EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm sure Marvel doesn't have the balls to do this (nor do I think this would actually be the wisest move marketing wise), but I think Mar-Vell should be introduced in a prior cosmic Marvel movie (i.e. Guardians 2), Captain Marvel should be sold as a spinoff film starring him, with Carol Danvers billed as the plucky female "romantic interest" character... however, at the end of the first act, the Yon-Rogg incident happens (killing Mar-Vell in this version), and Carol Danvers gains powers and takes up the Captain Marvel mantle and becomes the protagonist for the rest of the movie.

It's a neat idea, but I agree it's not going to work. At a minimum, people would figure it out. But I also suspect they'd want to play up that she's the star rather than downplay it. Although, as far as introducing him separately, I kind of want him to appear in Agents of SHIELD.

Yes, I know that Chloe Bennett (Skye) is half Asian, but that's not how she's been portrayed on Agents of SHIELD.

Well, she was born in Hunan province.

One of the bloggers over there (Shadow and Act) refers to the Hollywood system as "White Supremacy."

They go overboard over there though with their rage at white people telling black stories. As an Asian American, I don't really care if a white director is directing a movie where the themes are set in Asia as long as they treat it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"