

I have to say I feel in trying to combine tas/comics/ultimates into the cartoon, spec has really dropped the ball in giving us a definitive venom with a decent motivation from eddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"