Edgar Wright Leaves Ant-Man!! - Part 2

The stupid Buster Keaton w/ Cornetto picture. Why the **** would he post that? As if he was screwed over by MARVEL and wasnt allowed to run the show how he wanted. He caused that whole situation. Kevin Feige said that he gave Wright notes and Wright was like: Oh you REALLY WANT ME TO CHANGE THAT? YOU REALLY NEED ME TO FIX THAT? then he just left. Some of You guys are in total denial over Wright. You refuse to believe hes at fault. ITS ****ING MARVEL STUDIOS NOT EDGAR WRIGHT STUDIOS.

Wright apparently asks interviewers to not ask him about Marvel, he clearly doesn't want to talk about it

Hes a *****ebag who didnt get to run the show at Marvel Studios and hes bitter/sad about it. Oh well. Time to make Grasshopper Jungle. PBBBBBBBBLT

I read somewhere that the Buster Keaton image was a reference to Keaton's unfortunate attempt to make a studio film.
Apparently, it did not go well.

Last edited:
Hes a *****ebag who didnt get to run the show at Marvel Studios and hes bitter/sad about it. Oh well. Time to make Grasshopper Jungle. PBBBBBBBBLT
I respect the fact that he has not said anything about it .
I am sure the media has given him plenty of opportunities to badmouth Marvel.
He has not taken the bait.

Hes never going to say anything because hes in the wrong. What could he say? "Marvel wouldnt let me do my standalone Ant Man movie so I left"? No. He'll look like a dip.

I have no problem with him not wanting to talk about it, but the picture he tweeted and deleted was passive aggressive (like he really wants to talk about it, but wants to be seen as not wanting to talk about it).

I've said before that I was really looking forward to his movie and I thought it would be quite good, but I certainly don't agree with everything in the way he's handled it.

The stupid Buster Keaton w/ Cornetto picture. Why the **** would he post that? As if he was screwed over by MARVEL and wasnt allowed to run the show how he wanted. He caused that whole situation. Kevin Feige said that he gave Wright notes and Wright was like: Oh you REALLY WANT ME TO CHANGE THAT? YOU REALLY NEED ME TO FIX THAT? then he just left. Some of You guys are in total denial over Wright. You refuse to believe hes at fault. ITS ****ING MARVEL STUDIOS NOT EDGAR WRIGHT STUDIOS.

You come off as a fanboy for arguing that this is 100% on Wright.

The fact is that Wright is not the first director to have problems with Marvel. Alan Taylor, Pamela Jenkins, Jon Favreau, Louis Leterrier, all had problems. Drew Goddard recently left Daredevil because he couldn't work with Feige.

It's not all on Wright.

The fact is that Wright is not the first director to have problems with Marvel. Alan Taylor, Pamela Jenkins, Jon Favreau, Louis Leterrier, all had problems. Drew Goddard recently left Daredevil because he couldn't work with Feige.

It's not all on Wright.
That's new. Where did you get that from? Everything I've heard said Goddard left to focus on his Sinister Six adaptation.

I dont listen to Feraci either. Hes a Wright fanboy and a loudmouth idiot. I feel like Im in a kindergarten class in this topic. A bunch of little kids in denial because Barney the dinosaur isnt real. Heres a quarter, buy a clue.

I dont listen to Feraci either. Hes a Wright fanboy and a loudmouth idiot. I feel like Im in a kindergarten class in this topic. A bunch of little kids in denial because Barney the dinosaur isnt real. Heres a quarter, buy a clue.

Faraci is actually typically criticised for being a Marvel fanboy.

Anyhow, from today, a Faraci interview of James Gunn, the director of guardians of the galaxy
http://badassdigest.com/2014/07/29/the-badass-interview-james-gunn-on-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

I mean, I'm no Wright fanboy. I don't even think I've seen anything else he's directed. And I'd even agree that he's largely at fault here. But I don't hate the man for realizing that the movie he wanted to make was different than the move Marvel wanted him to make, and I certainly don't see anything constructive to come of calling him names. There's nothing to gain from hate. If anything, I'm sorry that his dream didn't work out for him, and I wish him luck in his future endeavors.

Hes never going to say anything because hes in the wrong. What could he say? "Marvel wouldnt let me do my standalone Ant Man movie so I left"? No. He'll look like a dip.

haha. we keep saying "Lets move on" but a small faction of diehards refuse to accept that Wrights at fault and that Ant Man can still be awesome without him directing it. Denial, Denial, Denial. Personally I dont want to live like that. Esp online.

whatadouche

Hahahaha, oh the irony. Between you and Wright, which one has a seemingly uncontrollable and unending urge to run around an internet forum having little hissy fits and outbursts, and which one has declined to comment on the situation?

Yeah, exactly.

It's not all on Wright.

*Loeb. Feige doesn't oversee the TV division.

It's really simple actually. I think that Feige wanted to honor his working relationship with Edgar, and let's be honest this project has been on the backburner for most of that 8 year period. Edgar didn't do much work other than help sit in on meetings where they were developing the special effects and such.

When the project gained traction and they were hiring actors, and things were moving forward, and they had to get a script together, that's when things blew up.

I think Feige was perhaps naïve in thinking that Edgar would be open to change based on how the MCU shaped itself, and Wright was naïve to think that he could make the exact same film he envisioned 8 years ago, before Iron Man came out, before Cap and Thor came out, and before Avengers came out.

Both parties share some blame, but I blame Edgar more for being completely inflexible.

First bold; incorrect, they had a complete script for years.

Second bold; Wright did adapt the script to the MCU, both him and Feige confirmed this last summer.

Also, can people drop this "Wright doesn't collaborate" nonsense. All four (5 if you include Ant Man) of Wrights films were co-written with other people - Simon Pegg on the Cornetto Trilogy, Michael Bacall, and Joe Cornish on Ant Man.

Show me a quote from Wright on the Marvel situation where he said it was his way or no way.

Exactly, he can't do it. You can however find quotes from Wright (and Feige) saying he did adapt it, from last summer.

Yet "The Vision" perfectly content to run around the forum like a 5 year old spewing nonsense in threads that don't even have anything to do with this.

Theres nothing to gain from hate, I agree. But theres also nothing to gain by rehashing this again and again and again and again and again and again. Theres also nothing to gain by making him out to be a victim when hes not. Close this thread please.

Im the bad guy! YES! Im the bad guy because Im telling the truth. Noone wants to hear it. I understand that. Im the 5 year old? Yeah right. Whatever.

At what point does Edgar Wright talk become OT and no longer really appropriate for this forum? Honest Question.

Hahahaha, oh the irony. Between you and Wright, which one has a seemingly uncontrollable and unending urge to run around an internet forum having little hissy fits and outbursts, and which one has declined to comment on the situation?

Yeah, exactly.

:applaud :applaud

I've seen bias fanboys before, but jeez

It's not all on Wright.

Goddard is still involved with Daredevil. He's just not directing it, because of S6

haha "Hissy fits". More like trying to wake people up to the reality of the situation since they dont listen or believe the truth. Thats the way it I guess. I take back what I said about Feraci, hes not a Wright fanboy. Hes a bandwagon jumper. haha Anyway, have fun believing Wrights side of it. I dont think Ill waste anymore time trying to persuade you. Its your call.

Last edited:

It's not all on Wright.

Goddard left because he was concetrating on Sinister 6 and he's still very much involved with the Daredevil project. And when did Leterrier clash with Marvel?:huh: That's news to me. This is the first time I've heard of this. I feel like I need to re-address this. The reason that Marvel's MCU has done so well is BECAUSE they don't just let Directors do what ever they want. It's pretty obvious why Marvel has issues with some directors. They keep a tight watch over their Shared universe so a director has to work within restrictions. That's not normal for directors who are used to ruling the roost and calling all the shots. Love it or hate it, In order to keep tight consistency and to make a shared universe work it needs to be done. Otherwise you get what happened to the X-Men franchise. Different directors doing their own thing fricked it up! This can't be easy for a director but it's the reason Marvel nailed the whole shared universe thing with such success.

TeeKay: Thats exactly right. But dont expect anyone to agree with you in here. Theres some kind of blind belief that Edgar "Untouchable" Wright doesnt make mistakes or have an ego as a filmmaker that could screw up a Marvel movie. Its incredibly tough to come to terms with for some of these folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"