Sequels Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

yep pretty sure he said re-releases lol

or the ultimate F--- You to fox, re releasing the original SW trilogy eps 4,5 and 6 in their original forms leading into the new star wars ep 7

I actually prefer the Maximoffs in X-Men, as long as they're done well. I'd prefer to see Avengers such as Ms.Marvel and Black Panther.

Every time people bring up Carol and T'Chala my head hurts.

It's annoying to see people constantly harp on the two of them being in the Avengers and ignoring the Maximoffs because they feel like they're X-Men characters (which they aren't at all). And more to the point, just not thinking about whether or not it actually makes sense for these characters like Wasp, Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel, etc to be in the film in the first place. If the twins are in it it's because it makes sense and works for the story, it's not smart to shoehorn Avengers in just to have them on screen.

It's annoying to see people constantly harp on the two of them being in the Avengers and ignoring the Maximoffs because they feel like they're X-Men characters (which they aren't at all). And more to the point, just not thinking about whether or not it actually makes sense for these characters like Wasp, Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel, etc to be in the film in the first place. If the twins are in it it's because it makes sense and works for the story, it's not smart to shoehorn Avengers in just to have them on screen.

To be fair, the Maximoffs were X-Men characters before they were Avengers in the comics, even though they were Avengers for longer. But I understand where you're coming from.

And the characters like Wasp, Ant-Man, Panther, and Ms. Marvel can be worked into the script with rewrites. It's only shoehorning if they aren't relevant to the story, and they can be made to be relevant if they aren't already.

To be fair, the Maximoffs were X-Men characters before they were Avengers in the comics, even though they were Avengers for longer. But I understand where you're coming from.

And the characters like Wasp, Ant-Man, Panther, and Ms. Marvel can be worked into the script with rewrites. It's only shoehorning if they aren't relevant to the story, and they can be made to be relevant if they aren't already.

Exactly! And some directors/writers pick which characters they want to be in the team before they create the story.

And I think the general public are more aware that Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are X-Men characters than members of the Avengers and thats just because of the cartoons, videogames and their relationship with Magneto.

Yeah, they did appear in X-Men first, but that does not make them X-Men characters. They've literally only been in a couple dozen X-Men issues since they were introduced 50 years ago and only recently started being heavily used in X-Men/mutant storylines, especially Wanda. People don't even realize that Fox will have to alter their actual origin, since it involves things Marvel has the rights to. But, since they're known as being Magneto's children, it's Marvel who are "needlessly" using them and are "handicapped". >.>

I realize those characters can be worked into the script, but it's a matter of whether the time is right and if it makes sense. People don't think about those things. Why would they have Ms. Marvel be in Avengers 2 before anything Kree and Captain Marvel related have been introduced? Why would they have Ant-Man and Wasp in Avengers 2 right before their origin movie? And why would they have those things together? Those are big characters and they need time to be introduced less you waste their potential. It's just not time for them and people need to be patient about it. Not to mention the Maximoffs joined the Avengers before any of those characters sans Wasp and Ant-Man and were a part of only the second incarnation of the Avengers roster, so from even that perspective it makes sense to have them in the sequel.

/rant

Last edited:
To be honest, I'd kinda prefer them to be in the X-franchise rather than MCU, especially if they couldn't call them mutants or refer to Magneto. Taking those elements away from Pietro and Wanda would be removing a big chunk of their characters. I'd much rather the Avengers use the myriad of other characters at their disposal, (preferably more female characters, as this is a weak point in the MCU)

To be honest, I'd kinda prefer them to be in the X-franchise rather than MCU, especially if they couldn't call them mutants or refer to Magneto. Taking those elements away from Pietro and Wanda would be removing a big chunk of their characters. I'd much rather the Avengers use the myriad of other characters at their disposal, (preferably more female characters, as this is a weak point in the MCU)

I couldn't agree more.

*bangs head*

Them not being Magneto's children does not take away from their characters. It was a retcon. There is tons of history on them that has absolutely nothing to do with Magneto and it was never a major part of their characters, unless you're counting the Evolution and WATXM cartoons and MAYBE a couple random storylines after the fact. Otherwise, it was actually a pretty bad retcon because before that, them not knowing of their past and who their real parents were was a major point of contention for the characters and a very strong and consistent theme which brought them closer together, because the only family they had was each other. It brought a different dynamic to the Avengers and served a particular purpose on the team and in the Avengers comics as a whole. When they retconed Magneto into being their father it pretty much ruined the initial appeal and intent of the characters and turned them into something different than they were intended to be. Them being Magneto's children is a whole thing on its own that can be contained separately from their roles in Avengers stories.

Last edited:
For a retcon that's lasted around 40 years and through every version of the character, I'd say it's fairly well integrated to their background. And the audience that's familiar with them dating back to their original appearance as opposed to them post retcon is pretty small.

40 years?? It was retconned in 1982. It's not at all established in their background, I can't stress that enough. Magneto has absolutely nothing to do with the twins' backstory whatsoever beyond birthing them, which is not an essential or wanted element to their characters in the first place. He plays no role in who they become as adults, he plays no role in their classic tenure as Avengers, the era Joss read when he was a kid, and the retcon only served to take the characters in a different direction than what they were originally intended for because that storyline had run its course and was getting stagnant.

But in terms of their role on the Avengers as far as Avengers 2 is concerned, Magneto not being their father takes absolutely nothing whatsoever away from the characters. At all. 0%. Nada. It would serve no purpose as a storytelling device in this context and would only convolute the characters at this point anyway. We don't even know if Singer will have Quicksilver be Magneto's son in DOFP. It's just not as big a part of their characters as people who don't know their history make it out to be, especially since them knowing who their real father is perverts their characters' original roles on the Avengers and their original relationship and foundation of it.

Last edited:
Isn't this, like, the perfect deal? They could tell the origin of the characters in X-Men: DOFP and have any Magneto-related storylines there, but have Pietro and Wanda as Avengers with superpowers and not dwell on their origin at all, or play with words to reference it, Joss can absolutely do that. Moreover, Peters could be cast as a 'past' Quicksilver, on par with Fassbender's Magneto, but in the Avengers Pietro could be played by an older actor.

None of that is going to happen though. Quicksilver is going to be used in one action sequence in DOFP. It will basically be a glorified cameo.

And in any case, as I have said repeatedly, Fox cannot actually tell the twins' origin, only Marvel can. Fox does not own the righrs necessary to tell their origin. The twins' origin does not involve Magneto at all. The studio that would have to alter the twins' origins is Fox, not Marvel.

Isn't this, like, the perfect deal? They could tell the origin of the characters in X-Men: DOFP and have any Magneto-related storylines there, but have Pietro and Wanda as Avengers with superpowers and not dwell on their origin at all, or play with words to reference it, Joss can absolutely do that. Moreover, Peters could be cast as a 'past' Quicksilver, on par with Fassbender's Magneto, but in the Avengers Pietro could be played by an older actor.

I hope they get a British actor for older Pietro. This Peters guy looks like they found him by the side of the road and jammed him in the movie as a ***** you to marvel and the fans

None of that is going to happen though. Quicksilver is going to be used in one action sequence in DOFP. It will basically be a glorified cameo.

And in any case, as I have said repeatedly, Fox cannot actually tell the twins' origin, only Marvel can. Fox does not own the righrs necessary to tell their origin. The twins' origin does not involve Magneto at all. The studio that would have to alter the twins' origins is Fox, not Marvel.
Still, I don't see any problems with having Pietro in two movies, as narrative-wise his appearances are literally ages apart. If it's a cameo, what can he possibly do to contradict what Joss is planning for him? And DOFP will show the general audience he's a mutant, so while this can't be mentioned in TA2, people will still understand who he is.

I hope they get a British actor for older Pietro. This Peters guy looks like they found him by the side of the road and jammed him in the movie as a ***** you to marvel and the fans

lol dude. Every thread I look in has you hating on Singer, Fox, X-Men or Peters in some way or another. You are taking this way too far. There's no proof Singer didn't plan on using QS before Joss announced his brother/sister act. And besides that, Evan Peters is a pretty great young actor.

Still, I don't see any problems with having Pietro in two movies, as narrative-wise his appearances are literally ages apart. If it's a cameo, what can he possibly do to contradict what Joss is planning for him? And DOFP will show the general audience he's a mutant, so while this can't be mentioned in TA2, people will still understand who he is.
Well I'm not arguing against that. My problem is people complaining about the Maximoffs being in A2 over other heroes and them saying they fit better in X-Men films and that their characters are ruined without Magneto, none of which is even remotely close to being true.

Also, I don't think the general audience will even realize they're the same character. They will be completely different. In addition to the vast difference in their roles, the QS in DOFP will be American and won't be called Pietro and will be a mutant. The QS in A2 will not be called Quicksilver, will be british, and will be far more fleshed out and will have a completely different explanation for where his powers come from. The only similarity between them will be their powers.

There's no proof Singer didn't plan on using QS before Joss announced his brother/sister act.
I agree with this. Singer has said on record months ago that he's wanted to use Quicksilver and I expected him to use him in this movie. That said if he wanted t just use speed on film then he could have done Northstar.

And besides that, Evan Peters is a pretty great young actor.
While I'm sure he is okay, he is not Quicksilver. Them casting him just proves he will be little more than a glorified cameo and Singer is only interested in using Quicksilver's abilities on screen, not really the character itself. That "before he was an Avenger he was just a really fast kid" comment supports this as well.

While I'm sure he is okay, he is not Quicksilver. Them casting him just proves he will be little more than a glorified cameo and Singer is only interested in using Quicksilver's abilities on screen, not really the character itself. That "before he was an Avenger he was just a really fast kid" comment supports this as well.

I've only seen him in The Office and Kick Ass. Both fairly small roles, but he was essentially a spoiled brat and/or sarcastic dick in both. I see no reason why "he is not Quicksilver." But I will find another instance of his acting skill to confirm or deny.

Also, I don't think the general audience will even realize they're the same character. They will be completely different. In addition to the vast difference in their roles, the QS in DOFP will be American and won't be called Pietro and will be a mutant. The QS in A2 will not be called Quicksilver, will be british, and will be far more fleshed out and will have a completely different explanation for where his powers come from. The only similarity between them will be their powers.
Is this official? A british QS whose name is not QS or Pietro? I thought he can't be called a mutant and Magneto's son.

I've only seen him in The Office and Kick Ass. Both fairly small roles, but he was essentially a spoiled brat and/or sarcastic dick in both. I see no reason why "he is not Quicksilver." But I will find another instance of his acting skill to confirm or deny.
He's not European. That is essential to Quicksilver's character. I don't care if he can act like a jackass, if he's not Euro then he isn't Quicksilver. Not to mention Quicksilver isn't just a jackass, he has to be able to capture the range of emotions that comes with his care for Wanda. That said, she probably won't even be in this and for all we know the character might not be anything more than a kid who became a mutant.

Is this official? A british QS whose name is not QS or Pietro? I thought he can't be called a mutant and Magneto's son.
Marvel CAN use the name Pietro, it's Fox who can't. It's from a tweet from a THR writer, so the source is definitely legit.

He's not European. That is essential to Quicksilver's character. I don't care if he can act like a jackass, if he's not Euro then he isn't Quicksilver. Not to mention Quicksilver isn't just a jackass, he has to be able to capture the range of emotions that comes with his care for Wanda. That said, she probably won't even be in this and for all we know the character might not be anything more than a kid who became a mutant.

Meh, if Peters can't mimic either Fassbenders not-quite Irish accent OR McKellen's extremely proper English accent, you're right. He doesnt deserve to be an actor let alone play Magneto's son. But how is British any better than an American accent when you have a character who was born in Nazi Germany?

Quicksilver is primarily a jackass. And, as you said, if SW isn't in this film, he will have no reason to be anything other than a jackass. If she is, this is yet another thing I have faith Evan Peters, as a working Hollywood actor, can pull off.

Yeah, they did appear in X-Men first, but that does not make them X-Men characters. They've literally only been in a couple dozen X-Men issues since they were introduced 50 years ago and only recently started being heavily used in X-Men/mutant storylines, especially Wanda. People don't even realize that Fox will have to alter their actual origin, since it involves things Marvel has the rights to. But, since they're known as being Magneto's children, it's Marvel who are "needlessly" using them and are "handicapped". >.>

I realize those characters can be worked into the script, but it's a matter of whether the time is right and if it makes sense. People don't think about those things. Why would they have Ms. Marvel be in Avengers 2 before anything Kree and Captain Marvel related have been introduced? Why would they have Ant-Man and Wasp in Avengers 2 right before their origin movie? And why would they have those things together? Those are big characters and they need time to be introduced less you waste their potential. It's just not time for them and people need to be patient about it. Not to mention the Maximoffs joined the Avengers before any of those characters sans Wasp and Ant-Man and were a part of only the second incarnation of the Avengers roster, so from even that perspective it makes sense to have them in the sequel.

/rant

Fox having to alter their origin won't be a huge deal. It's not hard to do when they're so easily adaptable to the X-Men universe.

I do think about things like that, lol. How do we know nothing Kree related and Captain Marvel won't be introduced before TA2? There is a strong chance of that with the GOTG movie coming out, and Carol even has a chance of being in that movie before she gets her powers.

And about the Ant-Man and Wasp thing, we don't know if Ant-Man will play like an origin movie or not. It's possible that TA2 could introduce them, and Ant-Man could continue their story. Order of appearances really don't matter in the movies at this point, because if they were going by that logic, Ant-Man and Wasp would have been in the first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"