Supergirl Episode 3.10 "The Legion of Super-Heroes" (SPOILERS)

I trust Jesse Rath to turn in a good performance.

He literally looks like a guy in make up and a bad wig,

Well, he literally is a guy in makeup and wig. :cwink: For the requisite green skin, I'm not sure there are many options other than makeup. A permanent face tattoo seems a little extreme for just a guest spot. Perhaps if he becomes a regular. :o

Here's another pic of Braniac 5 when he's a bit older

TOS-Shras.png

One thing, I see her suit is all better before she is.

And so far, I am liking B5. He has a nice, quipy/quirky attitude.

"Eventually Reign will leave." So she's not killed. This makes me happy.

Ugh I am so tired of Mon-El being the jesus of the Legion of Superheroes. What did they ever do before he came.

:funny:

In all seriousness though I like him so it's possible I might be able to get over it when watching :oldrazz:
Yes. In truth, Brainiac 5 is one of my favorite DC characters. I've always wanted to see him in live-action (that horrible Smallville version notwithstanding), and even then, there's a part of me that's always known he would, most likely, look goofy in live-action. Granted, I hoped he'd look better than this, but...I've been prepared for this particular disappointment for many years, lol. So I'm sure I'll be able to get past it. Still, my ideal scenario is that he sticks around for a while AND finds a way to look human so our eyes aren't constantly assaulted by this...aesthetic.

On a side note, his characterization already feels like a closer adaptation of his comics character than Mon-El's, thank goodness.

Ok, seeing J'onn as Kara again is an unexpected treat, lol.

I like the futures for both Supergirl and Reign as it gives us an idea how this season will end.

Really thats all we get of J'onn vs. Reign? This battle is lame as hell.

Shame that Brainy has to have such a horrible design since he was one of the highlights of the episode.

I like the futures for both Supergirl and Reign as it gives us an idea how this season will end.

I don't know, the future is fluid. What the League knows may now be 'old data,' as everything they've done since waking is making changes to their future.

It is still possible for Reign to die.

-------

I thought it was cool that the only way Supergirl could leave her mind was to be fully as Kara.

Was hoping for a little more from the fight, but it is what it is. Still a good fight though.

Oh **** there ARE other Worldkillers. Yay!

And Coville's officially The Worst follower of Rao ever.

Yes, more World Killers!! Nice surprise.

And they are officially trying to steel the 'stronger together' line now!

This is the problem with Supergirl. They play things so safe. This episode was horrible but it was incredibly basic. Kara is in a coma, get into her mind and really do some crazy cool things instead of just having her relax on the couch.

The battle should've been brutal, I wanted to see punching, kicking, flying, bruises, etc..J'onn hugging Reign was such a cop out. While it was nice to see Saturn Girl use her powers, they could've been better apart from saving Mon-El which was cool.

Glad they are doing the Worldkillers though.
tenor.gif

This is the problem with Supergirl. They play things so safe. This episode was horrible but it was incredibly basic. Kara is in a coma, get into her mind and really do some crazy cool things instead of just having her relax on the couch.
$$$

The battle should've been brutal, I wanted to see punching, kicking, flying, bruises, etc..J'onn hugging Reign was such a cop out.
$$$

:oldrazz:

Brainiac 5 is the highlight of this episode.

However, I expected a lot more from this episode. Having other Worldkillers is also from the comics as I'm glad they could incorporate them into the show.

That preacher basically switched sides, but he's now involved in this whole thing. However I will bet you that Reign will eventually kill him.

I wonder if they will introduce Black Kryptonite to separate Sam from Reign.

I'm not here for your logic lol.

But even doing a clip show for Kara would've been better then what we got. Xena did great with doing clip shows that were GOOD.

They need to plan their budget better, the flashback to them as teens should've saved them a pretty penny.

Brainiac 5 is the highlight of this episode.

However, I expected a lot more from this episode. Having other Worldkillers is also from the comics as I'm glad they could incorporate them into the show.

That preacher basically switched sides, but he's now involved in this whole thing. However I will bet you that Reign will eventually kill him.

I wonder if they will introduce Black Kryptonite to separate Sam from Reign.

Honestly I enjoyed Smallville Brainiac 5(although my only complaint was I wish he looked more like classic Brainy), but this Brainy was even more enjoyable to be honest.

The idea of World Killers is really enticing , I can't wait to see how the play into future episodes. I loved seeing Melissa playing John playing Kara to be honest. Especially with the talk with Lena. Seeing J'onn and the Legion vs Reign felt anticlimatic to me. I wish more could have been done.

Overall thoughts:

-I loved the central conceit of Kara's plot this episode - that embracing her humanity/Kara Danvers was the key to her returning to the living. It demonstrates a certain focus and drive to further serve the theme and dramatic arc of the season that this show hasn't really shown in previous seasons.

-The action and Legion stuff was indeed disappointing and cheesy, visually.

-Kara!J'onn interacting with Lena was gold.

-Looks aside, Brainiac 5 was an absolute delight. I officially like Saturn Girl now too.

-I've done enough ranting about the writing of Mon-El in this thread, so I'll just say that for once, I'd like to see him NOT have to be told or talked into taking action.

-Random DC mentions I enjoyed this ep: the Blight and Streaky! Young Kara learning how to control her strength so that she can pet a cat was a lovely story. In fact I generally loved all her scenes with Brainy in that mind prison - not in a "shippy" way, but in a "this is good emotional content" way.

This was directed by Jesse Warn, who I previously noted was becoming one of my faves with the show, but now I see that he's much better with the emotional stuff than action/visuals. Which is ok, I still like him. Hopefully in the future he'll just be given more episodes that play to his strengths (like "The Faithful").

Not a favorite of mine, but all-in-all a decent ep, imo.

One other thing to note - besides Streaky, they mention another Legion member Ayla Ranzz aka Lightning Lass. The twin sister of Legion founder Lightning Lad and Lightning Lord. I wonder if Ayla is going to be used in Supergirl.

And tonight sounded far more like the Reign in the comics, as in more Worldkillers, her leaving.....I'm very happy with what I'm hearing. I really enjoyed tonight's episode. We got plenty of Kara and Melissa playing Jonn playing Kara is always a treat to watch. Looking forward to next weeks episode. It is the NEXT episode that I'm a little worried about, but I will keep hope.

Anyone notice that they showed the outside of Kara's loft, the regular window shot, but they were in Alex's apartment....lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"