Edgar Wright Leaves Ant-Man!! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Thread Manager, Jul 18, 2014.

1. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

#TeamPeytonReed

2. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Peyton Reed is slowly morphing into Jim Rash (Dean Pelton from Community)

3. MynAmeIsedDie90 Devourer of Worlds

Why are people saying Edgar Wright has been trying to make Ant-Man since 1983? He was freaking 9 at that time.

4. Dyson Registered

I have a feeling Peyton Reed is going to gain a lot of fans after Ant-Man is released.

Reed for the win.

5. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

6. MynAmeIsedDie90 Devourer of Worlds

lol oh my goodness, I'm embarrassed. Dark Raven tricked me twice. I looked up "Edgar Wright Ant-Man 1983" after I saw Dark Raven's post, and I saw another one of his posts saying 1983. Gotta stop breezing through posts

7. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

8. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Edgar Wright was trying to make the movie since 1963 when the Cold War was still contemporary and Hank Pym had just become Ant-Man. You'd think after having taken all that time for numerous one rewrite of his script since then, he would've spotted that he forgot to update that. :p

9. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Cant wait for the full trailer!~

10. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Feige vouches for Reed and said he will blow people away like the Russo brothers did.

11. Dyson Registered

Too many people judge Peyton Reed as a lame choice because of his past feature films. If people actually watch his films again, they'll see that they are very well directed, paced with high energy. The one thing "Ant-Man" needs beyond a good script is high energy through the entire film. Reed will deliver that high energy in spades.

The problem Reed has suffered from is the overall script, especially "The Break-Up" and "Yes Man". Those films aren't terrible but they aren't overly good. That's not Reed's fault. Both of those films were on TV recently so I watched them. They are very well made, well directed and both have a lot of energy. In the end, Reed was working with the material he was given. He isn't a writer but he is a solid director who brings a lot to the table.

Plus, too many people don't realize that Reed isn't only a Marvel fan but he is an Ant-Man fan. Heck, in the 1980s when Reed was playing in a band, he drew himself as Ant-Man on a promotional poster. This guy knows his Ant-Man history. Edgar Wright is a big fan of Ant-Man, yes, but so many naysayers don't realize Reed is just as big of a fan of this material.

I have no doubt that Reed is going to knock this out of the park... just as long as Adam McKay and Paul Rudd's script is great.

12. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Peyton Reed can direct films well. Thats all I need to know. The screenplay/story is Marvels worry and Kevin Feige has said this version of Ant Man is the best they could come up with.

Bring it on! :)

13. warcam Registered

After the Russo Brothers, I don't think I'll ever doubt one of Feige's directing choices again. Go, Peyton!

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I liked Yes Man. It may not be the best film, but it has a relevant message to embrace life and get out of one's apathy by saying yes to more opportunities. You never know how it might affect you or where it could lead you.

Also, is it true that Edgar Wright's mother took 10 years to come up with a first name for him? :p

15. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

I think Peyton will do for Ant Man what James Gunn did for Guardians. It should be a really cool time in the best Marvel movie way. Itll have the quirks, the humor, the badassness, the sci fi action/adventure/the feel good family bonding aspect

16. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I put this in another thread, but I'm already preparing for the numerous people who are ready and waiting for this movie to "under-perform".
    Oh, it didn't light up the box office or sweep away audiences and critics like Guardians of the Galaxy did? FAIL! Marvels first fl0p!!11!
    Regardless how it performs, I'm very interested to see how Peyton does. Marvel has yet to make a less than stellar casting/film making decision, and this is their biggest question mark to date, so we will see how it turns out.
    That's so obnoxious. There's no doubt in my mind that the original script Edgar had would be largely intact even after the MCU blew up and expanded faster than anyone would have ever guessed. So I don't see a point in him exiting the project other than a pride thing on his part. Hell it probably would have done a lot for his career, Marvel would be bringing him to the forefront in ways his past films have not, so stinks for him.

#266 Flint Marko, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  17. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

I keep saying this but if his script/vision was THAT great, Marvel wouldve gone along with it. He just wasnt on the right page with where they were. I mean this was 7 years after MCU began so if theyre not satisfied with his ideas then they def better not go with it.

I have no idea how the film will perform at the box office, but we'll definitely be able to tell if its a good film or not.

18. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Bring it On is the Citizen Kane of cheerleader movies.

19. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

:up:

That's what I hear.
    Anyways, El Maybe apparently said he's hearing good things about Ant-man. I've never trusted the guys scoops in the past but I have no doubt he has industry connections so I'm glad to hear the buzz is good.

20. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

Eh maybe just said they are including stuff from the Wright script during thereshoots. As usually, it is eh maybe, so the opposite of what he claims is true

21. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

It sounds to me like theyre keeping the best of Wrights original script and adding a more cranked up/humorous version by Rudd & McKay. How can that be a bad thing?

22. culver3vlr22 Registered

When I look at the writing credits on this movie it's some amazing talented ppl. I'd say it's the best screen writers the mcu has ever had.

23. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Its almost better that they had Wrights original script to build off of. Its like they took the best stuff from that and added more great stuff to it that fit the MCU

24. Dyson Registered

With Edgar Wright, Joe Cornish, Adam McKay and Paul Rudd all contributing to the overall story and screenplay, and under Peyton Reed's direction, I think "Ant-Man" really is going to be a pleasant surprise for movie goers this summer.

25. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Imagine how often we'd get scoops if Edgar Wright worked for Latino Review. :o