EVERYTHING Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's other ways to have an interesting character/story arcs for T'Challa without repeating Thor.

There are hundreds of reasons T'Challa cannot be king and/or properly lead his people. And many of those reasons can be due to outside factors or misguided principles.

he might be a little too old for marvel they may want to go the evans,hemsworth age range of late 20's

but why not go after David Oyelowo then he is same age as Chiwetel
o030uu.jpg

Oyelowo would be good. I could easily see him as T'Challa.

Chewy would be good, he's one of my top choices. It depends how they are handling the T'Challa character.

IF they want to do kinda what they did in that (bad imo) Ultimate Avengers 2 movie where they had young T'Challa returning from a long stay away from Wakanda due to his studies then I think Hodge would be the best choice

If they want to do the established king bit that I think Chewy would be the best choice for the job.

However, I think it's best to go with the first one. T'Challa being unsure on how to do everything as king/not having the full trust of his people would add an interesting dimension to the character.

well looking at the pics posted of T'Challa does now then yes Chewy does look spot on for him. I also agree that it all depends on how Marvel wants to handle him. Hodge would be great as the young king growing into BP while Chewy would be perfect for an already established king of Wakanda.

Point taken that not everybody is going to recognize Ejiofor or his name, but he's built up a lot of acting chops and indie clout. That's actually MORE than Chris Hemsworth or Mark Ruffalo or Edward Norton brought to the table in their respective MS debuts.

:dry: Did you seriously just suggest Norton and especially Ruffalo hadn't built up acting chops or "indie clout"?

BP isn't made to be a trilogy from the get go. The first film needs to justify the sequel and so on.

I don't know about that. I mean of course the first film will have to stand on it's own, but Marvel will definitely be hoping for solo sequels as well as Avenger sequels. Whoever they choose will probably be optioned for 6 films.

why do people think anytime a young actor is a super hero he automatically is a boy or some crap only men are in thier mid 30's or 40's lol

guys like cavill,hemsworth,evans,even when bale was cast were all late 20's and looked manly

Another catsing idea:

Lee Thompson Young

I remember him from The Hills Have Eyes 2 (see pic) and he's curently in Rizzoli and Isles tv show.

ri-young.jpg

riflip_b.jpg

he can wear lifts....movie magic

I used to say Jett Jackson would be an excellent Static Shock or young John Stewart.

he can wear lifts....movie magic

True. They did it for RDJ in Iron Man and The Avengers.

I think I like Nate Parker for his acting chops and wrestling background. Chiwetel is still a really awesome choice. I'd want to see him more muscular though.

Can we (I mean Marvel) just get the movie made already? We need this!

(And I hope they aren't planning to use Falcon for the next Avengers movie since he's going to appear in the new series.)

Another catsing idea:

Lee Thompson Young

I remember him from The Hills Have Eyes 2 (see pic) and he's curently in Rizzoli and Isles tv show.

ri-young.jpg

riflip_b.jpg
He's always been my #1 pic actually, he's been a martial artist for YEARS ( was Doin It on Jett Jackson) I 've seen him working on Kali and Capoiera and practices Parkour...

How about anyone from The Wire?

Also I'm sick of news sites posting pleas from actors to play the role as "news". Of course every African American actor is going to want to get this role. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be part of the phenomenon that is The Avengers? (Somewhere Edward Norton is crying softly...)

How about anyone from The Wire?

Also I'm sick of news sites posting pleas from actors to play the role as "news". Of course every African American actor is going to want to get this role. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be part of the phenomenon that is The Avengers? (Somewhere Edward Norton is crying softly...)

...I'm more interested in hearing about the African-African actors who want this role

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be part of the phenomenon that is The Avengers? (Somewhere Edward Norton is crying softly...)
I think there are plenty of actors who would stay away from certain comic book roles. I don't think all actors would want to deal with the "hype" (press tours, comic-con, CONSTANT ridicule on forums about you're look and acting abilities) I mean yes for some, it's all about the paycheck, but I think most actors would kinda scoff at the thought at first.

how'bout Neill Blomkamp as director? he's from south africa and district 9 was a great film.

Yeah, we've talked about him a few times, he'd be great if he's up for doing a movie that's not his personal baby. I think he'd be a lot like Edgar Wright in that way. His ideas are a bit too big and personal to fit in the standardized deadline-laden MCU.

I hope the score is very traditional African like the Lion King.

I think if the theme/story of the film is about T'Challa advancing Wakanda and advancing African tradition and fusing the old with the new, then the soundtrack should do that to. Definitely African, but in new ways, with new instruments.

Lee Thompson Young is a great actor, I think he'd do well, but I don't think he's the best man for the job.

Mehcad Brooks shows his interest.
Mehcad Brooks is an extremely talented actor. Currently you can watch him steal scene after scene in USA's drama Necessary Roughness in which he portrays Terrence "TK" King. Since day one I've felt that Mehcad Brooks would be a perfect choice for the King of Wakanda, and he was kind enough to give me his time for an interview.

Do you think have an advantage over other actors for a superhero role like Black Panther because you are in such good shape?
I'd love the opportunity to tackle the role. I keep myself In shape because I have always wanted to play a superhero and I always figured it was better to stay ready than to get ready. There's a lot of great choices for BP. I'd be honored to be in that group. And I'd apply laser focus to preparing for the role.

Black Panther typically has a reserved personality in the comic books. Do you think you would try to give him a little more personality to make sure your performance stands out?
I think every superhero needs personality. Especially in this day and age with all of the CGI. For the hero to stand out in this format he/she has to be charming, memorable, funny, engaged and engaging in a way that not only compliments the visual aspect of the effects. But also to stand out in front of all this wonderful technology at our disposal. So hell ya. I'd kill Black Panther.

What's your take on the character when he isn't in the costume?
He's African royalty so I see him as a James bond type out of the costume.

Were there any particular stories or villains that you'd most want to see in a Black Panther movie?
No. I leave that to the experts at Marvel!

Actors who are well known for their television roles have a hard time getting the opportunity to move to feature film? Agree or disagree?
Will Smith. Denzel Washington. Morgan Freeman. George Clooney. Clint Eastwood. Eddie Murphy. These guys did just fine.

If you landed the role of Black Panther you most certainly would at least make a cameo in The Avengers 2. Which actor from the cast would you most like to work with?
Robert Downey Jr. is the man.
Everyone's been a fan since they were a teen :o

Anyway, out of who has expressed interest Hodge is my top choice followed by Mackie. Brooks is a meh actor, not bad but from what Ive seen more suited for TV or Luke Cage than T'Challa

Last edited:
Well, we only had like two black superheroes for the most part. We all grew up idolizing Supes, Bats and Spidey, but frankly if we wanted a hero who we could honestly connect with on a deeper level as black kids growing up, they were sparse.

Wow Mehcad Brooks is a great choice for Black Panther. I've been a fan of his for a long time. He is very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"