Eddie brock's character arc

especially because he is aware of how much he knows returning the symbiote to conners would mean.

Exactly, so why does he keep the symbiote when he gets it? Why doesn't he just decide to give it back to Connors?

Well that's easy. We all know symbiote is manipulative. If someone like Parker is swayed to keep it even though his intentions were to return the alien, just think how easy it would be for the alien to sway the mind of Brock, who is much more prone to getting angry which is his weakness, to keep it and do whatever the heck he wants.

I think they are setting Eddie like this so the hole "Protect the innocents" moto sticks better than in the comics. He will still want to kill Spidey, but this way his sense of moral fiber will be more coherent I hope.

Which sucks. Anti-Hero Venom was a terrible idea to begin with and just shows what a psycho he is.

Which sucks. Anti-Hero Venom was a terrible idea to begin with and just shows what a psycho he is.

I dont want a Anti-Hero Venom, that's not what I said. He can still focus his villainess on Spiderman only and leave the innocent alone.
That's the point of Venom: Kill Spiderman. That's it. He won't kill innocents unless he really has to. The end that justifies the means is Spiderman. That's why I like his moto because it's a really psicopatic and twisted moto (not to mention incoherent).

Well, if he DOESN'T hurt innocent people then it's okay, unlike the comics where he killed people when he didn't have to in nearly every story he was in.

Well, if he DOESN'T hurt innocent people then it's okay, unlike the comics where he killed people when he didn't have to in nearly every story he was in.

About the cops he killed to escape:
Don't you think that if he left them alive they would tell how he escaped thus rendering his ability to escape on the next times more difficult ?

I don't mean that. In ASM 300 he killed that kid cop when he could have just as easily knocked him out. It didn't matter because the kid would have been knocked out too fast to see anything more than just some big guy talking to himself and not Venom.

And he could have knocked out the guard at the Vault instead of killing him. They had him under video surveillance so it wouldn't matter if the guards talked or not they'd know how he escaped anyways.

And of course, it came back to bite him in the @$$ when the father of one of the guys he killed formed the Jury to hunt him down.

Hell, Brock even admitted to himself that he was a filthy murderous monster in "Separation Anxiety" but conveniently enough he had forgotten this self-revelation by his next appearance (the suit must have made him forget).

Maybe they'd have been better off making Eddie a semi-friendly rival of Peter's instead of a close friend (that was Harry's schtick) so the animosity would more naturally flow.

Brock was really more of a big brother role than a close friend. I get the feeling that it was the kind of thing where they were both together a lot when they were really young, because their parents were friends. then once they died, they kinda drifted, but Brock still felt an obligation to protect Peter.

I'm not positive how many years difference between the two there is, either. It's quite possible that when their parents died, Peter was too young to really remember them, where as Brock was old enough to really have felt his parents being torn away.

I'm sure there's a lot more to the psychosis of Eddie that hasn't really been surfaced yet.

Granted, a lot of this is speculation.

Eddie is only 2 or so years older than Peter at most.

If they're going the Ultimate route with Peter and Eddie's parents, then both Peter and Eddie remember then (Peter clearly remembers them in Ultimate, they just don't have a lot of Richard Parker flashbacks in the stories).

If they're going the Ultimate route with Peter and Eddie's parents, then both Peter and Eddie remember then (Peter clearly remembers them in Ultimate, they just don't have a lot of Richard Parker flashbacks in the stories).

that's if they're going the ultimate route.

I don't know, I like the idea of Peter actually remembering his parents. It adds to his char that he not only remembers the biological parents who loved him and then died, but then his second father also dies. Shows how despite that much tragedy at such an early part of his life he still maintains a strong moral fiber and isn't consumed by anger and grief.

I think they are setting Eddie like this so the hole "Protect the innocents" moto sticks better than in the comics. He will still want to kill Spidey, but this way his sense of moral fiber will be more coherent I hope.

dude i just read your theory...and it made me think : what if this version of eddie doesn't intend to kill Spidey at all?

when he said "you haven't lost enough yet"

that made me think that he's going to start stalking pete and making his life a living hell rather than just wanring to kill him...
I think venom is being set up to be a somewhat tragic character...

but i REALLY hope they reveal more about his background.
cause he was acting nutso on the bike and it seemed out of character...

I still think Eddie wasn't thinking when he said that. I mean honestly, Peter lost Ben only a little while ago and Eddie doesn't think Peter's lost enough in his life.

What, does he think Peter should lost both his biological and adoptive parents? A guy that self-absorbed and arrogant gets no sympathy from me.

I still think Eddie wasn't thinking when he said that. I mean honestly, Peter lost Ben only a little while ago and Eddie doesn't think Peter's lost enough in his life.

What, does he think Peter should lost both his biological and adoptive parents? A guy that self-absorbed and arrogant gets no sympathy from me.

aha my friend Anwar :cwink:...
let me ask you something that i myself didn't think about until now...

In this version. who raised Eddie?
Peter had a caring aunt and a uncle that took him in.
That may just be the ace up these guys sleeve.

Eddie probably looks at Peter's life and sees him as having everything but taking it for granted.

If they stick with Ultimate, then Eddie's grandparents raised him. Though that may not be the case here.

As for Peter's life being what Eddie wanted it's funny because it seems both have reason to be envious of the other: Eddie is a big strong guy who played football and was well-respected back in Midtown High as well as an intellectual. Peter was a scrawny guy who could hard lift weight in Gym, needed to wear dorky glasses and has been constantly pushed around his whole life (though not soon anymore...) and must have wished he was big and strong like Eddie.

So it seems both had reason to be envious of the other.

Well...Josh Keaton said on that podcast that the best dialog (in his opinion) is at the end of the series.

so im guessing theres some pretty tragic moments between eddie and peter.

If they stick with Ultimate, then Eddie's grandparents raised him. Though that may not be the case here.

As for Peter's life being what Eddie wanted it's funny because it seems both have reason to be envious of the other: Eddie is a big strong guy who played football and was well-respected back in Midtown High as well as an intellectual. Peter was a scrawny guy who could hard lift weight in Gym, needed to wear dorky glasses and has been constantly pushed around his whole life (though not soon anymore...) and must have wished he was big and strong like Eddie.

So it seems both had reason to be envious of the other.

But what Eddie seems to be lacking is Peter's strong morals and deep understanding of things, which was also made clear by MJ, at least that's what I think. Eddie maybe smart or well respected for his skills, but he comes short in understanding the situation and others necessities to greater extent.

Isn't Peter in his first year of high school with Eddie in his first year of college i.e. about 4-5 years difference?

EDIT: Oops, I thought I heard Peter mention it being the first year in episode 1 but he just says the first day of a new year so 2 is probably right since I think Peter is likely to be 16?

Martha said that Peter was 16 in "Interactions", and Eddie is a first year College student (how did he become Connors' assistant so fast?) so he's 18.

Isn't Peter in his first year of high school with Eddie in his first year of college i.e. about 4-5 years difference?

EDIT: Oops, I thought I heard Peter mention it being the first year in episode 1 but he just says the first day of a new year so 2 is probably right since I think Peter is likely to be 16?

Yea Peter's a junior dude.
Eddie is a freshman in college. there's not much of an age difference. but Eddie used to look out for Pete like an older brother.

They've been developing Eddie since the first Ep. I doubt that the character thats been developed the most is the one that they drop the ball with. if Venom isn't good in this series. it will be an EPIC fail.
but i have faith...I mean we haven't had ANY bad episodes yet. all of them have been PACKED with story.

unlike toons like The batman (first season). where you can describe the plot in a sentence and the fight scenes in a paragraph...:whatever:

TV Guide has an exclusive first look at The upcoming Spectacular SPIDER-MAN very own VENOM ! Check out the image!

55837924xp7.png

After weeks of teasing, Venom finally makes his appearance on The CW's The Spectacular Spider-Man this Saturday, and we've got your exclusive first look. The alien menace, a popular Spidey villain from the comics and last year's Spider-Man 3, bonded to Peter Parker two episodes ago. On this week's episode, "Intervention" (airing June 7 at 10 am/ET) Peter fights back, forcing the symbiote to look for a new host — paging Pete's pal Eddie Brock! — and take on the form of the slithery, fanged Venom. :sym:

^wow, nice, looks like Venom will show up at Connor's lab...

Holy ****! He looks terrifying there. Like, "Hey bro, I'm going to smash your face into the ****ing wall!"

I approve.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"