EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all of the rumored actors for T'Challa, only Chiwetel Ejiofor fits. First, he has expressed interest in doing a comic book movie, but nobody has asked him to do it (he said so himself in an interview with Collider while promoting 12 Years a Slave) and second he brings more sophistication to the MCU. I know other names have been thrown around, but who's to say that they are interested?

Also, Chadwick Boseman must never play a comic-book character.

Out of all of the rumored actors for T'Challa, only Chiwetel Ejiofor fits. First, he has expressed interest in doing a comic book movie, but nobody has asked him to do it (he said so himself in an interview with Collider while promoting 12 Years a Slave) and second he brings more sophistication to the MCU. I know other names have been thrown around, but who's to say that they are interested?

Considering the limited opportunities for a black-led tentpole (and potential franchise) in Hollywood, not to mention the number of actors who have come out and said they want to play T'Challa in interviews, drumming up interest from prospects will not be hard at all.

Last edited:

Why? From what I hear he's a good actor, and he's young in the game. He could make a good mark for himself by doing a lot of different characters.

Why? From what I hear he's a good actor, and he's young in the game. He could make a good mark for himself by doing a lot of different characters.

Because he's been typcast as "the black guy in the biopics"

:o

He's already been Jackie Robinson and he's going to be James Brown.

Typecast after two whole movies, huh? If he's interested in playing a superhero I can't see a problem with it.

Because he's been typcast as "the black guy in the biopics"

:o

He's already been Jackie Robinson and he's going to be James Brown.
My first choice is far and away Ejiofor, but to say he's the only possible choice is a little weird. Boseman didn't blow me away with his performance in 42, but was solid. He would be a good choice if Ejiofor declines or if his salary demands are higher than what Marvel's willing to pay. If Marvel's going the "relatively unknown" route, they could do worse than looking into Chris Chalk, who was excellent in a small part in season 1 of Homeland, and as part of The Newsroom's supporting cast.

I feel like if they can't get Ejiofor (especially if it's over salary or film options) a natural runner-up would be David Oyelowo. Both stage-trained Nigerian Brits, around the same age. David just hasn't had the breakout film role yet.

David Oyelowo is the son of a real Nigerian Prince as well.

I'd love for Denzel to be the Black Panther's father. Having him as T'Challa's father would be huge financially. My mother only goes to see "the new Denzel movie" every year. I know alot of other older black women do the same. My pick for director would be Malcolm D. Lee or Spike Lee.

This is such a huge opportunity minorities in phase 3 hopefully. Black Panther hopefully a Latin Dr. Strange and not a minority but a Ms. Marvel film as well taking place on Kree home world helping lead into A3... give Cap-Thor-Ironman-Hulk a rest in phase 3 till after A3

I'd love for Denzel to be the Black Panther's father. Having him as T'Challa's father would be huge financially. My mother only goes to see "the new Denzel movie" every year. I know alot of other older black women do the same. My pick for director would be Malcolm D. Lee or Spike Lee.

This is such a huge opportunity minorities in phase 3 hopefully. Black Panther hopefully a Latin Dr. Strange and not a minority but a Ms. Marvel film as well taking place on Kree home world helping lead into A3... give Cap-Thor-Ironman-Hulk a rest in phase 3 till after A3

T'Chaka is not a role Denzel would do. I think he would consider such a role as too small for him. Now if he was Killmonger or Man Ape and was the main villain of the feature, I think he would consider it. He's played villains before, so it's not like he would be against it. Also, whoever is cast as T'Chaka would have to die very early in the movie in order for T'Challa to ascend the role of Black Panther. Denzel has played characters who have died at the very end of the movie, so he would not be against that either.

I think T'Chaka is too small of a role for Denzel. Killmonger and Man Ape would fit if the character is the main villain should they want Denzel for the part. The key there would be whether or not he would be interested. I have Forrest Whitaker as T'Chaka because I don't think the role is too small for him. My cast has changed since the last thread. I have replaced Marianne Jean Baptiste as Raymonda with Angela Bassett.

I think that Marvel will hire a white director for Black Panther. I think they may go for Justin Chadwick (Mandela Long Walk to Freedom) or even Neill Blomkamp.

My first choice is far and away Ejiofor, but to say he's the only possible choice is a little weird. Boseman didn't blow me away with his performance in 42, but was solid. He would be a good choice if Ejiofor declines or if his salary demands are higher than what Marvel's willing to pay. If Marvel's going the "relatively unknown" route, they could do worse than looking into Chris Chalk, who was excellent in a small part in season 1 of Homeland, and as part of The Newsroom's supporting cast.

Ejiofor is not my only choice. He's my top choice. My second choice is David Oyelowo.

I believe this movie will happen, especially if vibranium is used a lot more in Cap 2 and Age of Ultron.

If the film gives any focus to T'Challa's rise to the throne, it's not hard to work in flashbacks/callbacks to T'Chaka to make that role truly significant. That said, I do agree that this doesn't seem like Denzel's type of film.

Without a doubt, I want Djimon Hounsou as T'Chaka. If we were casting this around the time of Gladiator, he'd be neck and neck with Wesley Snipes as no-brainer choices for the lead. As it is today, the only thing truly holding Djimon back from being T'Challa is his age. I think especially if we see the death of T'Chaka on screen, the king should be aged but still in fighting shape, something Djimon certainly is (It's also part of why I can't really see Whitaker as T'Chaka). Djimon has expressed his love for the character numerous times and voiced his tv series. He'd jump at the chance to be involved.

If M'Baku were in the film and presented as a legitimate threat and not just dumb muscle, Whitaker would be much better as that, due to his formidable screen presence.

As far as directors, I really like Antoine Fuqua. Tears of the Sun and Shooter have traits to them that I think could lend to a great Black Panther film.

Last edited:
If the film gives any focus to T'Challa's rise to the throne, it's not hard to work in flashbacks/callbacks to T'Chaka to make that role truly significant. However that said, this doesn't seem like Denzel's type of film.

Without a doubt, I want Djimon Hounsou as T'Chaka. If we were casting this around the time of Gladiator, he'd be a no-brainer choice as the lead. As it is today, the only thing truly holding him back from being T'Challa is his age. I think especially if we see the death of T'Chaka on screen, the king should be aged but still in fighting shape, something Djimon certainly is (It's also part of why I can't see Whitaker as T'Chaka). Djimon has expressed his love for the character numerous times. he'd jump at the chance to be involved.

If M'Baku were in the film and presented as a legitimate threat and not just dumb muscle, Whitaker would be much better as that, due to his formidable screen presence.

As far as directors, I really like Antoine Fuqua. Tears of the Sun and Shooter have traits to them that I think could lend to a great Black Panther film.

Marvel isn't going to cast one person in two different roles within the MCU unless it's Stan Lee. So Honsou is out since he's going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy.

T'Chaka is not a role Denzel would do. I think he would consider such a role as too small for him. Now if he was Killmonger or Man Ape and was the main villain of the feature, I think he would consider it.

Denzel Washington ain't playing a character called Man Ape.

Ejiofor is not my only choice. He's my top choice. My second choice is David Oyelowo.

I believe this movie will happen, especially if vibranium is used a lot more in Cap 2 and Age of Ultron.
Sorry about that. I skimmed the "...of all of the rumored actors for T'Challa..." part too quickly. Oyelowo fits, and I like him in the few shows I've seen him in, but IMO Boseman does too.
Marvel isn't going to cast one person in two different roles within the MCU unless it's Stan Lee. So Honsou is out since he's going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Depends on how recognizable he is in GOTG. Even the folks who've seen the glimpse of him from the Comic Con footage don't seem to have a consensus. I mean, if he's under heavy make up or "blued", as Dr. Tobais Fumke would put it, Honsou would be my absolute first choice for T'Chaka. If his appearance isn't altered too drastically in GOTG, then they probably would have to go in another direction.

If the character of Ramonda is in a Black Panther film, my new choices are Angela Bassett and Viola Davis.

If Chiwetel doesn't play black panther I would love to see him as arms dealer Moses Magnum.

images_1.jpg

So, here's my idea at the moment. Tear it up at will.

Marvel-Studios-Black-Panther-Movie-Logo-Fan-Made_zpsd9f2c39d.jpg

So, T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman), a young man of 19, has returned from his walkabout in America, where he's already earned two advanced degrees, after hearing about his country falling into civil war. He's informed of this news and accompanied by state department rep Everett Ross (Jay Baruchel). He's not ready, mentally, emotionally, or physically to lead, but General M'Baka (Forrest Whitaker) has taken the throne from the regent, Uncle S'Yan (Morgan Freeman). T'Challa doesn't want to be king, he'd rather be a scientist than being tied to the old ways, but according to his mother Ramonda (Jill Scott), he's the only one who can stand up to M'Baka. He has some flashbacks where he fights and learns from T'Chaka (Chiwetel Ejiofor), and watches his father die at the hands of an assassin. M'Baka tries to kill him and then T'Challa discovers that there is a supplier behind M'Baka's coup, behind T'Chaka's death: mercenary leader Ulysses S. Klaw (Ed Harris).

T'Challa then sets out on a series of battles, first against uncle S'Yan, then again in order to earn the Dora Milaje, Okoye (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) and Nakia (Yaya Dacosta Alafia), then again in order to defend his people against Klaw's number one merc Black Knight (Jason Statham). He uses his brilliant strategic mind to play a sort of martial arts/gadget chess with his foes. Very Holmesian. After facing his worst nightmares and proving himself worthy to others, he goes to face M'Baka but is stopped by Klaw and his men and defeated tossed in a deep hole in the countryside, his people are all captured, and everything.

T'Challa realizes that he has yet to prove himself to himself. He then discovers the ancient ruins of the Wakandan Empire, how great a legacy he actually holds, and through it, how great he is. He communes with his father and uses this area to forge a new Black Panther outfit, instead of just wearing his father's, fusing the old ways and the new ways. He then proceeds to wreck shop on M'Baka, his militia, Klaw's mercenaries and then finally Klaw himself. He then claims Wakanda's independence from whatever real African nation it's located in, start mass producing his technology ideas using Wakanda's resources and Klaw's infrastructure.

Hmmm...Jay Baruchel as Everett Ross. I can see that.

Plus (like Paul Rudd) if there is ever a pseudo sequel to "This is the End" he can tell Seth Rogen "my superhero film is better than your Superhero film."

Yaya Dacosta Alafia fits Misty Knight more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"