Edgar Wright Leaves Ant-Man!! - Part 2

I mean, I'm no Wright fanboy. I don't even think I've seen anything else he's directed. And I'd even agree that he's largely at fault here. But I don't hate the man for realizing that the movie he wanted to make was different than the move Marvel wanted him to make, and I certainly don't see anything constructive to come of calling him names. There's nothing to gain from hate. If anything, I'm sorry that his dream didn't work out for him, and I wish him luck in his future endeavors.

This...they couldn't come to a compromise so he chose to quit, and he has the right (no pun intended) to do so. I'm sure both parties really really wanted things to work out, but unfortunately they didn't and that's too bad. It doesn't mean he's a doink or Marvel are doinks, they just couldn't work together. Both of them should've realized this a lot earlier IMO, but it's better that it happened now as opposed to during post-production or something...it could've become another TIH situation with Wright refusing to promote it.

Rather than demonize either side, I hope that the current cast and crew of Ant-Man will do their best, and that the 2 movies Wright is doing now will do well and that he'll be happier doing those.

Also that Goddard rumor sounds pretty fake, why would he still be involved as a consultant on Daredevil if he couldn't stand Loeb? They're also using his scripts for the first 2 eps. Pretty sure he stepped down from showrunner because of S6.

Last edited:
*Loeb. Feige doesn't oversee the TV division.

I was going to point that out. But I'd like clarification on the rumor. If the rumor was that he left because he clashed with Feige, than it's nonsense precisely because Feige has nothing to do with it. If the rumor is that he clashed with Loeb, it's possible but he still seems to have some involvement with Daredevil, so I'm not sure. In addition, it doesn't really have much bearing on how Feige handles directors for the movies.

Theres nothing to gain from hate, I agree. But theres also nothing to gain by rehashing this again and again and again and again and again and again. Theres also nothing to gain by making him out to be a victim when hes not. Close this thread please.

Leave the thread if you don't find the topic interesting, it's not up to you to decide what other people discuss.

I was going to point that out. But I'd like clarification on the rumor. If the rumor was that he left because he clashed with Feige, than it's nonsense precisely because Feige has nothing to do with it. If the rumor is that he clashed with Loeb, it's possible but he still seems to have some involvement with Daredevil, so I'm not sure. In addition, it doesn't really have much bearing on how Feige handles directors for the movies.

The wording was that he couldn't work with Marvel, for which I interpreted as meaning Feige.

Faraci is extremely well connected and reliable, so I'll take his word on it.

A lot of people have a hard time working with Marvel -- which doesn't make them the devil.

The wording was that he couldn't work with Marvel, for which I interpreted as meaning Feige.

A lot of people have a hard time working with Marvel -- which doesn't make them the devil.

Well your source is a hack, that's all I can say at this time ..... most definitely NOT why he gave up most of his responsibilities with DD.

Last edited:

Nah, not Feige. It was Loeb. Feige isn't in charge of the TV division, Loeb is.

haha "Hissy fits". More like trying to wake people up to the reality of the situation since they dont listen or believe the truth. Thats the way it I guess.
I take back what I said about Feraci, hes not a Wright fanboy. Hes a bandwagon jumper. haha Anyway, have fun believing Wrights side of it. I dont think Ill waste anymore time trying to persuade you. Its your call.

Cosby%20copy.jpg

"Wrights side of it"? I have no idea what Wrights side of it is because, once again, he has not spoken about it.
I'm working directly from what Feige has said, which is both sides reached an impasse that neither could overcome and so they parted ways. Feige, by the way, spoke respectfully of Wright and seemed genuinely disappointed it didn't work out.

You, on the other hand, seem to have invented an entire narrative around the whole thing where Wright is the mean DictatorDivaDouche invading the pristine, virginal lands of Marvel, and have taken it upon yourself to lead a Crusade against him to try to "wake people up to the reality of the situation" (F***ing lol by the way). Right now you are the angry version of this:

dreams-vs-reality-o.gif

OK, well reliable or not as a source, he can't possibly be referring to Feige, whose involvement in the television side of things has been minimal. Ultimately, that fact makes the whole thing only tangentially relevant, since the same actors aren't involved in both sides.

I'm not sure anyone necessarily disagrees with that. But that doesn't make them saints either. If quotes by Edgar Wright himself are an indication of what he planned to do (which seems logical) it seems his difficulty working with Marvel was due to completely unrealistic expectations. I think he may have made a very enjoyable movie, but that doesn't mean that changes weren't needed (changes he was unwilling to do).

You have way too much attitude and hate over this. Stop being a Marvel fanboy.

You don't need to go ballistic whenever someone implies that Feige isn't Jesus.

Actually no. I know more about the situation than you or Faraci.

You quite clearly can't read btw, since he's still working in the executive producer capacity. So tell me some more about "hate".....

1c96ccf55226534971186d9f7b7ec718f6220b1e32e87588186d22dc1ff89268.jpg

OK, well reliable or not as a source, he can't possibly be referring to Feige, whose involvement in the television side of things has been minimal. Ultimately, that fact makes the whole thing only tangentially relevant, since the same actors aren't involved in both sides.

I'm not sure anyone necessarily disagrees with that. But that doesn't make them saints either. If quotes by Edgar Wright himself are an indication of what he planned to do (which seems logical) it seems his difficulty working with Marvel was due to completely unrealistic expectations. I think he may have made a very enjoyable movie, but that doesn't mean that changes weren't needed (changes he was unwilling to do).

They're not saints either -- much as that might make Rock Sexton go ballistic.

Marvel is running a business. They have a brand and a style that they have to maintain which means that lot of good movies won't be made by them -- that's fine.

They have a brand and a style that they have to maintain which means that lot of good movies won't be made by them -- that's fine.

Fortunately for them they have more than pkenty of good movies in supply to not have to sweat it.

You have way too much attitude and hate over this. Stop being a Marvel fanboy.

You don't need to go ballistic whenever someone implies that Feige isn't Jesus.

45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-Yr7D.gif

Theres nothing to gain from hate, I agree. But theres also nothing to gain by rehashing this again and again and again and again and again and again. Theres also nothing to gain by making him out to be a victim when hes not. Close this thread please.

You don't see the Irony do you?

Last edited:
It's this man .... right?

singer_a.jpg

I'm not really a religious guy but there was supposed to be a second coming of Jesus, I've often though, given how sensitive it could be that what if there was but he was locked in a mental institution or something as nobody believed him or it was considered blasphemous. :wow:

i'm not really a religious guy but there was supposed to be a second coming of jesus, i've often though, given how sensitive it could be that what if there was but he was locked in a mental institution or something as nobody believed him or it was considered blasphemous. :wow:

lol

DA Baracus: If I'm on Team Peyton/MARVEL, how am I losing this debate right now? We own all of the whiners in here. PWNED!!

Meanwhile, Edgar Wrights making Grasshopper Jungle because hes got "artistic integrity"...

lokigiggle.gif

Last edited:
DA Baracus
:facepalm:

how am I losing this debate right now? We own all of the whiners in here. PWNED!!
I get it, you're 15, you're using warcraft terms like "PWNED". I forget sometimes that there are teenagers on this forum, I should be more gentle.

Last edited:
RDJs laugh: thats my reaction to this thread. It really has no weight on anything. It makes no real difference. Its just for whining, arguing that goes nowhere. Wright left, hes not coming back, hes on to other movies. MARVEL is making big moves and giving the fans what they want. So if youre in this forum you should just be cool and recognize the awesome that is Marvel Studios. If you dont, why are you here? Lets all let it go now ok? Really. Just be cool adults and walk away from this pointless discussion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"