The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Emma Stone IS Gwen Stacy

I don't think they filmed Gwen's death just yet. I think they filmed the after credit scene, which has her being kidnapped and waking up on the bridge, where she sees the shadow of the Goblin standing over her.

I don't think they filmed Gwen's death just yet. I think they filmed the after credit scene, which has her being kidnapped and waking up on the bridge, where she sees the shadow of the Goblin standing over her.

lol!

Interesting thought. Didn't think of them handling it in that way.

But, here's some more logic to throw your way...

The cost associated with filming on a bridge, permits, etc. is very high. Wouldn't you just do this one time, meaning film the falling, etc. at the same time?

Also, if it was just her waking up on a bridge with Gobbie, in a quick after credits scene, why not just do that in a studio with green screen and not pay the huge cost of filming on a bridge and in the open?

Still, interesting thought, but this (unfortunately) makes sense. Kill Gwen, likely at the end of the movie, leaving us wanting more and more importantly, wanting revenge against GG. The after credits scene could be Peter and MJ consoling each other or Green Goblin forming the Sinister Six (setting upp ASM3 - would love that), or maybe something to do with Peter's daddy. The whole dad thing needs to play out. Will it be in this film, or next time?

Truth is, if they want to work the MJ/Peter angle Gwen needs to go sooner than later. Guess it all depends on how many movies, but likely they're looking at 3 for now. Hopefully they'll go beyond, but after Emma is done will we end up losing our main actor after the third?

Interesting thought. Didn't think of them handling it in that way.

But, here's some more logic to throw your way...

The cost associated with filming on a bridge, permits, etc. is very high. Wouldn't you just do this one time, meaning film the falling, etc. at the same time?

Also, if it was just her waking up on a bridge with Gobbie, in a quick after credits scene, why not just do that in a studio with green screen and not pay the huge cost of filming on a bridge and in the open?

Still, interesting thought, but this (unfortunately) makes sense. Kill Gwen, likely at the end of the movie, leaving us wanting more and more importantly, wanting revenge against GG. The after credits scene could be Peter and MJ consoling each other or Green Goblin forming the Sinister Six (setting upp ASM3 - would love that), or maybe something to do with Peter's daddy. The whole dad thing needs to play out. Will it be in this film, or next time?

Truth is, if they want to work the MJ/Peter angle Gwen needs to go sooner than later. Guess it all depends on how many movies, but likely they're looking at 3 for now. Hopefully they'll go beyond, but after Emma is done will we end up losing our main actor after the third?

True.. I just hope it doesn't get rushed. That's what worries me.

Well newly released set photos of Emma wearing a green jacket and reports that she was filming on a bridge, kind of points to this being it for Gwen.

No, it doesn't; all it means is that they're filming her in a green jacket on a bridge. You're drawing conclusions - conclusions that may or may not actually prove to be correct - and acting as if they're indisputable, concrete fact.

^ I'm drawing LOGICAL conclusions from the evidence on hand. I think you're being a little naive if you can't see how Emma wearing the green jacket and reportedly filming on a bridge isn't likely associated with her death scene.

Can someone post the picture of Gwen Stacey's death from the comic and maybe even a side-by-side with what she was wearing on set.

If you look at both, it sure seems that they chose an outfit that matches what she was wearing when she was killed by GG in the comic. Why do that unless...

Also I don't think my statement of "kind of points to" is the same as "indisputable" and "concrete" as you are saying.

Logically, yes, sure seems like this is it, but 100%, no, I'm not going to say that...

^ I'm drawing LOGICAL conclusions from the evidence on hand. I think you're being a little naive if you can't see how Emma wearing the green jacket and reportedly filming on a bridge isn't likely associated with her death scene.

the only evidence is the clothes she is wearing and that she standing on a bridge, the fact they ain't trying hard to keep it a secret could mean it may end up being a red herring

she may be kidnapped at the end of the film wearing that to set up a cliff hanger, yes wearing them clothes

we don't know anything yet, i know many are masterbating at the thought of her being killed off this film, but actually all evidence suggested rhino would most likely be Cross-species but looks to be proven wrong so don't jump to conclusions

^

1. I think everyone agrees that she's going to die in either ASM2 or ASM3.
2. So the clothes do match the death clothes from the comic, we seem to agree on that.
3. She was on a bridge, which is likely where she will die, we agree with that.
4. Yes, it could mean she dies in ASM2, or it is either a red herring or setting up ASM3.
5. But ask yourself this...

First, will Gwen die by GG? I think yes.

If it was setting up ASM3, that would mean she dies early. Would you really start a movie off killing Gwen, and then try to fit finding GG, dealing with the whole daddy story AND MJ in ASM3?

Or, would it make more sense to kill Gwen towards the end of ASM2, go through the funeral where Peter and MJ, who have become friends through Gwen, console each other. All of which sets up the need for revenge in ASM3, which will also conclude the whole Richard Parker story?

That makes more sense to me...

I would love Emma to stick around for a while, but that is not Gwen's fate.

Look, I'm not jumping to anything. I'm trying to use logic and evidence to come to some POSSIBLE conclusions.

suppose it would depend what would make a better ending to the film

1. another funeral ending like TASM ending

2. spider-man cradling over her dead body, then end credits, bit deep for a film aimed partly at kids though

3. end on what looks like a positive note then gwen if kidnapped

4. film ends with nothing happening to gwen but green goblin cliffhanger

might be one of them or neither of them, who knows

if she does croak in 2, then i'm still calling it no goblin in the film and electro is the killer.

Last edited:
I think she needs a little more classy death than "charred corpse."

I think she needs a little more classy death than "charred corpse."

agreed but who said anything about charred, electro fires a blot which blows something up and she plummets off the bridge

personally the character just needs to die but it has to be by the hands of the goblin.

sadly i dont see that happening

agreed but who said anything about charred, electro fires a blot which blows something up and she plummets off the bridge

personally the character just needs to die but it has to be by the hands of the goblin.

sadly i dont see that happening

thats an odd way of looking at it

I said it months ago, if they have some other villain kill her off, and not specifically Green Goblin, they are doing an injustice to the character.

I think we all need to see Green Goblin drop her and Spidey killing her by accident. If it's just Electro that does it, where's the rage. He'll be defeated and we're through. But if it's GG, like it should be, then there will need to be revenge, revenge that we, the audience, will want!

thats an odd way of looking at it

not really i never cared for the character always found her boring and over played, with her death being the only thing that the majority of people know her for

when gwen was announced for the films everyone knew it would eventually come to her death so in a way she was added to the film to simply die

They could half go the way of the comics and have her die at the hands of Harry some how :huh:.

I think we all need to see Green Goblin drop her and Spidey killing her by accident. !

truth be told they could leave that out and still have her death be a big deal

most people just want it comic accurate though

truth be told they could leave that out and still have her death be a big deal

most people just want it comic accurate though

I agree with you that they do not necessarily need it to be Spidey who accidentally kills Gwen, but I think that would add a lot to the scene. Spidey attempts to save Gwen, but ends up killing her by accident. Would definitely add to the drama and the need for revenge, but overall, as long as she dies at the hands of GG it doesn't need to be the Spidey accident.

Also, Gueststar2004 was talking about some different endings, here's one that is similar to one of his...

- The movie ends with Peter cradling Gwen's dead corpse, screaming for revenge - fade to black...

- After credits scene - GG in a lab, presumably at Oscorp, where multiple experiments are being performed on a few henchmen type thugs. The main one could be a russian thug that we just met during the movie, where he is obviously receiving some form of cross-species drug with the monitor showing a rhinoceros. In the background could be one where wings are bring surgically grafted. And then possibly another where a Scorpion is involved. You get the idea...

Nothing needs to be stated, other than the Green Goblin possibly removing his mask to reveal Norman Osborn and him giving a cackling Green Goblin laugh...

i never thought the impact of gwen's death depended on who killed her, to me is was the death itself that was so tragic about, one more person peter loves dying because he couldn't save them, etc. the goblin doing it added to the norman/peter dynamic, for sure, but if gwen had died by the hands of any other villain in the comics peter would still have been shattered and he would've still blamed himself for it.

genuinely baffled that so many think the opposite.

and it's also kinda effed up to want a character to die just because you think they're boring. it's exactly why they killed gwen in the comics, because they deliberately made mj more interesting, but killing a character off is such an easy way out. a breakup could've sent the message just fine. but i digress.

^ My thoughts are whenever Peter loses someone he loves, which isn't as often as people think, it comes with, as expected, much sorry, but it fundamentally affects his character.

First we start with Uncle Ben, whose death started to teach him the "with great power comes great responsibility".

Then we have Gwen's death. In the comics this death added numerous things to his understanding.

First, that he wasn't going to be able to save everyone. Up until that point he had almost always been successful in saving those who were put in harms way. Sure not Uncle Ben, but he wasn't right there in order to attempt to save Ben. Yes his actions affected the situation, but that is still the "with great power comes great responsibility" thing. Even in ASM1 he was able to save the little boy from the burning car. Yes he didn't save Captain Stacey, but he didn't necessarily love him, although he did/does love the character who loved the Captain. You get the point...

Second, it showed him that there would be times where he had to choose the greater good. With Green Goblin giving him the choice of either the bus load of kids or the woman he loved he was put in a no win situation, and again, although he tried, he couldn't save both.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Gwen dies because of him, per se. Yes, it was Green Goblin that put him in that position, but it was his action of trying to save her with his webbing that actually caused her death ("swick"... "Snap"). In some ways he caused her death and that is something he had to live with for the rest of his life. The whole "what if". ("Don't be dead Gwen. I don't want you to be dead...")

So, does Gwen need to die because of Spidey trying to save her with his web? No, but I think it adds a lot to the story.

Also, does it have to be Green Goblin that causes Gwen's death? No, but my opinion is that so far the villains have not really been villains. For example, the Lizard was a good man under a bad influence. In the end he redeemed himself by "saving" Peter (Why couldn't Peter have just grabbed the side of the building when the Lizard's arm broke apart?). It appears (though we'll see) that Electro will be something similar, meaning he isn't being portrayed (I don't think) as maniacal. And even the Rhino doesn't seem Maniacle. Maybe brutish, maybe thiggish, but not a crazed psychopath.

That's why it needs to be the Green Goblin. His character takes things to a whole new level. He's really one of the first villains that the audience should hate. Again, did you hate the Lizard? Are you expecting Electro to be portrayed in a way where we will hate him? But Green Goblin, this time I think they'll do it right. This time instead of Norman being a "good" guy and just under the influence of his other personality, I'm guessing they will stay away from the bad multiple personality thing and just make Norman what he really is, a psychopath. Doesn't matter how he became that, whether through the serum or not, he is what he is, and that is someone willing to murder knowingly.

That's the real difference...

Looking at all of Spidey's villains there really are only a couple that fit this level. Green Goblin is definitely one, and I'd say Cletus Cassidy takes it even further. Venom came close, but he at least had some level of honor. And I think that that's the difference. Gwen's death can't be an accident, even one cause by a villain. It can't be a stray bolt from Electro that causes her to fall off the bridge. It has to be straight out murder and only a psycopath, one that the audience will want to see Spidey get revenge on, can do this.

I think that is why it has to be GG. He's the only villain that we are expecting in ASM2 that matches this tpe of character...

This is from a recent interview Emma gave when talking about her recent bridge scene...

"Essentially the argument is that Spider-Man kills her by accident, so the person she loves is the person who kills her, which is the most horrifying thing. Apparently people unsubscribed to the comic book when that happened because they were just so flipped-out over it. But of course, I want to stay true to that."

Looking more and more like what I've been speculating...

This is from a recent interview Emma gave when talking about her recent bridge scene...

"Essentially the argument is that Spider-Man kills her by accident, so the person she loves is the person who kills her, which is the most horrifying thing. Apparently people unsubscribed to the comic book when that happened because they were just so flipped-out over it. But of course, I want to stay true to that."

Looking more and more like what I've been speculating...

I could have sworn this was mentioned already a few days ago to be from a 2011 interview

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"