Arrow Episode 17 The Huntress Returns -Rate & Review Thread

Its hilarious how Oliver thinks he is the only one allowed to go around killing people. Even back before Helena started killing cops he has always called his kills "justice" and everyone else's kills "murder."

Tommy, as the only sane person on the show, would be better off leaving everyone in his life behind. Its funny; at the beginning of the series it was implied that he'd be a womanizing party-going dukeey best friend of Oliver, but he is actually the most sympathetic character on the show in my opinion.

Its hilarious how Oliver thinks he is the only one allowed to go around killing people. Even back before Helena started killing cops he has always called his kills "justice" and everyone else's kills "murder."

The difference is, he kills bad guys. She does too, but also everyone else who is in her way. Going so far as to threaten completely innocent people.

Helena's motivation in the first two episodes were understandable but with misguided methods. Now when she comes back she wants her father to be dead or rot in prison. She doesn't want his testimony to go through and put other potentially dangerous criminal behind bars going so far as to murder a whole bunch of FBI agents to reach her goal.

It might be somewhat hypocritical for Oliver to say she can't kill when he's willing to to suit his means but what she did in this episode is completely unsympathetic.

I don't see how Helena killing FBI agents is any different than Oliver mercilessly slaughtering dozens of bodyguards. Its especially distracting when he kills the bodyguards without thought then gives the main villain a chance to change.

I love Oliver, and root for him, but he's a hypocritical nutjob. I sometimes think this is intentional though. Some of Tommy's dialogue this episode suggests that the writers are aware of it.

I hate The Huntress. The character is annoying and the actress is just plain bad. I was hoping she would get killed in this episode but again she gets away scott free so she can come back sometime in the future. Luckily the actress will be on another show (I think it's Dracula) so hopefully she will still there.

I WANT to love the Huntress, I really do but this show is making it SO UNNECESSARILY DIFFICULT TO!

Her first scene was pretty great, obvious fan-service to the stripper costume, haha very good...

Then they ruin it because there was security footage in the lap dance room. Which she didn't sweep. Or wear a mask. Even though this was the ONE place where that little mask wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

I know she's new to the whole "vigilante assassin gig" but good Lord, watch a season of Dexter before you get into this.

I still hate the mask. It doesn't conceal her identity at all and it sPeaks volumes that Arrow doesn't even wear one, opting instead for a hood and makeup.

But what really bugged me was the insane depths she sank to, threatening not only Tommy but the people in the club. Her fiance was an innocent brutally murdered and she had no qualms about brutally murdering innocent people to stop brutal murderers...it's NOT mental gymnastics to see how hypocritical she was becoming.

Then she shot the likable girlfriend and we don't really know if she caught dad or not, leaving us with an pointless cliffhanger.

Like I said, I WANT to like her but the way the character is portrayed, I as an audience member can't see why Oliver didn't just kill her RIGHT after she released Tommy. She was clearly losing her grip on any sense of decency she had upon threatening the innocent club-goers --other potential "fiances"-- and, aside from my minor loyalty to her comic counterpart, I have no reason to want to see her return.

Anyone catch the Bialya reference in this episode? In one of the scenes, Diggs was reading an article about the assassination of the Bialyan president. Then, Mckenna is moving to Coast City to recover from her injuries.

Looks like there were lots of geographical shout-outs in this episode. Including Bludhaven, that now makes three, right?

The two scenes when papa Lance is talking to Laurel and later his ex-wife in the police station there was a noise in the background, it was probably just office chairs squeeking but it sounded a lot like birds chirping.

Guards, who probably weren't working for a big security company, with a shoot on sight order and who worked for a known killer.

But he did try to help her. Once he knew that her father was under constant surveillance, there was no way to get close to him without hurting tons of cops. And he was hoping she'd realize how futile it was.

I hope it'll be a while till we see her again. She needs to do some serious soul searching, to convince us that Oliver shouldn't try to shoot her again.

Seeing this way I kind of agree. Still liked her a lot :word::hrt:

maybe they dont want to redeem her maybe she will just be that recurring villain who will show up every now and a =gain

but if they do well if supernatural redeemed meg arrow can redeem helena

Welcome back Arrow.,, I missed this show and it was only off the air two weeks imagine what it's gonna be like when season one has finished.

I was so happy to see the show back and to see it come back with a bang. This obviously wasn't as good as the last episode which was by far the best of the series. But this was still a top rated episode.

To switch my male brain on here the actress who plays Huntress is incredibly hit and the opening had me all :wow: but for some reason (hotness aside) she really annoys me, I think she's kind of corny and I'm not a massive fan if the mask. I had my first roll my eyes moment with this show aswell when
Huntress caught the arrow :whatever:

Back to the episode, first thing I'm gonna mention is how awesome the score is on this show. I don't know if they get different composers or not but whoevers doing these scores is fantastic. Secondly as always the action was top notch, loved the chase with the vans aswell as Huntress vs Arrow.

So McKenna 's been shot and now written out for a while at least, I wonder if that's to do with her ties to True Blood? Anyway it's gonna be a same for her to be written out for a while cause I really liked her.

Island gap flashbacks again were awesome, I love Slade Wilson in this show cannot wait to see more if him.

Lastly, Roy Harper, I think Colton Heynes is such a great choice for this character, was so happy to see him back and I love the slow build he's getting on the show.

Overall rating a very high 8/10

Its great to have Arrow back again, really enjoyed this episode, some great set-ups for the rest of the season and I dont find Huntress annoying like others do.

Slade Wilson was awesome on the island again, taking down the guards superbly, the action in general was good this episode, bring on the rest of the season 8/10.

I've gone into huge detail elsewhere ages ago, but I like this character and I also like the actress playing her. To me, who never heard of "the huntress" before this show, it's perfectly fine, both the acting and the character.

She is that something else. Most people on this show fall into good or bad. She is very grey. I like that.

I notice the most hate for the non regular cast members has been about Helena and The Count (and now seemingly Roy too). Can't help but feel some of that is because they don't necessarily live up to what comic book fans expect of them. In my eyes, they are two of the most interesting characters, given they have something different about them.

Certainly they're both controversial which is why CW is going to keep pushing them. But yeah, me personally :hrt: her.

Didn't really dig this ep much, the island stuff was decent but Helena was mostly irritating this time around.

I'm if-y on Huntress. She has some cool moments (catching the arrow, when she corrected herself to Detective Lance with "daughters" - man that was cold) but she can also be bothersome. Maybe its her mission/quest that is bothering me. That or, if she wasn't supposed to be the Huntress but someone else, I'd like the character more. Not a fan of the costume either.

It's probably that. I'd be a lot less bothered if I didn't know she's supposed to be one of the good guys, and a character that I really enjoyed on JLU.

Huntress isn't this insane in the comics, is she?

Loved the stripper costume

I notice the most hate for the non regular cast members has been about Helena and The Count (and now seemingly Roy too). Can't help but feel some of that is because they don't necessarily live up to what comic book fans expect of them. In my eyes, they are two of the most interesting characters, given they have something different about them.

Love the Huntress, dislike the Count.

It's probably that. I'd be a lot less bothered if I didn't know she's supposed to be one of the good guys, and a character that I really enjoyed on JLU.

You mean a character that dropped a load of steel girders on a man while his young son was watching and had him killed out of revenge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"