Edgar Wright Leaves Ant-Man!! - Part 2

haha. we keep saying "Lets move on" but a small faction of diehards refuse to accept that Wrights at fault and that Ant Man can still be awesome without him directing it. Denial, Denial, Denial. Personally I dont want to live like that. Esp online.

Honestly, I don't think we would have seen an Ant-Man film at all. Hank and Jan would have most likely been incorporated into the Avengers, much like how they incorporated Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Exactly, so the movie taking 8 years to come to fruition is as much Marvel's fault, if not more, the other characters would have got movies first no matter what.

However, Marvel deserves some scrutiny too. They were in love with the idea of Edgar Wright working with them to the point they were willing to do anything to make that happen (until recent events). Now it backfired on them and they still need to work with what they have.

Each side has a lesson to learn from this going forward. Wright shouldn't be working on major properties with a major studio if he can't handle it, while Marvel shouldn't put so much blind faith in a director.

Agree with this.

People need to learn when their point is made. Constantly rehashing it doesn't make it more relevant, it's simply self-*********ory. Move on with your lives. Let the production pan out and revisit this after you've seen the damn film.

Last edited:
mic-drop.gif

"Self-mastubatory" just became my new favorite term.

People need to learn when their point is made. Constantly rehashing it doesn't make it more relevant, it's simply self-*********ory. Move on with your lives. Let the production pan out and revisit this after you've seen the damn film.

And not to mention, it's pretty damn hard to type during self-*********ory sessions! :D

Let me quote someone from the other site:

"That interview with Fiege where he said they removed Ant-Man and Wasp from the Avengers cause Edgar wanting to do this thing pretty much revealed Edgar had been holding the growth of the MCU back this whole time. I'm glad Reed is on board now. He is excited about it and that's what matters most."

The problem with Edgar Wright is that he's been developing this film (yeah I know he's really passionate about it) way way too long, even before the first iron man, I mean, he's not blind and he can see that a CINEMATIC UNIVERSE is growing and developing rapidly right before his very eyes! He must be smart enough to know the ramifications of what Marvel is doing with their Cinematic Universe and his project that he's developing for years and years. Granted that the main reason that marvel is doing this is because of him BUT come on, at least have some decency to return back the favor by just being collaborative about this project, what he did somewhat for me is...took his balls with him and went home.

wright28f-2-web.jpg

P.S.

Glad to hear that Peyton Reed is a fan at heart, I mean the guy just had his 20th Anniversary of attending Comic-con, he's pumped up for this film and HE (with the rest of Marvel Team) knows that this film is Edgar Wright's Passion Project. They will still adapt the DNA of his and Joe Cornish's script and tone for this film. Reed is simply carrying Edgar Wright's work and he knows it and he's grateful for the opportunity and what the so called "FANS" did to him at comic con?

[YT]watch?v=Ua5lUxTqijI[/YT]

Skip to 2:04 to get the "FANS" support.

They boo the hell out of him then laugh at his expense after.

These things sickens me that these people are "FORTUNATE" that they are in HALL H and the least thing they could do is appreciate and support them in making this film.

"There is no greater display of strength than compassion".

Last edited:
let me quote someone again:

"I just don't understand why it took both Wright and Marvel that long to figure out that their collaboration wouldn't actually work out."

Let me REFRAIN MYSELF!

EXACTLY! Much better! Yeah ... took them 2 PHASES! also would like to refrain myself, both Edgar and Feige (Marvel) should be smart enough too see that the MCU is growing right before their very eyes! changes are about to happen -OR- Feige just really want to pay of edgar by having patience with him because after all, they are doing ant-man because of edgar in the first place.

wright27f-2-web.jpg

Hmmm, nope, I didnt understand that.

What I was trying to say...Edgar, Feige and the rest of the Marvel Studios should be smart enough to see the ramifications of the ever-growing, rapid changing MCU right before their very eyes! The question is, why it took them (marvel and Edgar) that long to figure out that what they are doing won't work so they parted ways for the greater good...again WHY IT TOOK THEM THAT LONG TO FIGURE THAT OUT, I mean with the success of Avengers, Feige should've sit down with Edgar right away and bring out their best scenarios for the Ant-Man franchise instead of them having signed 2 big names, close to production already then BAM! They parted ways...add another factor is Joe Cornish joined the fray.

It took them that long because both sides were sincerely trying to work things out .
Unfortunately , it reached a tipping point and both sides parted ways .

LIKE WHAT I'VE SAID ON THE OTHER SITE....

I am now see the positivity on this film because now, more than ever, us FANS are now more interested in this film (kinda ironic to say the least that I was one of those people that are interested in this film in the first place because of Edgar Wright but now I'm more interested in this film that he's gone).

ANOTHER POSITIVITY that I see is that twist of take they're doing with the YellowJacket, if Ironman has his Iron Legion, then I think AntMan will benefit by spawning his creations into individual characters, it expands the MCU and it expand the Ant-Man lore all in one film.

3088822-age_of_ultron_vol_1_10a.i._rivera_variant_textless.jpg

Im hoping they stay partly true to the classic YJ look. Its a really cool costume!

I believe Devin Faraci over at Badass Digest said that it was a color scheme similar to The original Yellowjacket design .

What I was trying to say...Edgar, Feige and the rest of the Marvel Studios should be smart enough to see the ramifications of the ever-growing, rapid changing MCU right before their very eyes! The question is, why it took them (marvel and Edgar) that long to figure out that what they are doing won't work so they parted ways for the greater good...again WHY IT TOOK THEM THAT LONG TO FIGURE THAT OUT, I mean with the success of Avengers, Feige should've sit down with Edgar right away and bring out their best scenarios for the Ant-Man franchise instead of them having signed 2 big names, close to production already then BAM! They parted ways...add another factor is Joe Cornish joined the fray.

It's really simple actually. I think that Feige wanted to honor his working relationship with Edgar, and let's be honest this project has been on the backburner for most of that 8 year period. Edgar didn't do much work other than help sit in on meetings where they were developing the special effects and such.

When the project gained traction and they were hiring actors, and things were moving forward, and they had to get a script together, that's when things blew up.

I think Feige was perhaps naïve in thinking that Edgar would be open to change based on how the MCU shaped itself, and Wright was naïve to think that he could make the exact same film he envisioned 8 years ago, before Iron Man came out, before Cap and Thor came out, and before Avengers came out.

Both parties share some blame, but I blame Edgar more for being completely inflexible.

Both parties share some blame, but I blame Edgar more for being completely inflexible.

Absolutely. Especially when Marvel let Wright keep pushing it back because he wanted to pursue other projects first. Marvel was extremely accommodating to Edgar, but he refused to be accommodating to Marvel.

It's really simple actually. I think that Feige wanted to honor his working relationship with Edgar, and let's be honest this project has been on the backburner for most of that 8 year period. Edgar didn't do much work other than help sit in on meetings where they were developing the special effects and such.

When the project gained traction and they were hiring actors, and things were moving forward, and they had to get a script together, that's when things blew up.

I think Feige was perhaps naïve in thinking that Edgar would be open to change based on how the MCU shaped itself, and Wright was naïve to think that he could make the exact same film he envisioned 8 years ago, before Iron Man came out, before Cap and Thor came out, and before Avengers came out.

You nailed it, man. Inclusive, well thought out and concise. Anything I add about this situation would be redundant.

Yup. You said it all best.

And it pisses me off that Reed was booed and laughed at during the Comic Con panel.

To all those people who booed Peyton Reed... EDGAR WRIGHT IS GONE! HE DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY FAIR WITH EVERYONE ELSE! HE WALKED AWAY WHEN HE SAW HE WOULD HAVE TO REWORK THE SCRIPT WITH MARVEL! HE CRIED AND MOANED! GET OVER IT! PEYTON REED IS A TRUE MARVEL FAN WHO WANTS TO MAKE A GOOD COMIC BOOK MOVIE FOR ALL OF YOU! REED HAS BEEN PROVING HE IS FAN AT HEART! SHUT UP AND WAIT FOR THE FINAL PRODUCT ON JULY 17, 2015! IDIOTS!

Thats the bad part about being a geek when they do stuff like that. Peyton didnt cause the initial problem and if anything hes doing this film for the MCU fans. Those *******s are so disrespectful and dumb

^Yeah, the people booing Reed are out of order, non of this is his fault the guy has just been hired to do a job and though I am sad about Wright leaving I hope Reed gives us a good movie.

LOL, rich isnt the word.

Why does there have to be blame? I think Gunn said it best when he said, sometimes two people in a marriage and eventually they just grow apart because they have a difference of opinion on something and its just not going to work out.

Theres blame. Theres definitely blame. It wasnt a mutual thing. MARVEL makes super hero movies inside a universe and they must keep them connected somehow. when a director refuses to be a part of that, you cant redo the MCU for them. ACTUALLY Marvel did adjust the MCU as we know it to fit in with Wrights Ant Man years ago. Still there has to be some compromise so everyones happy. That wasnt gonna happen with Wright. He doesnt do that. His way or no way. You can see Peyton Reed doesnt feel like he owns Marvel, hes a team player and just wants to make a cool AM film. Not dictate it on his terms.

Last edited:
Why does there have to be blame? I think Gunn said it best when he said, sometimes two people in a marriage and eventually they just grow apart because they have a difference of opinion on something and its just not going to work out.

There has to be blame for gossiping yentas addicted to the drama.

LOL, rich isnt the word.

Here you go ..... this should tide you over until the movie comes out:

http://starmagazine.com/
http://www.usmagazine.com/
http://okmagazine.com/
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/
http://www.tmz.com

Last edited:
Theres blame. Theres definitely blame. It wasnt a mutual thing. MARVEL makes super hero movies inside a universe and they must keep them connected somehow. when a director refuses to be a part of that, you cant redo the MCU for them. ACTUALLY Marvel did adjust the MCU as we know it to fit in with Wrights Ant Man years ago. Still there has to be some compromise so everyones happy. That wasnt gonna happen with Wright. He doesnt do that. His way or no way. You can see Peyton Reed doesnt feel like he owns Marvel, hes a team player and just wants to make a cool AM film. Not dictate it on his terms.
Show me a quote from Wright on the Marvel situation where he said it was his way or no way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"